Next Bond actor: Jeremy Renner?

Benjamin lestradeBenjamin lestrade Posts: 1MI6 Agent
edited June 2014 in The James Bond Films
What u guys think?

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    No. Too American, too associated with other series (Avengers, Bourne), and with all the people screaming that Daniel Craig is "BourneBond" the last thing we need is "SubstituteBourneBond."
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    100% no.
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Definitely not.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    You must be joking :o
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    To quote the late Noel Coward on being offered that role: "No, no, no!"
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No thanks ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    More chance of Roger Moore returning
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    No way!. Bad idea he did a Bourne movie. I dont think you want that association. For me its Michael Fassbender http://www.freewidewallpapers.com/michael-fassbender/ Tom Hardy has also been alleged to have done a deal already which means barring him from wearing certain clothes and taking on certain types of film before he takes over. I think that all bull! but although I think he is a great actor hes not bond for me. I dont like this discussion when it comes up. Daniel is fantastic and is Bond hes signed up for 2 more so far which will likely take him up to 2016. He may do more who knows, but it is is far too early to throw names out there. Other actors of now that are suitable may then be too old when the time comes and new suitable actors will break through between now and then.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    What kind of first post is this?!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    No way!. Bad idea he did a Bourne movie. I dont think you want that association. For me its Michael Fassbender http://www.freewidewallpapers.com/michael-fassbender/ Tom Hardy has also been alleged to have done a deal already which means barring him from wearing certain clothes and taking on certain types of film before he takes over. I think that all bull! but although I think he is a great actor hes not bond for me. I dont like this discussion when it comes up. Daniel is fantastic and is Bond hes signed up for 2 more so far which will likely take him up to 2016. He may do more who knows, but it is is far too early to throw names out there. Other actors of now that are suitable may then be too old when the time comes and new suitable actors will break through between now and then.

Fassbender is the obvious choice and I do like his films however is it just me or is he already starting to look quite old?? I mean he is approx 10 years younger then DC!!! Maybe its just the way he appears in some of his films (I'm simply bearing in mind DC is likely to do Bond 25 hence I guess there is still quite a while to go yet)
    I agree I was all for Fassbender for Bond, but his time has passed. Love to see him as a Villain though ! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    While I look forward to Craig doing two or three more Bonds, I can't help speculating who will be the next Bond. So far I know of four good candidates: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Rupert Friend, Barry Sloane and Clive Standen. I agree with an earlier post that Fassbender was perfect, but now he's too famous now. Aaron Taylor-Johnson may be fast on his way to becoming too famous, but so far he is a great canididate.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    Thunderturd too! :s

I like Mr Renners work with thr Avengers and he is funny and cool in Hansel and Gretel. However he is not a future Bond. He could be Mr Craigs American cousin in looks alone!

I agree with those who say leave the speculating alone. Mr Craig IS Bond! -{
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    There is absolutely nothing about Jeremy Renner that says "Bond". So no.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    To be honest he's one of those actors , who even when I'm watching
    the film, I forget he's in it.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    who ? 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    He was bad in the Bourne movie, not British NOOOOOO
    Renner is a good actor (The Hurt Locker, American Hustle) who handles action well, but everything else works against him as James Bond.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:

ah that's why, strange as it may seem, ive never seen any of the Bourne films,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:

ah that's why, strange as it may seem, ive never seen any of the Bourne films,

The Damon ones are enjoyable, the Renner one I didn't even finish watching - it was actually that bad in my opinion.
    I too think they're good but they do seem to me, the same film
    Made three times, haven't watched the Renner film.
    Didn't mind the Renner thing because at least they changed the story etc and he was a totally diff experiment etc They could have easily cashed in and had him playing Bourne or rebooting the whole thing. Not as good as the original trilogy though

Dont mind Renner but he is far from Bond
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent

I think Fassbender is too old now, let alone in four to six year's time when Craig has done two more.

I'm still hoping for Cavill to take the reins. Hardy might be a half decent actor, but he's a little vertically challenged.

One out of left field: Nicholas Hoult? I wonder what he'll look like in five years' time when he turns 30.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    Nicholas Hoult isn't a half bad candidate.

Tom Hardy is a good actor but I don't want him to be Bond. He has the same drawbacks as Craig did, but only more. He also has one of the same advantages as Craig had: I'll bet he's Barbara Broccoli's favourite candidate to play Bond next beccause I think he's her type.
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    I think Renner is a good actor but not at all suited to Bond. Almost all his noteworthy roles have seemed to me to be archetypal Americans. I'm not at all against an American actor playing Bond, but I don't consider Renner a good candidate.

I still think Christian Bale would be a great Bond, given his ability to play starkly contrasting roles and the immense physical commitment he has brought to a variety of roles.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    Yeah I think Bale back in the day would have been a great Bond.

Sadly nowadays I only vision him as Batman instead of Patrick Bateman :D
    To have Batman as Bond would be so Freak'n Cool ! {[]
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    No
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Bale is not a good fit. Plus he has a bad rep after his behaviour on terminator salvatiom. Too old now but I like Christopher Ecclestone was one missed. A fine actor and I think he would have been good. But again DC has put a lot of input to the reboot I want him to keep going for as long as he wants to.
    To be honest most of the actors mentioned in my opinion are now too
    Old :)) ( and I've gone off Henry Cavill ). So I'm guessing the Future Bond
    ( when DC has had enough ) we haven't really heard of yet. :)) When they
    Were announced I'd never heard of T Dalton or D Craig. :))