The Great Gatsby (2013)

LegoBatman008LegoBatman008 USAPosts: 189MI6 Agent
What do you think of Baz Luhrmann's Great Gatsby film from last year? I like it. I enjoy pretty much everything about this film. I like Luhrmann's direction, I like Jay Gatsby and Nick Carraway just fine, Daisy Buchanan was beautiful and she didn't get on my nerves. I don't know how I should feel about Tom Buchanan though.

I mean the guy wasn't exactly a villian, he was just a man cheating on his wife, but he would never leave his wife for his mistress. And Jay Gatsby (while a likeable enough fellow) was trying to take Tom's wife away from him. That's why I don't know how I should feel about Tom Buchanan. He wasn't completely innocent but there was some semblance of loyalty within the man, at least towards his wife.

I guess the thing that bothers me is, I would like to see how Nick actually ended up in a Sanatorium, in the first place but I suppose that would've made the film's running time a bit too long. Oh well.
"Ahem, you know in the future if you're going to steal cars, don't dress like a car thief, man." - Spider-Man

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    No need for a separate thread for every film...add this into the existing Last Film Seen thread....thanks...

Having said that...the film was far better than I expected....
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.