Dezer Collection Part 1: OHMSS DBS

Cheers All,
Visited The Dezer Collection in Miami last week. Dave Zaritsky had it right- you need many hours to comb through everything.
Sad that only about 3 people were in the entire museum, but we took our time, and saw nearly everything.
Cute surprise having Mr. Roarke's Jeep from "Fantasy Island." I used to watch that damn show hoping SOMEBODY from a Bond film would turn up. I remember seeing Joseph Wiseman on the Loveboat and he looked nothing like Dr. No...oh well, kids dream.

Notes on the DBS: I saw this car languishing at Longstratton Motors in the UK a few years ago.
The front bumper was missing, and the following items still have not been corrected:
1. Incorrect steering wheel. Looks to be a Moto Lita installed. Originals are very hard to get, however they can be done and restored, as that wheel just spoils the look of the interior.
2. Wrong colour. It is close, but a bad and hasty respray. Paint peeling from bad prep inside the engine compartment, and there are tape lines all over.
3. Wrong mirrors. True Vitaloni Sebrings are very hard to find, however, there are some repro metal ones available, at a reasonable price. It is such an obvious mistake, especially when there is a huge blowup photo of the car right next to it.
4. Incorrect tyres, should be Avons
5. Fittment of front grille isn't too good, can be straightened out w some work.
6. Car is dented and chipped, offside door is really sagging. A problem with all DB Astons, again, correctable with some work and an hinge pin upgrade from AM Heritage.
Car really needs some TLC and a sympathetic resto to really shine again.

Thought the presentation was tacky, with the bullet hole decal on the windscreen, and scotch taped flowers on the bonnet.

The museum itself has some really tacky displays, but, again, I own only 1 car, so who am I to judge?

More pics coming soon...
Last ones are those taken in the UK.
Look on my site, OHMSSDBS.com, and go to the section of FBH207G for more details.

Enjoy....
GG
P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comments

• Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Thank you for showing the pictures. The DBS and TLD V8 are my favourite Aston Martins, much better looking than the DB5 IMHO.

Regarding the DBS colour - can you give me a correct paint code? I didn't find anything close under Aston Martin colours in the PPG colour charts. And does the colour have a proper, fancy name (like "Silver Birch" or "Cumberland Grey"), or was it officially just called "olive" by Aston Martin?
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Thanks for sharing great photos and post
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    -{ Yes, I loved the photos.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,515Chief of Staff
    Cool pics, thanks -{
    YNWA 97
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    I have the ICI codes...the code card is actually in a display binder I keep with the car to show to concours judges. Visiting the car on Sat as I am beginning a large project of fixing an oil leak by removing the gearbox, which means front seats and console come out (!), and fitting Bolognese produced Weber carburettors.
    Will get back to you on Sunday, as I will be at the shop until midnight, and then every weekend for a month of Sundays.
    Whatever you do, if you buy an Aston, you will need time, money, and a wife who has a hobby!
    OK, ICI code is: Olive P031.TW.21900
    Correct name for the colour is: "Olive"
    I have heard the colour described by some Aston people as "Olive Green Metallic," however, that is Body Shop speak, and the correct nomenclature is simply "Olive." It has a lovely gold metallic hue to it, visible only in certain light. A wonderful colour.
    Missing on the OHMSS car in the Dezer collection. Paint job itself is horrid. Looks as if it was sprayed with little prep.

Don't know if you live in an area where the VOC police are in force, as, to my knowledge, you cannot get that colour in the water based formula. May be a job getting it in solvent based.
    I went through Spies Hecker UK, and imported to California the correct paint. Had Heritage confirm the colour before I plunked down the $1500 for just he basecoat. Takes a clear coat, usually 2-3 coats. SEALED the ally with the epoxy 2 part red oxide first. Look on our site for all the steps.
    Had to spray at the one shop left in San Francisco that could do solvent based paint. Got lucky by a month before all shops had to change over!!

Best of luck,
    Tom
    OHMSSDBS.com
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Thank you very much! Great information! -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    nice pix, but terrible shame on condition of the car ,why do people bother owning such a piece of film history
    only to let it turn into a pile of dog crap, better to sell it some one who will love it and care for it , :( :( :(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    edited April 2014
    Shaken> yes, I agree.
    Problem is that this car now would command some ridiculous selling price, and would cost $200,000 to restore. Astons are incredibly expensive to restore, and very time consuming.
    I lucked out by having a great friend who opened his shop to me, and I did most of the work myself, subcontracting things that I couldn't do. Took me 2 1/2 years to "complete" ...I say that because no DB era Aston is never complete!
    Cheers, Tom
  • pierrepierre Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello
    I'm from Belgium and I need some informations about the color ICI P031.TW.21900 "olive".
    I want to repaint my DB 6 in this Matching color and I'm looking after a color chart with this color ...
    can you help me ?

Many tha,ks and excuse me for my very bad English...
    Pierre
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Is this the collection bought from peter nelson who owned cars of the stars in Cumbria?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org