Penny Dreadful

Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
With all it's Bond connections and legendary characters I wondered if anyone has been watching.

It's already been renewed for a second, longer series.

I've seen a couple of episodes so far and thought Eva Green has been sensational in it.

Anyone seen it?

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    It's on HBO (or Showtime?) in America, and, alas, I don't have that channel. Looks good, though!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    I've got it on series record as I prefer to watch a few episodes at once...and anything with Eva Green in it is worth watching :x
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Apart from the fact it has Timothy Dalton in it (that's just a bonus) this is right up my street.

Love a bit of Victorian ghosts and ghouls.

The acting has been great especially by Eva and Harry Treadaway. It's clever how it's all meshing together.

It's a shame it's on Sky Atlantic as it will have a limited amount of viewers. Hopefully will be on Netflix so it can reach a wider audiance.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I must give it a go as I have NowTV and sky Atlantic is one of the channels, I think they also have
    a catch up service. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Just watched episode 3 on catch up and it's great, I'll be watching the series.
    ( to add to the list of Bond actors R Kinnear is in it too ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Just watched episode 3 on catch up and it's great, I'll be watching the series.
    ( to add to the list of Bond actors R Kinnear is in it too ) :))

Try and watch from the beginning. There is a seance scene in Ep 2 that was great. :o
    I got the highlights at the start of it, It did look good. -{
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    only watching it because of Eva who steals the show.
    I got to see Billie Piper's arse ! So I'm happy :))
    Between Eva and Billie there should be enough to keep you boys happy. :007)
    I'd love to be between Eva and Billie. :))
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    Thunderpussy if you fell in barrell of tit's you would come up sucking your thumb lol!. Behave!
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
    " That's just because You know what I can do with my little,.......... Thumb !" :)) :p
    Little interview here TD gives to The Wrap about Penny Dreadful ... There's also the obligatory Bond mention. :007) -{

http://www.thewrap.com/timothy-dalton-interviews-us-about-penny-dreadful/

It nice that someone asks him directly what's his correct age .... What's not so nice is TD's answer makes it even more confusing. :))

Also, anyone Stateside who wants to see the opening episode can watch it for free on Showtimes website.
    " TD's answer makes it even more confusing " Well that's old age for you ! :)) ;)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I can imagine Moore's Reaction that :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Watched a bit of a behind the scenes doc on it today and only
    Realised that as well as written by J Logan, Sam Mendes is a
    Producer. So simply loads of Bond connection to this show. -{
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    I can't wait for Penny Dreadful to be available on DVD. I want to see the series and I don't get Showtime.
    Just watched all three episodes back to back, and it's fantastic. As Lady Rose
    Pointed out the seance episode is brilliant. -{ can't wait for the next one.
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    I was really excited about this because of the time period its set in, the cast, the abundance of talented people involved in the production and the teaser trailers I'd seen but having watched the first three episodes I thought it was actually a bit boring to be honest. Unfortunately, I've not found a TV series I've loved since The Wire finished.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    I noticed in the first episode that there is a scene where Eva Green sitting
    across from Josh Hartnett, "reads" him just as she did as Vesper with Bond
    in CR. :D
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    Oh yes, you're bang on there. Terrible, I never connected that...
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Eva is stealing the show IMO. Fantastic acting.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Agreed -{ , she's giving a fantastic performance. :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Eva could read the phone book and I'd be a happy boy :x
    YNWA 97
    :)) Have you head the language she comes out with in the Seance episode. ;%
    Shocking, positively Shocking ! :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Have seen her 'Sin City' poster, it has been banned ;%
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    I've seen a few posters, so don't know if I've seen the banned one. :))
    Although they all looked very nice, ................ to me at least. :D
    Saw the penultimate episode this afternoon .

I have loved this show. The actors have all been sensational IMO.

The one I'm really enjoying is Victor Frankenstein. Harry Treadaway is proving to be a fabulous actor.

Don't think we'll get all the answers by the end of this series. I believe they're just laying a lot of groundwork.
    It has been a brilliant series and I'm sure the crumbs are being
    Placed out for series two. :D