26

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

I must be honest, the only watch that I've ever been asked about is my Seamaster and just like in Casino Royale the question was "Rolex?"

Unfortunately for me it was not a beautiful girl asking the question but some bloke with a dodgy beard lol

Instagram - welshboy1978

27

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

story of your life, welshie?  ajb007/lol

http://ms0.iol.it/img_newsreg/5/2/8/22061825.jpg
President of the 'Tim Dalton Misty-Eyed Fan Club'.
------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!-------
Don't you Higgy-Baby Me! The name is Higgins, Jonathan Quayle Higgins III !!

28

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

SilentSpy wrote:

I hope Bond never goes back to the Roger Moore digital watch just to have it.

Hey, these digital Seikos have been the epitome of cool back then!

http://ms0.iol.it/img_newsreg/5/2/8/22061825.jpg
President of the 'Tim Dalton Misty-Eyed Fan Club'.
------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!-------
Don't you Higgy-Baby Me! The name is Higgins, Jonathan Quayle Higgins III !!

29

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

I've had a lot more comments on my Seiko Orange Monster than on my Seamaster. I think the Seamster is pretty inconspicuous compared to other 'luxury' watches. And there are so many fake submariners around that most people won't believe you are actually wearing a real one. And then there are people like my girlfriend who thinks that all dive watches look alike. ajb007/lol 'What do you mean you like that watch, you have one just like it?!?!' "No dear, this one is very different, you see this one is.... o never mind"

1. OHMSS   2. FRWL   3. OP   4. YOLT   5. TSWLM   6. TLD   7. GE   8. LALD   9. CR   10. LTK   11. DN   12. GF   13. SF   14. FYEO   15. TMWTGG   16. MR   17. TWINE   18. TB   19. AVTAK   20 TND   21. QoS   22 DAF   23. DAD

30

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Peppermill wrote:

I've had a lot more comments on my Seiko Orange Monster than on my Seamaster. I think the Seamster is pretty inconspicuous compared to other 'luxury' watches. And there are so many fake submariners around that most people won't believe you are actually wearing a real one. And then there are people like my girlfriend who thinks that all dive watches look alike. ajb007/lol 'What do you mean you like that watch, you have one just like it?!?!' "No dear, this one is very different, you see this one is.... o never mind"

Use that to your advantage mate - I do!!  My missus thinks about three of mine are the same watch!

It was the bracelet which attracted attention on my seamaster rather then the watch - the polished links etc which I guess can look a bit flash

Instagram - welshboy1978

31

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Why not put Bond in a Bremont watch, something like a Codebreaker or ALT1C.
Bond with a British watch driving a British car.
Also Bremont claims to have links with the armed forces.

32

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

I think a Bremont is a brilliant idea,I have recently been eyeballing a number of their watches. I tried a few on at the weekend, and I have a huge desire to stick one on a NATO like my Rolex...

33

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Let’s, for argument’s sake, say that EON decides to go back to Rolex for Bond 24. And let’s, again for argument’s sake, say that Rolex is not going to pay for the privilege to be in the movie. So EON is absolutely free to choose whichever Rolex watch they want. Which one should they choose? Should they go for a Submariner and if so, should they go for the new one or an older version, with or without date etc. Or maybe one of those fancy green ones ajb007/lol. Or would you rather prefer they use a ‘dressier’ watch like a datejust.

1. OHMSS   2. FRWL   3. OP   4. YOLT   5. TSWLM   6. TLD   7. GE   8. LALD   9. CR   10. LTK   11. DN   12. GF   13. SF   14. FYEO   15. TMWTGG   16. MR   17. TWINE   18. TB   19. AVTAK   20 TND   21. QoS   22 DAF   23. DAD

34

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Peppermill wrote:

Let’s, for argument’s sake, say that EON decides to go back to Rolex for Bond 24. And let’s, again for argument’s sake, say that Rolex is not going to pay for the privilege to be in the movie. So EON is absolutely free to choose whichever Rolex watch they want. Which one should they choose? Should they go for a Submariner and if so, should they go for the new one or an older version, with or without date etc. Or maybe one of those fancy green ones ajb007/lol. Or would you rather prefer they use a ‘dressier’ watch like a datejust.

The modern day version of the Submariner (no date) would be my choice!

Sadly though do EON really care whats on Bonds wrist?  I honestly think not as long as they get paid a shed load which of course Omega do and Rolex wont. 

