For Special Services and A View To A Kill

AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
Currently reading through 'For Special Services' and I'm at the Elevator Scene where Bond and Ceder are trapped inside as it plummets to the Ground. This made me think back to 'A View To A Kill' with it's burning Lift Scene. Gardner was a good Writer and he continues the Legacy of Fleming quit competently, although I'm aware that the Quality of his Novels does decline after 'Role of Honor'
1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The fight at the rear of the Hercules in TLD is very similar to the end fight in "Licence Renewed" :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited April 2014
    Ah, EON's lifts from god old JG whose books they didn't think worth filming.

Other than the above:

1. The Ascot scene and drug-powered horse in AVTAK copies a very similar scene and plot device in LICENCE RENEWED.

2. The air ship in AVTAK again is "lifted" from ROLE OF HONOUR.

3. Ice Palace in DAD, Ice Palace in ICEBREAKER

And, of course, EON lifted the entire contents of JG's novelizations of LICENCE TO KILL and GOLDENEYE. ;) :))

There are probably more that don't immediately spring to mind but which will be listed on the Net somewhere

Great list here from John Cox: http://www.thebookbond.com/2011/11/deja-vu-mr-bond-surprising-similarities.html
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Just finished For Special Services and I must say that its a great Effort by Gardner. Still love the Twist at the End (Even though I knew this already) The Plot feels like a Brosnan Bond Film (The Character of Nena was later used a Basis for Electra in TWINE)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger