1977 Roger Moore interview for TSWLM

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1NSPEcWlLZ4

It is claimed that Ian Fleming thought Roger Moore would be perfect for Bond. This is new to me - is it true?

Comments

• FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Gilbert also decided to fix what he felt the previous Roger Moore films were doing wrong, which was writing the Bond character too much the way Sean Connery played him, and instead portray Bond closer to the books – "very English, very smooth, good sense of humour".
    -wikipedia
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    He was one of the contenders from the start. Forgotten why he wasn't chosen, maybe he thought he was too young.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Was he too busy with the Saint around 62?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I forgot about that program. Like Pierce in the late 80s, he couldn't take the part because of his commitment to Remmington Steel. When the series was cancelled, it freed up time for him to take the role.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Ironically, Moore is older than Connery, but always younger looking. It may have been his youthful looks which prevented him from securing the role, but his tv commitments may also have been an issue.

These commitments twice prevented him from being Bond - The Saint in the early sixties, and then The Persuaders! at the start of the seventies.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Youthful looks can be a curse, Mine have held me back for years ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Youthful looks can be a curse, Mine have held me back for years ! :))

When Craig retires in a couple of movies, I feel certain they'll approach you for the role again, TP.... :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've come to accept this curse, I'm just a bit of eye candy. :))

Nice interview by the way Number 24, Sir Roger must be a joy for interviewers
    He always has a funny line, and is always ( like the Smiths song ) a charming man. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."