1

Topic: Skyfall Further Flaws

Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.

2

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Some good points IE  ajb007/martini  although I wouldn't over analyze any Bond film too much.
Only My opinion of course  but it's like pulling the thread on a jumper, soon there's
No jumper left.  ajb007/lol
An example for me would be the purge films, I think they're great but if I was to sit
Back and think about it ..... They set in a very silly world. The whole idea just doesn't
Make sense  ajb007/lol  and it's full of plot holes.  ajb007/biggrin
  I do agree his suit in the river looks very dark, but they probably just threw on a
Primark  suit and shoved a dummy over the falls.  ajb007/biggrin

3

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

You have an Eye for these things it seems  ajb007/martini

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

4

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

InternationalExports wrote:

Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.

5

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

IIRC in the scene where he removes the shrapnal, you see Bond in a mirror, so, naturally, the side would be reversed.

And I thought Eve's bullet entered lower down in the lower rib area on the right side.

For the people who want to find something wrong with SF, the most obvious error is Silva been grossly deformed from a cyanide pill.  Potassium cyanide isn't an acid (or a base).  It'll kill you in sufficient quantity but it doesn't destroy tissue.  I think Mendes was looking for a WTF moment (as well as a tip of the hat to Fleming's deformed villains) and he threw logic out the window.

6

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Agreed  ajb007/martini  although the Silva thing could be an homage to
The mistake with the fuel rods from Dr No.  ajb007/lol

7

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

I'd agree, but rhere is a difference between creative liscence, and something that takes you out of the film to an extent where it blows the ilusion. I mentally retconned the deformed face element as punishment from his Chinease torturers, compounding M's betrayal. A crushed check bone, bashed out teeth etc. The fall from the viaduct and surving the ice cold loch elements were pushing athletisim to imortalisim in Bond himself.

I blame Logan for these errors. The director can only do so much when the dialogue and motion dictate the scene. As you say Pussy, the more you think about it, the more it falls apart!

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

8

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Gala Brand wrote:

IIRC in the scene where he removes the shrapnal, you see Bond in a mirror, so, naturally, the side would be reversed.

And I thought Eve's bullet entered lower down in the lower rib area on the right side.

That's pretty much how I saw it  ajb007/martini

Scouse not English
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

9

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

To quote Bond ....
    " Well, it's only four ribs, and some of the less vital organs ! "   ajb007/wink

10

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Despite what I've seen on some authoritative sites on the effects of Hydrogen Cyanide (some say it's less acidic than even fruit juices), I prefer to rely on what OSHA has to say:

Hydrogen Cyanide
Synonyms: Hydrocyanic acid; Prussic acid; Formonitrile; HCN

Health Factors:

Potential Symptoms: Asphyxia and death at high levels, preceded by seizures, coma with abolished deep reflexes and dilated pupils, paralysis; weakness; dizziness; numbness; tremor; loss of visual acuity; headaches; nausea, vomiting; loss of appetite, weight loss; increased rate and depth of respiration, or slow and gasping respiration; eye irritation; rash, chemical burns on skin; enlargement of thyroid gland

Health Effects: Acute Systemic Toxicity (HE4); Cumulative systemic toxicity---weight loss (HE3); Irritation-Eyes, Skin---skin

Affected Organs: CNS, cardiovascular system, thyroid, eyes, skin.

I also assumed that the pill didn't kill him because it had been defective in some way.  Though he said it burned his insides, and OSHA states it can cause burns in a high dose, he may have just said this to over dramatize what it did (Silva was certainly big on over dramatizing).  It's also possible that even if the cyanide did only minor tissue damage in his mouth, his captors may have tortured him further by not medically treating him which could have resulted in causing pervasive dental disease and bone tissue rotting.  Also, people who have survived cyanide poisoning can have brain damage, which would explain some of Silva's extreme behavior.

11

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

InternationalExports wrote:

Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.

Seriously?  These are all non issues.  As people point out, you see Bond in the mirror when he takes the shrapnel out.  And light grey turns to almost black when only a couple of meters underwater, it's not about suit colour, but the way colour and light is filtered out by water.  As he wore the same suit for the underwater scenes what you see is correct  ajb007/rolleyes  Actually, depending on material, even if you just wet a light grey suit, it can alter the colour drastically without the colour filtration water effect.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

12

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

One of the biggest flaws in any Bond film, is how Bond travels
All over the world, getting shot at etc. Yet he never notices the
Camera crew following him around filming everything .  ajb007/lol

13

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Or when the Bond Theme starts playing when he opens the Fridge  ajb007/lol

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

14

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Or Barbel following him around playing his guitar.  ajb007/biggrin

15

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

.... and Bond wants his guitar back !  ajb007/lol

16

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Asp9mm wrote:
InternationalExports wrote:

Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.

