Scenes from the novels you'd like to see in film (spoiler alert!)

JayCobb1045JayCobb1045 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
After being a long time fan of the films I decided to go back and read the novels for the first time. I fully realize that I'm setting myself up for novel spoilers with this thread, but I am not patient enough to wait to be done with all of them before coming forward.

I'm halfway through Moonraker right now and I love the whole introduction to Drax. The scenes at Blades, the notion of a powerful man cheating at cards, Bond's efforts to detect, then thwart the cheating, M being there the whole time as a cohort - I love it all and would love for that storyline to be worked into a film in the future. It wouldn't be Drax, of course, but any brash rich powerful person in real life/villain behind the scenes character would work.

What other scenes and elements from the novels would you like seen in future Bond films??

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've said this before, but I feel that Scorpius would make a good Adaption. That and Brokenclaw or No Deals Mr Bond.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    I've said this before, but I feel that Scorpius would make a good Adaption. That and Brokenclaw or No Deals Mr Bond.

Ain't gonna happen...you may see bits and pieces adapted...but no more...and I don't think any of those would transfer well to make a good Bond film....
    YNWA 97
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Would love to see the opening chapters of TMWTGG transferred to screen. Most of the book is below par but the first few chapters are Fleming at his best. Bond has been missing since the end of YOLT and returns after a year. MI6 put him through a security procedure to confirm he is Bond before he meets M where it is revealed he had been brainwashed to kill M. Probably couldn't do it with Bond in a movie given Bond having come back from the dead in SF but it would work well with another 00.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Some “bits” I’d like to see on screen, but as Sir Miles said some of these may not make the best use of the film medium. These are not in any special order:

(LALD/YOLT) A long, covert and underwater swim by Bond at night with either a simple scuba tank or snorkel.

(LALD) Bond giving a henchman a lethal kick in groin from behind, sending the man tumbling down a few flights of steps.

(TSWLM) An iconic entrance by Bond at the door, in the rainy night, looking as sinister and villainous as the gangsters in the room and even scaring the girl being held against her will.

(FYEO) Bond trekking with very low-tech gear through a forest for about a whole day, then raiding an estate by picking out the armed thugs from the woods with a hunting rifle.

(Risico) Bond, walking at first in a suit on a secluded beach, then picking it up as a couple of gunmen begin to pursue him. It then becomes a desperate sprint while Bond discards his jacket and tie until suddenly, one of his pursuers gets blown up by a mine.

(TLD) Bond, killing time until his mission, spends a day exploring the city he’s in, playing the tourist.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I loved Domino's monologue about the Player's cigarette packet in Thunderball and would love to see it worked into a film - though modern films have much more pared-down dialogue.

Would also be great to see, as Superado notes, a long lonely underwater swim by Bond and all a fight with home-made weapons which Bond puts together a the end of the novel.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    The breaking of the pinky scene from LALD.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Some “bits” I’d like to see on screen, but as Sir Miles said some of these may not make the best use of the film medium. These are not in any special order:

(LALD/YOLT) A long, covert and underwater swim by Bond at night with either a simple scuba tank or snorkel.

(LALD) Bond giving a henchman a lethal kick in groin from behind, sending the man tumbling down a few flights of steps.

(TSWLM) An iconic entrance by Bond at the door, in the rainy night, looking as sinister and villainous as the gangsters in the room and even scaring the girl being held against her will.

(FYEO) Bond trekking with very low-tech gear through a forest for about a whole day, then raiding an estate by picking out the armed thugs from the woods with a hunting rifle.

(Risico) Bond, walking at first in a suit on a secluded beach, then picking it up as a couple of gunmen begin to pursue him. It then becomes a desperate sprint while Bond discards his jacket and tie until suddenly, one of his pursuers gets blown up by a mine.

(TLD) Bond, killing time until his mission, spends a day exploring the city he’s in, playing the tourist.

Good suggestions. I would also like to see Bond's morning training regime (very apt after Skyfall), the conversation about food from CR and the garden of death from YOLT.
    There is a still a Treasure Trove worth of unused Material from the Fleming Novels -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    +1 -{ Plenty of Fleming left to plunder. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I want my Giant Squid Fight {:)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    With crispy seaweed and black bean sauce. :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I can only hope the CGI would be up to the fantastically high
    Standards of DAD ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Moonraker - Bond chasing villain on lorry, crashes car from falling debris intentionally released from lorry (does not have to be rolls of paper).
    Also, chalk cliffs explosion and avalanche raining down.

LALD - Underwater swim - limpet mine placement - getting bitten by barracuda.

DAF - Bond uses AA gun to shoot down villains.
    How about the Villains of Jack and Serrefino Spang?
  • lueth2048lueth2048 Posts: 120MI6 Agent
    The entire sequence of Bond in Dr Shatterhand's Garden of Death from You Only Live Twice.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:

That's definitely something I would like to see in a film. The Spy Who Loved Me novel is very much underrated (whereas the film is very much overrated). The rest of the second half of that novel - Bond effectively "rescuing" the girl, and the speech at the end about Bond being a professional killer, would make a brilliant PTS, in my view.

The other novel I'd like to see made into a film is Moonraker. I just can't pick one or two scenes from it - the entire novel was a thrill from start to finish. My favourite scene - that of the cliff face collapsing on Bond and Gala, and then returning to find that the dinner table was only set for three - is something that cannot be incorporated without telling the rest of the story. If there was one Bond film that could be remade, it's Moonraker: an accurate adaptation of the novel would make for one hell of a thriller.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    The Cannoball from DAF -{