Our only hope is DC demanding he wears one (he is a huge Rolex fan) however I imagine Omega contribute a mighty amount of cash to the overall film budget hence I doubt his view would count  ajb007/smile

Instagram - welshboy1978

35

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Maybe Seiko could make a bid.  ajb007/biggrin

36

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Fancy green one, on a Bond NATO and it'd look just like mine, so gets my vote  ajb007/lol

37

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Thunderpussy wrote:

Maybe Seiko could make a bid.  ajb007/biggrin

I absolutely love my Seiko dive watches but I don't think we will ever see them in a Bond movie again. It would make the life of collectors a lot easier/cheaper ajb007/lol

1. OHMSS   2. FRWL   3. OP   4. YOLT   5. TSWLM   6. TLD   7. GE   8. LALD   9. CR   10. LTK   11. DN   12. GF   13. SF   14. FYEO   15. TMWTGG   16. MR   17. TWINE   18. TB   19. AVTAK   20 TND   21. QoS   22 DAF   23. DAD

38

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

I'd love to see something a little less expensive for us non rich Bond fans.   ajb007/lol

39

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Vesper: "Rolex?"
Bond: "Timex!"

1. OHMSS   2. FRWL   3. OP   4. YOLT   5. TSWLM   6. TLD   7. GE   8. LALD   9. CR   10. LTK   11. DN   12. GF   13. SF   14. FYEO   15. TMWTGG   16. MR   17. TWINE   18. TB   19. AVTAK   20 TND   21. QoS   22 DAF   23. DAD

40

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

I was thinking more " military watch collection " first one only £3.99  ajb007/lol

41

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

I love the Seiko divers watch, sk007.

What makes you think this is my first time?

42

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Thunderpussy wrote:

I was thinking more " military watch collection " first one only £3.99  ajb007/lol

The first one is, however, only £1.99

Can't wait to buy the CWC RN Divers Watch edition, will be the best £3.99 I ever spend ajb007/lol

43

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

ajb007/lol  £1.99, even better.

44

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Mr Mallory wrote:

I love the Seiko divers watch, sk007.

Agreed! The SKX007 is an iconic watch with a very distinct style. I used to wear mine on a 20 mm 'Bond' NATO strap. However I switched back to the Z22 rubber strap.

1. OHMSS   2. FRWL   3. OP   4. YOLT   5. TSWLM   6. TLD   7. GE   8. LALD   9. CR   10. LTK   11. DN   12. GF   13. SF   14. FYEO   15. TMWTGG   16. MR   17. TWINE   18. TB   19. AVTAK   20 TND   21. QoS   22 DAF   23. DAD

45

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Thunderpussy wrote:

I'd love to see something a little less expensive for us non rich Bond fans.   ajb007/lol

Some spend their money for porn
And some spend their money for watches
And some spend it for both ajb007/smile

My favorite quote: Most of my money, I have spent on booze and hookers - the rest - I wasted  ajb007/biggrin

http://ms0.iol.it/img_newsreg/5/2/8/22061825.jpg
President of the 'Tim Dalton Misty-Eyed Fan Club'.
------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!-------
Don't you Higgy-Baby Me! The name is Higgins, Jonathan Quayle Higgins III !!

46

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

ajb007/lol  Ah good old George Best.  ajb007/martini

47

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Thunderpussy wrote:

I'd love to see something a little less expensive for us non rich Bond fans.   ajb007/lol

Or go completely the other way with an RW Smith ?

Even too expensive for Bondtots - and far too sophisticated  ajb007/wink  ajb007/tongue

Scouse not English
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

48

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

...and who brought RW Smith to your attention?  ajb007/shifty

That was me!

http://ms0.iol.it/img_newsreg/5/2/8/22061825.jpg
President of the 'Tim Dalton Misty-Eyed Fan Club'.
------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!-------
Don't you Higgy-Baby Me! The name is Higgins, Jonathan Quayle Higgins III !!

49

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Is it the same as W H Smiths   ajb007/tongue

50

Re: Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Bondtoys wrote:

...and who brought RW Smith to your attention?  ajb007/shifty

That was me!

You think ?  ajb007/lol

He was born in the same town as me with the same surname...that may have something to do with it  ajb007/wink  ajb007/tongue

Scouse not English
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96