Matt Leblanc as 007?

AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
I have always thought that he would make a decent Bond, if he was a few Years younger, English and with a bit more success in Films

:))
1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,281Chief of Staff
    Why should he have to be English? Bond isn't! :))
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I know that Bond is half Scottish and half Swiss, but for an American like Leblanc to train his Voice to sound English would take a lot of Work :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    "How you doin?" :)) Joking aside though, will he suit Bond? Loads of people know him from Friends and for that catchphrase.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,022MI6 Agent
    Now that we're making casting Bond from actors with Friends pedigree; why not Mathew Perry? He would be perfect, he's all ready into the kind of substance abuse that would make Ian Fleming proud!!!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,788MI6 Agent
    If I was British, younger and a better actor I could be James Bond too! :))
    To be fair to myself, this was made as a Joke Thread :))
    To be fair to myself, I knew it was a joke thread when I posted.
    :)) :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    To be fair to myself, this was made as a Joke Thread :))

Whew! I'm so relieved! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Number24 wrote:
    To be fair to myself, I knew it was a joke thread when I posted.

... who am I kidding - I should be Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,554Chief of Staff
    I have always thought that he would make a decent Bond, if he was a few Years younger, English and with a bit more success in Films

:))

So if he was completely different he'd make a good Bond ? :s Yeah, I'll buy that :D
    YNWA 97
    I didn't think this Thread through enough :))
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Without going into much detail... I'm basically glad that this is a joke thread
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Damn, I was getting my hopes up, and people go and say it's only a joke. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Haha. Too much. When I see some of the names floated for Bond, I wonder if people are watching the same movies I am.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Bradly Cooper should be the next Bond. Right after he's done mucking up the next Indy movie. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    I remember him being in Charlie's Angels, that was about as close to the genre he got... :P He kind of had a Rowan Atkinson in NSNA kind of role in that one if i'm not mistaken.

Leblanc would make a pretty funny anti-hero type of secret agent like Johnny English though! :D
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    David Schwimmer could play the villain
    I must be dreaming
  • LegoBatman008LegoBatman008 USAPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    I always thought that Andrew Garfield's speaking voice is quite Bondian. ;)
    "Ahem, you know in the future if you're going to steal cars, don't dress like a car thief, man." - Spider-Man
  • JayCobb1045JayCobb1045 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Ok, so I know this thread was started as a joke thread, but there's something to this. Not necessarily to Matt Leblanc being the next Bond, but to the idea of someone like him being at least in the running. Another recent thread discussed the possibility of Bond returning to Moore era camp, and I think this will be the only way to make it happen - with a Bond who is cast specifically because he has a comedy background or at least the ability to have tongue firmly planted in cheek. And yes, that is a deliberate pun about Bond making out with lots of girls.

I don't know who a good candidate would be because I assume they'll want to go with a British actor, but I'd like to see a more fun loving playboy type in the future.
    Like that my Thread Idea has stirred some Debate :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Another recent thread discussed the possibility of Bond returning to Moore era camp, and I think this will be the only way to make it happen - with a Bond who is cast specifically because he has a comedy background or at least the ability to have tongue firmly planted in cheek

No, no, a thousand times no! :#
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    No, no, a thousand times no! :#
    Now I'm with ya 1000%.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Matt Le Blanc?

Maybe if Jeffrey Deaver couldn't get Ashton Kutcher for James Bond in the film version of CARTE BLANCHE.

-{
  • barracudabarracuda CataloniaPosts: 97MI6 Agent
    One word: NO!
    'Yes, dammit, I said "was". The bitch is dead now.'
    The James Bond Dossier | SPECTRE | Q-Branch James Bond Podcast
  • AirJordanFan93AirJordanFan93 Posts: 92MI6 Agent
    NO he sucks he was awful on friends and even worse on Joey.
    A Part of me regrets coming up with this Thread :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) ..... NO, it doesn't ;) :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."