Barbour Commander made in Bulgaria?

Hi everyone,

So I was browsing one of the local stores in my city looking to take advantage of any black friday sales and lo and behold, the store carried the Barbour commander. However, it was not on sale, and they also only had it in 2XL which is not my size. Anyway, I was admiring the jacket when I noticed a "Made in Bulgaria" tag right under the "Original Barbour Tartan" tag. Now, I had always been under the assumption that the jacket was made in England as was with all Barbour jackets and I had not seen this tag on pictures of other jackets such as 13826894884525BARBOURJACKETOG3.jpg.

So I'm wondering whether or not anybody knows whether or not these jackets are all made in Bulgaria, or is it just the recent batch? Or possibly they were all made in Bulgaria and they just started labelling the coats with that tag? It would be a little disappointing if it were so, considering the hefty price tag. Luckily I got mine for a great 1/3 discount, so I guess I don't mind too much :D

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

So I was browsing one of the local stores in my city looking to take advantage of any black friday sales and lo and behold, the store carried the Barbour commander. However, it was not on sale, and they also only had it in 2XL which is not my size. Anyway, I was admiring the jacket when I noticed a "Made in Bulgaria" tag right under the "Original Barbour Tartan" tag. Now, I had always been under the assumption that the jacket was made in England as was with all Barbour jackets and I had not seen this tag on pictures of other jackets such as 13826894884525BARBOURJACKETOG3.jpg.

So I'm wondering whether or not anybody knows whether or not these jackets are all made in Bulgaria, or is it just the recent batch? Or possibly they were all made in Bulgaria and they just started labelling the coats with that tag? It would be a little disappointing if it were so, considering the hefty price tag. Luckily I got mine for a great 1/3 discount, so I guess I don't mind too much :D

The original J E Barbour and sons factory was ,and hope still is ,on Simonside South Shields (its near Newcastle)
    wich is no where near Bulgaria,but with so much British manufacturing being sent abroad these days
    to maximise profits for greedy directors , it wouldn't suprise me
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BondyueBondyue Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    My tokito has a big tag that says it was made in Bulgaria. I bought it from a registered US distributor so I am sure it is the real deal, though the button is non SA
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Where is the tag, I looked at my ToKiTo and don't see one.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Where is the tag, I looked at my ToKiTo and don't see one.

I think some versions of this jacket had the tag stuffed in the inside pockets!

I have also seen some with the Made In Bulgaria tag in the usual tag area of a jacket however both of mine did not have this tag there.

Will have to check mine as I sized down and never checked my new one
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Agent 00 FrogAgent 00 Frog Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 122MI6 Agent
    Very odd find there, maybe the Bulgarians are the ones that make the 2XLs? :p

Bought mine in August and there is nothing on it stating where it was made, so I can only assume/hope the UK.
    "Set your hopes up way too high, living's in the way we die"
    Just checked my XL. No markings of origin
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    edited December 2013
    My To Ki To has the made in Bulgaria tag on the inside of the left inner pocket. It's on the back of the white tag located inside the pocket. It is an original batch jacket purchased last September.
    JB1962 wrote:
    My To Ki To has the made in Bulgaria tag on the inside of the left inner pocket. It's on the back of the white tag located inside the pocket. It was an original batch jacket purchased last September.

I found this white tag but no "made in Bulgaria"
    Mine is SA button placement and size XL
  • BondyueBondyue Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    Here is mine again. Non-SA button placement purchased from Royal Male in the US
    IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

PS. Sorry, didn't flip my images