Bond's next cellphone?

Daniel Wroughton CraigDaniel Wroughton Craig Her Eyes OnlyPosts: 15MI6 Agent
So since the Bond 24 is coming next year let's just talk about what phone will James Bond use on his next movie, My thoughts are Xperia Z4 or Z5, I don't know what do you think? The Xperia T Was an excellent cellphone.
Life is Bond...
James Bond

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Hi, Welcome Daniel Wroughton Craig -{
    I'd say Bond will have whatever the latest Sony
    Flagship phone is. :D , I just hope it's not one
    With a silly large or rather over large screen.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    O2 Mobile Budget Phone -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Daniel Wroughton CraigDaniel Wroughton Craig Her Eyes OnlyPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    Yeah the Bezels on the Z1 and Z2 Are very large, also it doesn't matter for Daniel Craig his hands are bigger than an elephant foot, the Xperia T With a 4.6 screen is looks really small on his hands.
    Life is Bond...
    James Bond
    Although I'd like to point out that sometimes 4.6 Inches can
    look very impressive. :# :)) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Now now TP :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I have a Xperia TX myself it's a rather good phones and for a 17 year old boy like me the Xperia TX fits well on my hands.
    Life is Bond...
    James Bond
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Although I'd like to point out that sometimes 4.6 Inches can
    look very impressive. :# :)) ;)

TP, come on now.... let's not go there!

I used to have a Sony Ericsson, and I loved that phone, but Sony have had a bit of a miss the past few years - I'm assuming you disagree... or have they just improved! :007)

We def need to see Craig's Bond with a smart phone.... and no doubt smarter than most :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Oh, I think as far as gadgets go. Bond's smartphone could have plenty of
    Useful apps. :))
    As far as screen size goes, I think around 4.5 inches I's perfect, as It's
    Big enough to watch videos etc, but still small enough to be a phone. :))
    The gadget show ( channel 5 UK TV ) did a test on some of the new
    Bablet phones, with 6 inch screens, and they were just too awkward to
    Hold and use, as a phone, great as a tablet, but not a phone ! :D
    I totally agree something like Sony Xperia Z Ultra is tablet more than a phone.
    Life is Bond...
    James Bond
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    I was thinking something more subtle, like a variation on the Google Glass. Tiny bluetooth earpiece that also is the mouthpiece.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    I still, think 007 would be better of with either an IPhone or HTC, but I have sung that song before. 8-)

The only thing the Sony's have going for them I can see the new waterproof feature.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I really like Sony they're phones look really premium and are very well built. HTC is good too. About iPhone I Don't like iPhone.
    Life is Bond...
    James Bond
    I do like the look of the Sony Xperia phones.
    With O2? :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Nah...Sony mobiles are rank...they are years behind other mobiles...
    YNWA 97
    I'm convinced Bond would have an i-phone. :D but Sony
    Have the gig. :))
    I'm convinced Bond would have an i-phone. :D but Sony
    Have the gig. :))

Same here.
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    The current XPERIA's are not half bad actually. The XPERIA T used by Bond in Skyfall would definitely not be the first choice of a secret agent, but the current Z2 flagship gets a lot of great reviews. By the time it was released to the market it was compared to the HTC One M8, I also saw some opinions saying that these two are currently the best smartphones out there.

Anyway - for sure Bond wouldn't use an iPhone, firstly because Ethan Hunt is using one already (DANG!), secondly and most importantly - iOS is simply too stupid. It's a piece of nice hardware but Android cell phones are far more customizable, which would make it a lot easier for a government agency like MI6 to suit their needs. So I would say that he would go for a solid Android based phone with shatter proof glass. made of steel and maybe waterproof. Something like the HTC M8 or the Z2 makes a perfect choice.

As for Bond 24 it will be probably a flagship, but I think they will drop the Z label by then, otherwise it would be called Z5. I'm just wondering if they will go with a standard version which is pretty huge or the compact one, like the Z1 Compact, which is really nice actually!
    Just watching Watchdog ( bbc1 ) seems there is a fault with the screens
    On the Sony xperia z1, they crack for no reason. Glad I bought a cheap
    Smartphone. :))
    Just watching Watchdog ( bbc1 ) seems there is a fault with the screens
    On the Sony xperia z1, they crack for no reason. Glad I bought a cheap
    Smartphone. :))

You beat me to it TP... :D

Oh dear! :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Holy talking mushrooms, that's something. I was thinking about buying the Z1 compact but now I will definitely postpone that!

SONY is undergoing a massive drop of quality, my new VAIO had a factory deffect (very weak glue in some parts) but they sold this brand already. Seems the XPERIA's are not that good also after all :/ Where are the times when VAIO was a brand only for the chosen ones and Bond's SE k800i was considered by magazines the best phone in the world :<
    MrZareba wrote:
    Holy talking mushrooms, that's something. I was thinking about buying the Z1 compact but now I will definitely postpone that!

SONY is undergoing a massive drop of quality, my new VAIO had a factory deffect (very weak glue in some parts) but they sold this brand already. Seems the XPERIA's are not that good also after all :/ Where are the times when VAIO was a brand only for the chosen ones and Bond's SE k800i was considered by magazines the best phone in the world :<

I think it had a lot to do with Ericsson :))

Like I've said, I LOVED my Sony Ericsson k800i, but I wouldn't touch a Sony phone now....even if you gave me one!

Never much rated their laptops either...

Their walkmans on the other hand.... Leaders in the field!
    It would seem many Japanese companies are letting their standards
    slip. I've lost count of the amount of recalls Toyota has had over the
    Last couple of years, as they were once considered " the working man's
    Mercedes ". :D
    I was toying with getting a Sony tablet, as they seemed really well built.
    Now I think I'll hold off, for a while.
    Come on, why does the screen has to crack on it's own? My friends and including me have Sony phones we don't have that problem yet. and this is the first time I'm hearing that they are cracking on it's own.
    Life is Bond...
    James Bond
    http://home.bt.com/techgadgets/technews/would-you-buy-a-6000-phone-11363907983573
    Something like this perhaps ?........
    Vertu spares no expense with its range of luxury mobiles.

And the company has come up trumps again with the release of the Signature Touch.

The 4.7in-high definition screen is protected by a 5th generation, 118 carat piece of solid sapphire crystal.

So it certainly looks the part, and Vertu believes it can stand up to the tests of a modern-day smartphone.

The Signature Touch is out in stores this month, but you might have to dig deep to buy one.

It's retailing at £6,750.
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    Got to be be HTC One M7 http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m7/ RAM : 2 GB DDR2, Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz processor, Total storage : 32GB/64GB, available capacity varies and 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI. being lightweight aluminium Q could add some alteration to it allowing for weight like a kevlar skin so that if the mobile was in the brest pocket it could divert a bullet.
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
    Got to be be HTC One M7

No way...IF they went down the HTC route then they would use the new M8 - not a phone that's over a year old....
    YNWA 97
    Why would they even go with HTC, the camera ain't good.
    Life is Bond...
    James Bond
    Why would they even go with HTC, the camera ain't good.

It's about the phone and the camera is good enough...
    YNWA 97