Bond Plot Ideas

Apologies if there is already a similar thread.

I was chatting with a colleague of mine about the future of Bond films and the question about Quantum and SPECTRE came up. They came up with Quantum when they didn't have rights to SPECTRE, and didn't further the Quantum story at all in SF. Still, it is entirely possible that they'll bring Quantum back in future films and bring some closure to that story line a la YOLT, OHMSS, DAF.

I, for one, would prefer that they bring back SPECTRE and even Blofeld because, well, it's cool. So we got to discussing the problem of bringing SPECTRE back without leaving Quantum totally unresolved, and it occurred to me that they can do both.

People are really into origin stories these days, so why not a Blofeld origin story? The plot follows a young Blofeld (I like Paul Bettany for the role) as he rises through the ranks of Quantum, building up allies, rubbing up against other up-and-comers in Quantum, etc. This leads to Blofeld's ultimate plot, to stage a coup and destroy/take over Quantum from within, and form SPECTRE from Quantum's remains.

This would neatly tie up the Quantum story, lead us into a new era of SPECTRE, and fits in well withe the idea of a reboot series - villains need to be rebooted too, not just heroes!

So, anyway, I'd love to see that movie, and wanted to see what others thought. More entertaining for me and for the group, though, is hearing everyone else's ideas for villains, plots, entire film storylines, etc. Come one, come all!

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    An Idea that I've always had, is about Bond going up against a Cult similar in Vain to 'The Meek One's' in Scorpius.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, I've heard the idea of Quantum becoming Spectre and quite like it. -{
    Not right away but over a few films, leading up to the big reveal ! Who is
    Blofeld ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • samurai4114samurai4114 Alberta, CanadaPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    I'm in total agreement that a new SPECTRE should commence. One of the reasons I believe Connery is the best is because he had that organization he was up against nearly every film, instead of one-off villians. My only quibble about it is, is there enough time to establish hand let it flourish with Craig still at the helm. I think it would be very difficult to establish a new Bond, with a different perspective on the character, during the most critical time in this new serirs arc.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I agree. Have Quantum become SPECTRE with Blofeld slowly building a power base over a couple of films.