Chiwetel Ejiofor next Bond Villain?

Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
Don't think this is old news. Figured I'd share with the group.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/projectionist/movies/chiwetel-ejiofor-top-choice-for-next-bond-villain/

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Right now, it's all speculation. . .but he wouldn't be a bad pick.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    I should have supplied a few more words to my opening post but I didn't have much writing time when I put it on the board. I think it's great to see skilled actors getting roles as villains in Bond films. So many times, it's not the hero that makes the film enjoyable - it's the villain. Really Domenic Green was a bit of limp noodle.

On a side note: I've been seeing a few posts here and there that say a Bond movie with a true literary translation of "Live and Let Die" was a possibility. He would actually make a great Mr. Big as he's a fantastic actor. However, as much as I'd love to see one of my favorite Bond novels really put to film the way it was written by Fleming, it just wouldn't fly in this day and age. Also, I feel Craig's Bond is far too seasoned now to get hauled onto a boat and immediately throw up because he was so overcome with stress.

I guess I'll have to settle with Moore and Dalton's shark scenes to get my fill of "Live and Let Die" the novel transferred to the silver screen.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    My goodness that would make an amazing choice. Please let this happen!
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    Agree that he would make a great Mr Big or another villain in his own right. Finally a villain that I can imagine in a decent fist fight with Craig!
    Smiert Spionam
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You guys are so fickle. :)) I thought it was an understanding here at AJB
    that Idris Elba was to be the next villain. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I too, would like a full Adaptation of LALD. But some of the Scenes will go down like a Lead Balloon nowadays
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    Chiwetel Ejiofor would make a fantastic villan! He is an excellent actor and he can be physical treath to Craig's Bond. He plays a fine villan in Serenity. I wonder how it would work if they cast Lupita Nyong'o together with him? But I think most of what's left of Live and Let Die is hard to use in a movie today.
    Not to start an argument but, Why has it to be Live and Let Die ?
    Couldn't they play Any villain in any future film ?
    and why Do questions always sound better in threes ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Not to start an argument but, Why has it to be Live and Let Die ?
    Couldn't they play Any villain in any future film ?
    and why Do questions always sound better in threes ? :))

I was wondering the same thing?
    I completly agree. A black actor can play a great variety of stories and nationalities, and there is no reason to make him Mr Big.
    I know that there can be a Black Villain in any future Bond Film, but LALD is mainly known for its Black Villains. :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    He is very reminiscent in appearance with Kananga, but should the rumors be true, I don't think nor should they have him mimic a past villain. Chiwetel is a great actor in his own right and will surely make the role his own.
    edited April 2014
    According to MI6community.com EON is looking for a British and a Scandinavian to play Bond girls. I nominate Sofia Helin (Broen) or Synnøve Macody Lund (Headhunters).
    Synnøve Macody Lund would be fantastic, but she is six feet tall (the forum member who kicked the hornet's nest .... :)) )
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Synnøve Macody Lund would be fantastic, but she is six feet tall (the forum member who kicked the hornet's nest ... :)) )

Humphrey Bogart's solution to this situation:

bogartshoes1nt.jpg
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Ejiofor would be great for a villain . . . but they need to give him something to do.
    Danish Marie Bach Hansen (28) was considered to play Severine in Skyfall, they might go back to her.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1314550/

bxvcex3rttxijvbjqbkc.jpg

Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (32) is one of the leads in the Danish TV-series Borgen and looks a bit like Britt Ekland:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2171898/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

G659402_b.jpg

And here is Sofia Helin (42)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0375138/?ref_=nv_sr_5

83E61693A1E7EB4F126ABE0ACA15C.jpg

And Norwegian (and tall ..) Synnøve Macody Lund (38)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4033934/
    17_synnove-2.jpg

I'm sorry. I read a reasonably believable rumour about a Scandinavian Bond girl, and off I go :))
    http://www.contactmusic.com/article/chiwetel-ejiofor-james-bond-villain_4140734

Another story saying Chiwetel Ejiofor is being tipped as the next Bond villain.
    This just in! Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reports that two actresses have tested for a part in the next Bond movie:

Ida Engvoll (29) She is just 5' 4½" (1.64 m)) Good news for Dan :)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4206052/

ida-engvoll.jpg?9098e0

slide05.jpg

Disa Östrand (28)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2586790/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
    disa1.jpg

d7712806b99b50e32dbac3f55ca31c1d.jpg
    :)) Bloody hell Number 24, You just won't let this "Dan's height " thing go. :D
    It will eat you up in the end. ;)
    Craig has Feelings too :(
    It's partly that some people make it so tempting :)) , and partly that this is a real concern. I belive Synnøve Macody Lund would be an excelent Bond girl if it wasn't for the fact that she is five centimetres taller than Daniel Craig.

That being said, the main thing here is the fact that we now know EON are looking for a Scandinavian and a British Bond girl. We also know that at least two Swedish actresses have been tested. This is exciting news. My favourite among them so far is Ida Ingvoll, since I think she has the most striking looks.

Maria Bonnevie (41) should be concidered. She is incredibly beautiful, one of the most talented Scandinavian actresses of her generation and age apropriate for Craig. She is Norwegian/Swedish and speaks Swedish perfectly (it may look like the script wants a Swedish character)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0095013/

a71227f436731cc48ab9ca5aadad20d6.jpg
    Can you imagine Craig with Grace Jones? :s :s
    Actually it's less disturbing to think of her with Craig than with Moore ....

But frankly I'm a little bit puzzled by people's dissinterest in this screen testing news ?:)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    But frankly I'm a little bit puzzled by people's dissinterest in this screen testing news ?:)

Probably because its hearsay and its actors we haven't heard of...
    YNWA 97
    edited April 2014
    According to The Wrap: "The filmmakers will soon begin casting two key female roles, including a new Bond girl and a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond."

http://www.thewrap.com/chiwetel-ejiofor-eyed-play-villain-next-james-bond-movie-exclusive/

I'm guessing the Scandinavian girl will be the sacrificial lamb who gets killed and the British girl is the main Bond girl.
    Ida Engvoll commented about the screentest:
    "I can't say anything about it. Everything around that franchise is so secretive. But this screentest went fine considering the circumstances. You've only got one take to do it and thus the situation becomes special"

One also wonders if there will be any Scandinavian locations? It looks like they are focusing on Swedish actresses, so Sweden is the more likely. Swedish nature is comparatively average, but their cities are really good locations. Here is Stockholm:

stockholm.jpg

ImageVaultHandler.aspx
    Disa Östrand says about the screen test (my translation from Aftenbladet):

"One just has to take it for what it is. I get very nervous when it's such big things. I tried not to think to much about the chances, but just being there."

What would you feel if you got the role?

"I would go completely crazy, I would be super happy. it would be very cool."

I get the impression The Wrap was Aftonbladet's source for the story and they interviewed the actresses themselves.
    Here are some more photos.

Disa Östrand:

disa-ostrand.jpg?9098e0

197b7525597b49bce1f7e3ec7a5bbc12.jpg

bfdd7b63b137f0e9ae29628ecab210e6.jpg

Ida Engvoll

Ida_Engvoll.jpg

idag_engvoll-migageringen-maxnoje.jpg

300x300.jpg
    My God. why are Scandinavian Woman so beautiful? (My Girlfriend :)) )