Blofelds Description of Bond in YOLT

AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
There is a Scene near the End of YOLT (Novel) where Bond and Blofeld are in the same Room as each other. Blofeld describes Bond as 'A Blunt Instrument that is dispatched on some misbegotten Assignment. Living on Alcohol, Nicotine and Sex ' Do you think Blofeld had the Moral High Ground over Bond?
1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

Comments

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's a question of moral high ground so much as being pragmatic. Interestingly, this description fits Daniel Craig very well.
  • RevelatorRevelator Posts: 555MI6 Agent
    Blofeld believes that his crimes were actually public services--interfering with the west's nuclear arms hegemony, putting England out of its misery, and giving suicidal people a chance to off themselves. His interpretation is rather...debatable, but to a man who can interfere with the destinies of nations, Bond must genuinely seem like a puny tool of the establishment. But from Bond's perspective, Blofeld is a megalomaniac and an exceedingly cruel one. Whatever Bond's failings, he never machine-gunned a man's wife to death on his wedding day.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Revelator wrote:
    Blofeld believes that his crimes were actually public services--interfering with the west's nuclear arms hegemony, putting England out of its misery, and giving suicidal people a chance to off themselves. His interpretation is rather...debatable, but to a man who can interfere with the destinies of nations, Bond must genuinely seem like a puny tool of the establishment. But from Bond's perspective, Blofeld is a megalomaniac and an exceedingly cruel one. Whatever Bond's failings, he never machine-gunned a man's wife to death on his wedding day.

And that's why I have always seen Blofeld as an interesting Villain.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger