The Life of Ian Fleming - New Stamp Collection

DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
For those interested, Guernsey Post just released their latest stamp collection today - The Life of Ian Fleming. Very nice looking set!!

http://www.guernseystamps.com/new-issues/alderney-new-issues/the-life-of-ian-fleming/

Kind regards,
Craig

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    Very nice -{ a lovely collection. Sadly they don't seem to
    Deliver to where I live. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I think they've done a superb job here. They could have just gone with the obvious, but they've actually put some genuine thought and research into it and selected six great images from different aspects of his life. Very nicely done...shame about the error on the Motor Enthusiast mini-sheet though: "He gave James Bond in the early books a Bentley 4 1/2 litre convertible but later switched him to an Aston Martin." Unless I'm very mistaken (it has allegedly been known to happen), Fleming never put Bond in an Aston Martin...that was all down to the films.
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Fleming never put Bond in an Aston Martin...that was all down to the films.
    No, the car in the Goldfinger novel is described as a grey Aston Martin DB III, even with a few simple gadgets.
    While there was no Aston Martin officially called DB III, it is clear that Fleming meant a DB 2/4 Mark III (aka DB Mark III), the direct predecessor of the DB4 and DB5.
    Thanks RW! I happily stand corrected. I had no recollection of literary Bond being in an Aston Martin.
    Figured out a way of getting them :D it all ads to the collection. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Figured out a way of getting them :D it all ads to the collection. -{

Be careful TP 'philately will get you nowhere' :))
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :)) still it takes some licking. ;)
    Oh stamp it out, you two!
    Stamps arrived today, they look great -{ , Must get them into a small frame to
    display.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    display.

Mine arrived today as well! They are fantastic!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    display.

Mine arrived today as well! They are fantastic!

Kind regards,
    Craig

Which ones did you get, just the 6 individual stamps? I'm looking at ordering but there are so many options...
    I just got the six stamps, thinking of getting a
    bit of backing board and a frame, to display them. :)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I opted for the Sheets of 10 as they seemed ideal for framed presentation, as well as collecting. I also picked up the Presentation Pack which makes a nice display piece by itself.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I was thinking about the sheets of 10 for just that reason. If you ever have any time, I'd live to see a pic of that presentation pack!
  • DrFragmentDrFragment South Coast Of EnglandPosts: 49MI6 Agent
    My presentation Pack arrived on Wednesday. I agree with previous comments, very nice tribute to Ian Fleming.
    "Mm... Royal Beluga, north of the Caspian."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    I really must order these (if one still can) as I missed the Royal Mail ones for the Centenary in 2008. As a child I was a stamp collector for a while! 8-)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
    they are very nice - especially the limited edition big sheet