Help with tetbury buying

I'm finally ready to order a pair of Tetburys. I found them in my size on Barney's website. Has anyone ordered from Barney's before and if anyone has any extra intel it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I'm finally ready to order a pair of Tetburys. I found them in my size on Barney's website. Has anyone ordered from Barney's before and if anyone has any extra intel it would be much appreciated.

just a thought, why don't you order them from the C&J store on west 56th ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • sandman1935sandman1935 St.Augustine FLPosts: 80MI6 Agent

just a thought, why don't you order them from the C&J store on west 56th ,

I called them first and they didn't have any in stock. And Barney's does.
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    I have purchased both the Tetburys and Islays from Barney's with no problems. Both arrived well packed. The free shipping is great too.
    JB1962 wrote:
    I have purchased both the Tetburys and Islays from Barney's with no problems. Both arrived well packed. The free shipping is great too.

Are they true to size or do they fit a little big?
    I purchased both in my regular size and they fit well. At least if you don't like how they fit you, Barney's now has free return shipping.
    Yes that's true thank you
    Happy to help out.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I am finally ready to purchase a pair of Tetbury's.

Crockett and Jones in New York sell them for $650. A branch in England is selling them for 380 pounds which currently is $573. Ignoring the VAT issue, which would save me another 16.67%, anyone know why is there such a price difference? Any reason, I shouldn't order from am English branch?
  • UnbeatenAcornUnbeatenAcorn Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:

Crockett and Jones in New York sell them for $650. A branch in England is selling them for 380 pounds which currently is $573. Ignoring the VAT issue, which would save me another 16.67%, anyone know why is there such a price difference? Any reason, I shouldn't order from am English branch?

Having ordered C&J from both the US store in NYC, and from the Burlington Arcade store, I have no idea why the price difference exists. I had a great experience with both purchases; however, the only reason I'd recommend ordering from the US is if you're unsure of sizing, since returns might be more of a hassle and expense with international return shipping. If you're confident of the size/style you want, ordering from the UK is a great option. They shipped to me within 10 days, with tracking information provided. International shipping will cost ~$45 dollars (30 GBP), but still end up being cheaper than ordering from either Barney's or C&J NY.
    I went with ordering over the phone from the New York store and they were great with help and info. I would order from the New York store again. Hope that helped.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:

The difference I would guess is due to customs duty. That's actually not a very big difference compared to other English brands in the US vs UK. Turnbull & Asser's price difference is much greater, and I don't know why that is. Brooks Brothers used to have the best price for Crockett & Jones-made shoes, but over the past few years the price has gone up a few hundred dollars and is now the same as regular Crockett & Jones.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits