The "other" Tom Ford Quantum of Solace Suit?

As Im sure many of you know, an ending scene was filmed intended to cap Quantum of Solace with Bond confronting and killing Mr. White but it was never used in the film. I "believe" this is a shot from the film and as you can see, Bond is wearing a different suit not really discussed much here. Its obviously a TF 3 button rol but it seems to lack the front (and rather typical) suit darts and may lack the ticket pocket as well (or it could simply be out of the frame). Looks to be a dark grey/anthracite color.

ein-quantum-trost_2-722931.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has more screengrabs or pics of Craig in this suit (There once was some footage floating out there but I cant seem to find any of it).

Comments

• JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Where did you find that pic? The source might be able to tell us something. I would assume it's the same cut as the rest of his suits in QoS, just in slightly-ligher-than-charcoal grey. To my eyes it looks like the ticket pocket is there.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    It was the same Regency style as all the other QoS suits.

5ACD16F8-CC9A-464B-9357-8AE2D9FDFB92-3967-000001102DAA7400_zpsa9139cfa.jpg
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    cool pic Holden! I looked everywhere and couldn't find another!

Yeah I figured it had to be the same style, glad to see the darts in the front. really like the color and tie too! -{
  • readpaulbreadpaulb Cleveland, OhioPosts: 86MI6 Agent
    If you look at the orientation of the top button vs the pocket that is barely showing you can definitely tell it is a ticket pocket. Good find.
    1) Cr 2) Ohmss 3) Gf 4) Sf 5) Fyeo
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent Here and there...Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Here it is in HD:

2986587775_1113b1172f_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3227/2986587775_1113b1172f_o.jpg

Could be dark grey sharkskin.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

It looks more like a heavy serge with light yarns in the warp and dark yarns in the weft. The colour is more flattering on Daniel Craig than the darker colours of the suits that made it into QoS. Too bad this suit didn't make it into the film.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    It was the same Regency style as all the other QoS suits.

5ACD16F8-CC9A-464B-9357-8AE2D9FDFB92-3967-000001102DAA7400_zpsa9139cfa.jpg

Astonishing suit and a great picture, I'm pretty sure I've never seen this one before.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent Here and there...Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

It looks more like a heavy serge with light yarns in the warp and dark yarns in the weft. The colour is more flattering on Daniel Craig than the darker colours of the suits that made it into QoS. Too bad this suit didn't make it into the film.

Yeah, we discussed the colours of the clothes in QoS on your blog recently. :)

Perhaps you could write an article about this suit since you've covered some of the unused ones before.

Btw, this suit fits perfectly, much better than the suits in Skyfall.
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah, we discussed the colours of the clothes in QoS on your blog recently. :)

Perhaps you could write an article about this suit since you've covered some of the unused ones before.

Btw, this suit fits perfectly, much better than the suits in Skyfall.

I think I will write about this suit!

Holden, where did your photo come from?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Thw weave is quite visible in the fabric so could it be a super 100 ? possibly 12 oz it seems a heavy ish cloth
    hangs nice on the body though
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Thw weave is quite visible in the fabric so could it be a super 100 ? possibly 12 oz it seems a heavy ish cloth
    hangs nice on the body though

I was guessing around 12-13 oz. Super numbers don't have anything to do with the weight of the cloth. They refer to the finesse of the raw wool.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    That suit looks amazing - and fits so much better than the Skyfall ones. :# tie looks great too. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Matt - pm sent.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Is that the London tie from QoS???
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is that the London tie from QoS???

Nope - I believe it's navy, with cream dots and a different pattern/weave than the London tie. A distinguished member of this forum may have had it in their possession at one point, but impossible to confirm 100% it was the exact same tie.
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I really hope they return to the QoS look for Bond 24. I think the regular-width ties and spread collar dress shirts suit the character much better than the skinny ties and tab collars from Skyfall. And it goes without saying that the fit is much better too.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    That is a great looking suit. Thanks for starting this thread Returningson. -{

I look forward to your blog post, Matt. The only thing I really liked about QOS was the costuming.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Eh, they probably would have color-corrected this one down into the coal mines as well... :))
    Matt S wrote:

Eh, they probably would have color-corrected this one down into the coal mines as well... :))

From the costume cards I have, the suits in Quantum were really dark to start out with. Though the dark suits and white shirts don't do much for Daniel Craig's complexion, by washing him out they make him look more like a cold, ruthless killer.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    OK…. will go ahead and throw out my ignorance to this bit of trivia regarding the deleted scene where Bond does Mr. White in… are there any videos out there of this footage.. have only found the images of Mr. White seated, pointing a handgun… Would have loved for that scene to have been included to sew up that bit of the story..
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    From the costume cards I have, the suits in Quantum were really dark to start out with. Though the dark suits and white shirts don't do much for Daniel Craig's complexion, by washing him out they make him look more like a cold, ruthless killer.

Oh, definitely, but even things like the Harrington - try and tell me you can see any "blue" in that jacket on the film. Same with the brown Armani jacket in CR - everything is so crushed, color-wise. And Craig is straight-up orange in QoS!
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Awesome suit! Perfect fit and length. JT, TF and DC: Please put this in 24!