why use your username ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
I was wondering tonight for the reasons why we choose our usernames, I'm sure there are
many stories behind the choice. For myself combining two Bonds Thunderball and Octopussy
to get Thunderpussy ( lucky I didn't go for Octoballs ) .
Your choice of avatar would also be interesting. Book or album cover, favourite Bond etc.
Mine is a Comedy character " Basildon Bond " by Russ Abbot, I think he suits my character.
So any stories from others ?
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    I picked Sir Miles because he's described as a 'grumpy old man' - which couldn't be more apt...
    And the avatar choice of the eye from the bookcover of FYEO is because I am watching and all seeing.... B-)

:D
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Mine is a tribute to Gunnar Sønsteby, SOE-agent and according to the British probably the best agent in Europe during WWII.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Mine is a quote from my favourite Bond film OHMSS
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Mine is my wife's name (German version of Barbara). On reflection I wish I'd picked something like GuitarMan or JohnBarryFan, but it's well too late now.
    And my avatar is me.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    I wanted someone from OHMSS, and Bray was the most noble I could think of. I misspelled the "Hilary" with two L's entirely through ignorance -- and a good thing too, as "Sir Hilary Bray" was already taken (I later learned).

My avatar is the coat of arms of the College of Arms, where my namesake is Sable Basilisk.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Very interesting stuff guys, I had not thought about your first choice of name if it had already been taken. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Mine is my wife's name (German version of Barbara)

Would 't be the correct username then Bärbel?

As for guitar man , scottish hermit would fit better :D

My username is my webpage - the pic is me on a good-hair-day :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Mine is quit simple, as my real name is Alexandra...I go by Alexa normally, but close friends call me Lexa or Lexi.

My avatar is how I feel...(not necessarily how I look ;) )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, that AVATAR pic is not really flattering, Lex ;%

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Mine is from Thunderball, obviously, and then a play on words that reflects Bond's Cold War era and my twisted mind.

As for my avatar, I'm too technically challenged to figure how to put one up.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:

:x :x

(although I'm curious as to what you originally posted :v :D )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:

Neither is yours :v
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Well username is a direct reference from the film OHMSS, when Tracey announces after they are married they will be 'Mr and Mrs James Bond of Acacia Avenue, Tunbridge Wells', well there is no guesses where I was born and live!
    As to the avatar pic that is 'Bluebottle' from the excellent Goons Show, he was a Boy Scout from East Finchley and the part was played by brilliant Peter Sellers.
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    The Domino Effect, Interesting. I always thought it was a reference to " Countries falling like dominos, in
    south america to communisum etc " :)) so I've learned something. :D

ACACIA_AVENUE, I thought it was a play on an old Duran Duran album. ;) I still sometimes hear the Goons on
    BBC4 Extra radio. I should of realised as OHMSS is my favourite Film.

And I'm sure Lexi is stunning -{ as is Bondtoys ( In the right light of course, I'll leave the amount of light up to you ) ;) :p
    Lexi wrote:

:x :x

(although I'm curious as to what you originally posted :v :D )

I have just added "AVATAR" to emphasize that i was speaking about the AVATAR and not the very errm.... private pics that i made ;% when meeting you...

Nothing sinister - move on :D

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    :D I think my username is self explanatory :))
    So you had both - DANielle and JAQueline and got rid OFF them? :D

That would be Dana not Danielle :D and the last bit is 0ff not Off 8-) its just you lots dirty mind :o
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Mine is my wife's name (German version of Barbara)

Would 't be the correct username then Bärbel?
    :D

Yes, but my keyboard has no umlauts. :(
    I can send you one over..... :D

ä ö ü

Is there a big demand for an umlaut delivery service, do the dragons know about this. :))
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    It is one of the best on this site. Makes me laugh every time I see it. -{
    Hilly...you old devil!
    On my phone, I can do umlauts but not on my UK keyboard. Bärbel.
    But thanks for the offers, guys!

And BT, isn't a Herr Mit a Mister With? :))
    Yeah, but a mister in german is a shitter :))

Of course! I remember a story that Rolls-Royce were going to call one of their cars the Silver Mist until they were told it wouldn't sell much in Germany, so it became the Silver Shadow.
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    It is one of the best on this site. Makes me laugh every time I see it. -{

Cheers Hilly -{ :D
    edited December 2013
    Barbel wrote:
    Of course! I remember a story that Rolls-Royce were going to call one of their cars the Silver Mist until they were told it wouldn't sell much in Germany, so it became the Silver Shadow.

Anyhow - they did not sell many of the Silver Shadow here - the Mercedes 600 and later the 450 SEL 6.9 was the far better car ;)

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Always shaken ,pretty self explanatory, just a play on something Bond related
    but the avatar (1) its part of my e-mail address (2) baloo happens to be my favourite Disney character arrrrrrrhhh
    and (3) it best describes me, big and cuddly , and daft
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    To bore you utterly to tears, my username comes from that fact i'm a short arse and mini fan, coupled with the fact i used to be called 'geff' at college after someone called jim got their name humourously spelt 'gym'. Jim became 'Gim', I got called 'Geff'.

So it's not microjiff, microballs, minijeff or microjiffjeffballfacewanker, it's minigeff, as in mini... Geff.

The avatar is some girl taking a good shag off a robot in some music vid that someone posted on here (hooray for iphone snapshot) and I used it cos I found it funny. har har.

Past avatarts have been marvin the android from hitchhikers guide as his mood perfectly reflects mine and angry of mayfair for the same reason. I also used a shot of Brossa gurning during the 'very talented girl' clip in GE. I might go for another change again soon, maybe something vomit inducingly christmas i suppose.

Toodles.

MG -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    His user name is quite
    minigeff wrote:
    To bore you utterly to tears, my username comes from that fact i'm a short arse and mini fan, coupled with the fact i used to be called 'geff' at college after someone called jim got their name humourously spelt 'gym'. Jim became 'Gim', I got called 'Geff'.

So it's not microjiff, microballs, minijeff or microjiffjeffballfacewanker, it's minigeff, as in mini... Geff.

The avatar is some girl taking a good shag off a robot in some music vid that someone posted on here (hooray for iphone snapshot) and I used it cos I found it funny. har har.

Past avatarts have been marvin the android from hitchhikers guide as his mood perfectly reflects mine and angry of mayfair for the same reason. I also used a shot of Brossa gurning during the 'very talented girl' clip in GE. I might go for another change again soon, maybe something vomit inducingly christmas i suppose.

Toodles.

MG -{

Thats tame considering your real name is Singe Pasty :D sounds like something my mrs would cook :))