Your top ten spy tv shows

Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
Just to complement the Top Ten Spy Films, what are your top ten tv shows?

I'm excluding shows about playboy adventurers (The Saint, The Persuaders, The Adventurer, The Baron, The Protectors etc) as they're not secret agents as such... But everything else is fair game. :) For me, they are:

10. Get Smart
9. The Champions
8. A Man Called Sloane
7. The Avengers
6. I Spy
5. Mission: Impossible
4. Alias
3. Danger Man
2. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
1. The Prisoner (I know that's stretching it a bit but hey...)
"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Don't know if I can put these in order but my favourite would
    Definitely be, ....
    1, Spooks
    2, The six million dollar man
    3, The Avengers
    4, Mission Impossible
    5, Search Control. ( probe in USA )
    6, The piglet files
    7, Department S
    8, The Champions
    9, The man from uncle
    10, a man called Sloane
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    in no order of favouritism
    (1) man from uncle
    (2) Charley Farley @Piggy Malone (the 2 Ronnies) :))
    (3)Knight Rider
    (4)Callan with Edward Woodward ,was it a spy show ?
    (5)spooks
    (6)mission impossible
    (7)special branch, with George Sewell and Patrick Mower ,well they are sort of spooks :D
    (8)The proffesionals with Bodie and Doyle
    (9)the invaders (he worked for the Govt I think
    (10) the Avengers
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    Why on earth hasn't anyone mentrioned "Homeland" and "Thinker, tailor, soldier, spy" yet?
    I also wonder if anyone has followed the new series "The Americans". Is it as good as they say?
    I haven't seen "Americans or Homeland " and found TTSS really boring. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I can tell you Homeland is very good. I have been a fan of Claire Danes for years, she is a very good actress, and the plot is exellent. I haven't seen The Americans yet, but I consider watching it on DVD. I think the movie version of TTSS is better than the series, but the series is a classic. Yes, it was a bit boring at times ... :#
    I have to admit the few "real life " type spy shows are very slow moving. Probably
    In the same way most real police work would be boring to watch, but the "fantasy"
    Spy and Police dramas are fantastic. I remember in an interview for Spooks. A
    Producer pointed out he'd been told most MI5 work is sitting in cars and vans
    Watching suspects. Which wouldn't make a great TV show. :))
    Forgot to add " The New Avengers " to my list. :)) loved that show. Always thought
    They could have revived it with a character who was the son of Purdey and Gambit. :))
    I have to admit the few "real life " type spy shows are very slow moving. Probably
    In the same way most real police work would be boring to watch, but the "fantasy"
    Spy and Police dramas are fantastic. I remember in an interview for Spooks. A
    Producer pointed out he'd been told most MI5 work is sitting in cars and vans
    Watching suspects. Which wouldn't make a great TV show. :))

Your right there TP most obs work (observation duties) means sitting very still and quiet in a building ,bush, van ,
    for hours on end ,I once was put into a dental surgery that overlooked a bank ,the dentist was very co-operative :)
    so theres me with sarnies ,flask ,radio ,binoculars ect ect finding me way around this building in the dark ,
    obviously cant use the lights or torches, or pull the chain in the loo :)) any way when I gets comfortable and settle down with me coffee and sarnies as my eyes became accustom to the dark ,im sitting in the room where all the false teeth are made, so im sitting there being grinned at by 200 pairs of choppers ,its not all car chases and kicking in doors :)) :))
    :)) :)) Choppers for Coppers. :D
    As far as Spooks goes, they also said, if orders were given for an assassination
    ( not that that ever happens ) MI5, don't do it, it's handed over to the army. Still
    It's not meant to be factual, rather to be entertaining for an hour. :)) Although
    After the show was first shown, they had a massive increase in people looking
    To join MI5. :D
    :)) :)) Choppers for Coppers. :D
    As far as Spooks goes, they also said, if orders were given for an assassination
    ( not that that ever happens ) MI5, don't do it, it's handed over to the army. Still
    It's not meant to be factual, rather to be entertaining for an hour. :)) Although
    After the show was first shown, they had a massive increase in people looking
    To join MI5. :D

Did you know that the fictional foyer in the spooks HQ is actually the foyer of the British head quarters of the Freemasons
    in Great Queen St in Covent Garden , and not many people know that :))
    Just talking about it makes me nostalgic, I wish I had some on DVD. Must
    Order some of Amazon. :))
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Espionage_television_series

Thought I'd post this link, as there are so many great shows I'd forgotten. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Nice one! I'd forgotten TheWild Wild West! As well as new ones like Archer (which is brilliant) and of course Danger Mouse -{
    :D I couldn't believe I'd forgotten so many great shows. Archer, being
    a prime example. :))
    Thanks for reminding me. Archer is a fantastic series! I also very much enjoyed Chuck.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I Spy - Danger Man - The Wild Wild West - The Man From Uncle - Mission Impossible.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I Spy - Danger Man - The Wild Wild West - The Man From Uncle - Mission Impossible.

Great choices from the heyday of spy tv series! -{
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    In no particular order…

Danger Man (probably my favorite)

The Prisoner

Burn Notice

The Avengers

The New Avengers

Callan

Archer

Jason King

I Spy
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training