Here comes James Bond!

StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
Very few people at work know I am a huge 007 fan. However, last week a colleague told me that as I walked into a meeting, someone said "look at him - here comes James Bond!!!" As I don't carry a PPK, it must have been based on my slim fit suit, grey tie and boots (Istanbul outfit) along with the way I walk, talk etc etc....

Any fans had similar experiences????

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Congratulations -{ , it must have been nice. :D
    Sadly it's never happened to me, The closest I've got was to be called " Arnie "
    a couple of times. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Arnie or Annie TP :D
    It's a hard knock life here at AJB. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I'm more likely to get, "Here comes Oddjob!" :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    I've heared I look more like Rowan Atkinson, so "Here comes Nigel Small-Fawcett!" is mre likely in my case. :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Very few people at work know I am a huge 007 fan. However, last week a colleague told me that as I walked into a meeting, someone said "look at him - here comes James Bond!!!" As I don't carry a PPK, it must have been based on my slim fit suit, grey tie and boots (Istanbul outfit) along with the way I walk, talk etc etc....

Any fans had similar experiences????

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Everyone at work knows I'm a huge Bond nut, so I get that all the time. Not because I look or act anything like Bond, but because it is so apparent that I'm a committed 007 fan as evidenced by all of the posters, books, and soundtrack CD cases scattered all over my workspace! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    {[] {[]
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've been compared to Blofeld. Just because you own several Secret Hideouts throughout the World, does not make you comparable to a Bond Villain 8-)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Once when I sidled up to the bar at a sun-drenched Mexican resort, the woman beside me said "You look just like Daniel Craig!" I would have been more chuffed if the exact quote hadn't actually been "You - hic - look - hic - jusssshhhht like - hic - Danell Cregg - hic" before promptly falling off her stool.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Thought I would reboot this topic, as I am at a conference today and am feeling very Bondesque.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Everyone at work knows I'm a huge Bond nut, so I get that all the time. Not because I look or act anything like Bond, but because it is so apparent that I'm a committed 007 fan as evidenced by all of the posters, books, and soundtrack CD cases scattered all over my workspace! :))
    In your case, word goes out: "Here comes Grumpey" :D :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    At my previous job I had a framed poster on OHMSS hanging behind my desk. That might have given something away. However, I don’t think a lot of people know at my current job. Not that I think it is something you should hide but being a Bond fan is less noticeable than having a hard-core Star Wars fan as a colleague. When I enter the room in a nice suit, wearing a Sunspel polo or Omega watch it will not scream !!BOND FAN!! to most people. However, when I enter that same room in a dark brown hooded robe wielding a glow-in-the-dark lightsaber with build-in sound effects.....
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    :)) unless you're going to go around dressed as a Bond villain ?
    You should look very fashionable in Bond's clothing ! :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Once I had a bird in my bed and was er.... showing her my affection, she moaned "Oh James".

Well, that's not my first name - so I was not really happy about the possible Bond connection :D :D :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I get that a lot, only they call me GOD !!! :))
    Higgins wrote:
    In your case, word goes out: "Here comes Grumpey" :D :D

Nah. More like, "Here he comes, and he just gets better and better with age!" :D
    Out of interest BL, how's the lighting in your offices ? :p ;) :))
    Out of interest BL, how's the lighting in your offices ? :p ;) :))

Natural light only. No pesky light bulbs!
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    He's still using Fire :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    He's still using Fire :))

To paraphrase Bond in Never Say Never Again: "Right... but I'm still in pretty good shape." :007)