Father's day and Bond ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
With Fathers day coming up , I was wondering if some AJBers had any
Stories ( past or present ) on watching Bond with their Dads ?

I can remember one Christmas, with the choice of movies on BBC and ITV
Of DAF and The sound of music. When it came to the vote both me and Dad
Out voted Mum, to make sure we had a traditional Bond Christmas. :))
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Remember seeing LALD and Octopussy in the cinema with my old man. LALD must have been a re-run not the original showing (im not that old) but Octopussy would prob have been the actual release.

As for the rest of them I def would have watched them all with my old man on TV when I was young (Xmas etc) but only as far the Moore stage.

Christ - my mum was the sound of music fan, god knows how many times I saw that when I was a nipper, horrendous stuff lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) I've managed to never see The Sound Of Music, well not all of it, anyway ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) I've managed to never see The Sound Of Music, well not all of it, anyway ! :D

Due to an older sister I was subjected to unthinkable stuff like Grease, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Flashdance! Bloody hell my childhood was rough, good job social services were not about I would have been taken away!
    :)) I'm at the going through hell stage now, with a wife
    and two teenage daughters the amount of " chick flick "
    Movies I have to endure, is terrible. :#
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I remember me and the Old Man sitting down to watch TLD one Sunday Afternoon -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I do remember. As a teen pulling a " sickie " to watch LALD ( just the same as pulling
    One to watch football ) to which I always remember my Mum's quote.
    " I don't know why your're doing this. If you've seen one, you've seen them all " :))
  • JuraquagmireJuraquagmire CanadaPosts: 49MI6 Agent
    When I was 6, dad and I watch 'The Spy Who Loved Me'(which is my first Bond ever).
    Dalton is the Bond! Lazenby is the other fella.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Actually I have a very recent one. . .my father came out to visit me for my birthday in November 2012. He arrived the day before Skyfall opened, and the next day I treated him to it. We both enjoyed the film and the time we spent together.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    A Happy Father's day to all the Dads on AJB -{ Today as a treat, I'm rewatching all the Craig
    Bond films. :D
    Today as a treat, I'm rewatching all the Craig
    Bond films. :D

I can hear the groans in your household already "not again" :)
    :)) oh, I'm in the kitchen ;) they're in the living room.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    :)) oh, I'm in the kitchen ;) they're in the living room.

Well at least someone in the family has good taste! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) Yes, unknown to them, I have full access to the chocolate biscuts. ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    :)) Yes, unknown to them, I have full access to the chocolate biscuts. ;)

Yes, the kitchen is a very good strategic choice to watch Bond films if you get hungry. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    I saw Skyfall with dad this spring. He was a "refugee" because my mom was hosting a meeting of the local knitting group :))
    It might have been the first Bond movie he ever saw to the end, but still his only comment was "Isn't M supposed to be in all these movies?" Just shows how much Bond is a part of our culture, even for those who aren't even casual viewers. :007)
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    I remember Dad taking us to see TB when it came out - so excited as we had seats in the circle and the screen looked massive especially to me as a 9 year old. There was such a lot of hype about TB it was definitely the biggest release that I can remember in Bond history and I got the Bond vs Largo board game for Christmas and collected the bubblegum trading card set both of which I still have.

I took my dad to see CR when he was in his 80's and he said to me life has turned full circle now you're taking ME to see JB - bless you Dad for the memories.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Never watched Bond in the cinema with my late father, but at home. A Bond film was an event ! :D
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Never watched Bond in the cinema with my late father, but at home. A Bond film was an event ! :D

Yes - watched all the older Bonds on TV with my dad, usually on Sunday nights on ABC, then of course on VHS and disc as times changed. The last one he was alive for was QoS. He wasn't much of a Craig fan.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM