bond vinyl sound tracks

lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
Just thought I'd better add something in here as there's not much
Happening on the bond music front .
I've managed to get a nice copy of live and let die on vinyl yaaaaaaay

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Congratulations -{ it's a great soundtrack. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately the only soundtrack I have on vinyl (the original vinyl!) is Goldfinger. But if I can only have one, that's a great one to have.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I have the original Goldfinger too. I found it at a relative's place. I think they are or were re-releasing some of these. I remember that video at TheBondExperience that had all the record albums framed at a gallery.
    "Better late than never."
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    I've just started collecting all the soundtracks on Vinyl (not that I have a player) I'm correct that only Dr. No to Licence to Kill and Skyfall were released on Vinyl?
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Just got the man with the Golden Gun soundtrack and from russia with love on vinyl .....my collection is getting bigger :-)
    20140522_162710.jpg
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Very nice -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I love the artwork on the older albums, great stuff. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I started buying them in the 60's and have all of them up to FAVTAK. After Barry left, I did not have any interest in obtaining them. I have a few of the last soundtracks on CD, but outside the theme songs the rest don't hold up to Barry for me. I relish that the CD versions finally added missing tracks and even put them in order. I always hated having to listen to the vinyl tracks that were never in order and still do. Perhaps someday they will press new lp's that way, but I won't hold my breath.

I think there are some quality film composers out there, but for some reason most seem to fall just shy of the bar that men like Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Elmer Bernstein, Bernard Herrmann, Ennio Morricone, John Barry, James Horner, Maurice Jarre, Dimitri Tiomkin and Henry Mancini put in place.
    Just found you only live twice and thunderball soundtrack on vinyl and
    diamonds are forever is in the post.
    Congratulions -{ , I love having a Bond soundtrack playing
    When I'm working on the computer or something. :)
    -{ Shame that the Soundtracks have not been Re-Issued lately
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    20140529_144616.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Isn't that Thunderball illustration just the best? -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,187Chief of Staff
    Takes me back....
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    That 10th Anniversary Edition sleeve takes me back to the time when I was working for printing company that printed that sleeve, even still have the copy I took off the production line -{
    Other performers sleeves of note printed were: Elvis Presley, Rolling Stones, Moody Blues, David Bowie, Osibisa, Neil Diamond, Stylistics and many others
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    That 10th anniversary edition was the first album I ever had - in fact I still have it in my loft (attic :) ). I love that cover and the photos and posters reproduced inside, I used to look at it for hours. -{
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    That 10th anniversary edition was the first album I ever had - in fact I still have it in my loft (attic :) ). I love that cover and the photos and posters reproduced inside, I used to look at it for hours. -{

Thats where mine is and also the original cassette version I used to play in the car -{

Must go up and have a rummage
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    I have Goldfinger, Thunderball, DAF, YOLT & OHMSS originals on vinyl and like others think John Barry wrote great film music. Have some other stuff by him; Zulu & The Last Valley are class as is the Ipcress File.
    Yes people rummage and add photos please
    20140602_155533.jpg

and bit by bit the james bond on vinyl grows ;-)
    Great stuff! You have the best if the John Barry soundtracks there, except Goldfinger - which you should try next, it's terrific -{
    ive got all of them on cd but im just collecting the vinyl ....well playing it too .....it does sound good.
    I think some of the CDs have extra tracks that weren't on the original record.
    20140603_204658.jpg
    This is all my cds of bond soundtracks
    20140604_165800.jpg

Ok got it ...goldfinger on vinyl
    In good Condition too. Also, your Carpet could do with bit of a Hoover :))
    20140606_161325.jpg

Diamonds are forever has just got here ...german import but im happy sounds nice.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    20140606_161325.jpg

Diamonds are forever has just got here ...german import but im happy sounds nice.

No German dubbing on the record?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    No its same as the British album