Seriously?  These are all non issues.  As people point out, you see Bond in the mirror when he takes the shrapnel out.  And light grey turns to almost black when only a couple of meters underwater, it's not about suit colour, but the way colour and light is filtered out by water.  As he wore the same suit for the underwater scenes what you see is correct  ajb007/rolleyes  Actually, depending on material, even if you just wet a light grey suit, it can alter the colour drastically without the colour filtration water effect.


I simply dont agree. Mirror or not you can clearly tell from the scar its to bond left hand side and as for the suit its way too dark for your illusion of light and water explanation although a better explanation would be its saturated in blood. But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

17

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

InternationalExports wrote:

But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

ajb007/lol

But did you use a Tom Ford suit or a cheap suit ?  ajb007/wink

I hope you took pictures for comparison and proof ? You would be looking with the naked eye and not on a digital print...or is all this just to get a reaction/argument ?

Scouse not English
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

18

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

The Domino Effect wrote:

Or Barbel following him around playing his guitar.  ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/embarrassed  whoops, I was trying to be unobtrusive!

9 songs done, 2 in various stages of disarray for next album!

19

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Sir Miles wrote:
InternationalExports wrote:

But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

ajb007/lol

But did you use a Tom Ford suit or a cheap suit ?  ajb007/wink

I hope you took pictures for comparison and proof ? You would be looking with the naked eye and not on a digital print...or is all this just to get a reaction/argument ?

Pics no sorry I have a life thanks. A reaction? no. Onne acts on the facts, the explanation offered was rediculous and I took the response t.o my origonal posts to be combatitive rather than diplomatic it lacked decorum to dismiss the points I made  by writting "seriously?, these are non issues". Simply because someone did not agree.
Look at the decorum of Thunderpussys response by what then followed by asp9mm. Just because your writting on a web forum does not mean you forget manners and respond with distain. Offer an opinion dont treat people with contempt because you think you know better, maybe Thunderpussy can show him how to type with courtesy

20

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

InternationalExports wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:
InternationalExports wrote:

Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.

Seriously?  These are all non issues.  As people point out, you see Bond in the mirror when he takes the shrapnel out.  And light grey turns to almost black when only a couple of meters underwater, it's not about suit colour, but the way colour and light is filtered out by water.  As he wore the same suit for the underwater scenes what you see is correct  ajb007/rolleyes  Actually, depending on material, even if you just wet a light grey suit, it can alter the colour drastically without the colour filtration water effect.


I simply dont agree. Mirror or not you can clearly tell from the scar its to bond left hand side and as for the suit its way too dark for your illusion of light and water explanation although a better explanation would be its saturated in blood. But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

Bond removes the shrapnel from his left side?  Let's review the evidence:

http://s4.postimg.org/7u5f3996h/114597445_skyfall_345647b.jpg

21

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Thanks for the pic clears that up that it was a mirror reversal. I like hard evidence. What odd is if you got back to the scene on the train the blood hole is much lower than where the scar is.

Last edited by InternationalExports (28th Jul 2014 23:38)

22

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

InternationalExports wrote:

Pics no sorry I have a life thanks. A reaction? no. Onne acts on the facts, the explanation offered was rediculous and I took the response t.o my origonal posts to be combatitive rather than diplomatic it lacked decorum to dismiss the points I made  by writting "seriously?, these are non issues". Simply because someone did not agree.
Look at the decorum of Thunderpussys response by what then followed by asp9mm. Just because your writting on a web forum does not mean you forget manners and respond with distain. Offer an opinion dont treat people with contempt because you think you know better, maybe Thunderpussy can show him how to type with courtesy

Please, no more of this: take it to PMs if you have to.
(Although you are quite correct about Thunderpussy, a true gentleman)

9 songs done, 2 in various stages of disarray for next album!

23

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Thunderpussy wrote:

One of the biggest flaws in any Bond film, is how Bond travels
All over the world, getting shot at etc. Yet he never notices the
Camera crew following him around filming everything .  ajb007/lol

ajb007/lol

Although he did in OHMSS and NSNA at one point in each!  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
Follow TBB on Twitter: Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on Facebook: TBB Update Page
In memory of Ian Fleming, Sir Kingsley Amis and John Gardner

24

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

ajb007/lol   ajb007/cheers

25

Re: Skyfall Further Flaws

Thunderpussy wrote:

ajb007/lol   ajb007/cheers

Breaking the fourth wall as it were. And then there was the small matter of those seeds hitting the camera in the ninja scenes in YOLT and the film crew on the back of the fire truck in AVTAK!  ajb007/lol

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
Follow TBB on Twitter: Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on Facebook: TBB Update Page
In memory of Ian Fleming, Sir Kingsley Amis and John Gardner