Great Escape boots

sandman1935sandman1935 St.Augustine FLPosts: 80MI6 Agent
Does anyone on this forum know of the make and model of the boots that the late great Steve Mcqueen wore in GREAT ESCAPE and really any of the kown clothing from the movie. This is one of my favorite movies and love the clothing from it.

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Does anyone on this forum know of the make and model of the boots that the late great Steve Mcqueen wore in GREAT ESCAPE and really any of the kown clothing from the movie. This is one of my favorite movies and love the clothing from it.

I love that film too, and Mcqueen, is a great style icon ,there is great similarity between his and DC /Bonds outfits
    I still have my adapted sweat shirt from TGE just lopp the sleeves off and in time you will get that nice roll up look on the edge of the frayed sleeve :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • sandman1935sandman1935 St.Augustine FLPosts: 80MI6 Agent

I love that film too, and Mcqueen, is a great style icon ,there is great similarity between his and DC /Bonds outfits
    I still have my adapted sweat shirt from TGE just lopp the sleeves off and in time you will get that nice roll up look on the edge of the frayed sleeve :)

My favorite non Bond movie by far. McQueen Bronson Garner all excelent in their roles. Its Funny I did the same to a blue sweat shirt and it did excelent. Any ideas of the boots I thought vintage Red Wing or Alden.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent

My favorite non Bond movie by far. McQueen Bronson Garner all excelent in their roles. Its Funny I did the same to a blue sweat shirt and it did excelent. Any ideas of the boots I thought vintage Red Wing or Alden.

I thought they was some kind of British army officer issue chukka boot (could be wrong ) worn with chinos and a worn leather jacket sound familiar? :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • sandman1935sandman1935 St.Augustine FLPosts: 80MI6 Agent

I thought they was some kind of British army officer issue chukka boot (could be wrong ) worn with chinos and a worn leather jacket sound familiar? :)

They very well could be I bought a repro of British officer boots from JCrew and they are very similar I also got Red Wing because they in my opinion better and made in the U.S. (McQueen was a Illmanered American officer after all) but I think you are right about the Brit. Officer chukkas. Thanks A.S.for the help