U.S.A.F Lakenheath

always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
just come back from parents place up in Norfolk (England) and whilst sitting out side having afternoon tea , these 2 USAF
fighter planes decide to turn up and do their training, now before any of our U.S agents jump in and start defending their boys, im not complaining, far from it ,I have never heard so much noise in my life ,these 2 jets looked like birds in the sky ,they where that high up ,yet the noise was indescribable, the only contact with jets ive had is going on me hols,
ive never been to an air show either, this noise was un believable ,I said to my dad ,how do these guys fly on secret missions
you would hear them coming from 20 miles away ,it was great to see the real top guns in action ,cant wait to go back and see them again , :)
By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I live near Farnborough Airport, which during the Yearly Air Show gets very Noisy. Are you sure it was the Planes ? Or have you been huffing the old Lighter Fluid again? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    I remember standing on a mountain in northern Norway during my military service. Two American F18's were flying in the valley bellow me - it was quite a sight!
    I remember during my Military Service with the SAS when I escaped from a Colombian Prison Camp using my Bare Hands and Instincts. I don't like to talk about it much due to the Memories being too Painful ;(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I was lucky to catch a Red Arrows display, bloody amazing. -{ :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was lucky to catch a Red Arrows display, bloody amazing. -{ :))

as a matter of coincidence, there is a documentary about them on movies4men channel48 on freeveiw
    if you get that in your area Gerry, :)
    Yes I can, Although I only watch Movies for Real Men. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Yes I can, Although I only watch Movies for Real Men. :))

I never doubted it, :))
    TP really likes Black Swan :))
    I'm always in that danger zone. Where the dancer becomes the dance. :))
    And I do.like a nice tutu. ;)
    Good Taste Mate :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    There's something truly wonderful about being 'buzzed' by a high-performance jet when you feel the ground shake and it reverberate through your chest. There are very few things that exhibit that amount of sheer power and cutting-edge technology. Of course, it's not so much fun if it's during a war and you're on the receiving end, or of it happens over your house every night and you're trying to sleep...or you don't see it coming and have a heart attack!

As for the surprise factor, fighter jets are actually surprisingly stealthy and you rarely hear them coming until they're practically on top of you or even have passed you. You certainly know all about it at that point, but because they're going at least 500mph, there's not much you can do about it once they've past!
    Try living near Farnborough during the Airshow :))
    Try living near Farnborough during the Airshow :))

I'd love to! I'd been in the garden with a few dozen beers and a bowl of nuts! :D
    I live fifteen Minutes away from the Airport, right below there main Flight Path.
    I'll be there in time for breakfast.