Tom Ford - Marko Sunglasses - End of production

I just bought a pair thought I would share the info that production is ceasing so pretty much any stock left in stores is all that is left.
You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.

Comments

• JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    I don't mean this in anyway as an attack on you, but can you provide a source for this?
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    No worroea London store mate I wanted the lens colour from skyfall known as Black even though they are midnight blue like the tuxedo. I was told that I would need to wait a week until they got stock in from another store as the production in Italy has now ceased. Informed all designs end a production after 36 months. I managed to get a pair from rehotsunglasses uk last week found an evoucher online got them for £150 some of the qos models are now going for £500 on ebay since production ended.
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Tons of these on eBay. Dont think they will end up as sought after as the TF108s
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    How can you possibly tell until they are longer in production. The 108's were produced in the qauntity and are hard to come by. If anything the Marko will be more sought after when the same time has passed as Skyfall. I think due the iconic scenes invloving the Marko they will in much more of a demand to future collectors. You
    How can you possibly tell until they are longer in production. The 108's were produced in the qauntity and are hard to come by. If anything the Marko will be more sought after when the same time has passed as Skyfall. I think due the iconic scenes invloving the Marko they will in much more of a demand to future collectors. You

PS there are fakes on the go from a replica site online in the US I wouldnt trust ebay.

Because they have been around before Skyfall and were not made specifically for the film.
    I've seen them in so many shops (physical / online) and airports it's unreal since TF has become more established as a brand since QoS. I would bet they have been produced in crazy numbers compared to the TF108s. Just my opinion that's all (I own both and prefer the Markos)
    No worroea London store mate I wanted the lens colour from skyfall known as Black even though they are midnight blue like the tuxedo. I was told that I would need to wait a week until they got stock in from another store as the production in Italy has now ceased. Informed all designs end a production after 36 months. I managed to get a pair from rehotsunglasses uk last week found an evoucher online got them for £150 some of the qos models are now going for £500 on ebay since production ended.

Ah okay, makes sense. Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to pick these up for some time now so I might just have to pull the trigger.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Here's a slightly off topic question for those who own the TF144 (and the QOS models) --are the lenses polarized or not? Online research has turned up conflicting information.
  • UnbeatenAcornUnbeatenAcorn Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Here's a slightly off topic question for those who own the TF144 (and the QOS models) --are the lenses polarized or not? Online research has turned up conflicting information.

I can't speak for the QOS ones, but the TF144 comes in both polarized and unpolarized variants depending on the color. The skyfall SA one isn't polarized however. I think one of the grey lense colors is polarized, but the SA blue ones are certainly not.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

I can't speak for the QOS ones, but the TF144 comes in both polarized and unpolarized variants depending on the color. The skyfall SA one isn't polarized however. I think one of the grey lense colors is polarized, but the SA blue ones are certainly not.

Thanks, UnbeatenAcorn.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Are these the SA ones? http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Ford-Aviator-Sunglasses-Category/dp/B00372ERM0

The Lens' look much lighter in the picture obviously than they do in the film.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    Are these the SA ones? http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Ford-Aviator-Sunglasses-Category/dp/B00372ERM0

Yes. Those are the correct Skyfall Markos
  • UnbeatenAcornUnbeatenAcorn Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

The TF144 is the frame and 18V is the correct lens variant, so these are SA.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I would say that ending the production of the Markos is unlikely basing on the fact that they're still on Tom Ford's website:

http://www.tomford.com/men/sunglasses/
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Hi, cant agree until there is no outstanding stock left why would you remove them from the website. All TF sunglassess are a limited run the production has now ended its only stock left my GF works as a buyer for House of Frasers an official stockist they have been told the same official line from Tom Ford. Cheers for heads up got mine :D
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Well, then how is it possible that the William model is still on the website if it's in production since 2009 if I'm correct? Markos are only like 2-3 years on the market and they would be already gone? I still don't buy it. Especially that I would like to own a pair, is it possible to get them for around 200$?
    Hi mate, William are TF207 and not TF108 the TF207 were the replacement model of the TF108 style. $200 will be a push you could get them for the £ equivelant in the UK but the issue is they are manufactured in Italy and distrubuted from Europe so that cost is added on to the consumer. Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Ford-Aviator-Sunglasses-Category/dp/B00372ERM0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/189-5703714-6777400 $194.94 plus free shipping is about the best deal you will get. :007)
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    20140413_165256_zps4d764809.jpg

Here are my TF207 William in 17V (Left) and my TF108 in 19V (right) side by side for comparison. As you can see there's not much in it. Besides the obvious difference in the nose-bridge design & the material of the temple tips, I find the TF207 to be slight wider, and has a bit more curve and dip in the lens shape compared to the TF108.
    Top be honest the Marko are very similar again really only the addition of a nose bridge it the major difference. They are all very similar in design. Nice glasses congrats bro!
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Thanks mate! I actually recommended the Marko to a lady friend of mine when she was looking for a pair of aviators. She absolutely adores them! The Marko it surprisingly different to the Tf108/William style actually. When I get a chance I'll line all three up side by side and do a comparison with photos.

Oh and since I've got the William (Which fits me much better) I'll be letting go of the TF108 soon. Been meaning to put it up on ebay for a while now, just haven't had time to take some proper photos.
    The TF108 wear a lot smaller compared to the William and Markos (hence why I rarely wear mine)
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    The 108's look better on my pin head!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    Polynikes wrote:
    The 108's look better on my pin head!

Ha - ive a fat head!
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Hey guys , i bought both the TF 108 and Marco's - the funny thing was when i purchased the marcos , i was able to chose from 2 , both were Marco 144 and both lenses were 18v but the lenses were slightly different, one was a wee bit darker than the other... would anyone know why? i mean does each lens differ slightly and cannot be identical?

Here are a pic of my TF glasses do they look SA to you guys?
    for the marco owners do you get the same when you use them, when they hit the sun people can actually see your eyes through the glasses, but when you use them in room they turn very dark and u cant see your eyes from outside
    (sorry for the english) hope you guys know what im trying to say hgehe

Capture11.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    I finally pulled the trigger on these. Anyone have any news on whether or not they are going out of production? The consensus here seems to be mixed.

That said, a lot of the ebay listings are saying they have limited stock left, and there are minor sales to be had so I'd recommend anyone sitting on the fence to go after them.
    Yip! production has ended, its only what stock is out there thats left. Autum/Winter new range has taken over. I reckon we will see Danny boy wearing a new model of TF again in Bond 24 and we will all want those as well :D