The search for a new iconic Henchman has started

DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
Just came across this piece of news which was released today:
http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140822-henchman-casting

I'm not sure if this has been revealed before and I'm very far behind, but I just figured I share this article here anyway.

I'm pretty excited about this myself :D I think the last Iconic henchman (woman) in the series was probably Xenia Onatopp. A new one that is supposed to go down the same line as Oddjob and Jaws sounds like great news to my ears!
Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see Craig's Bond facing a ( seemingly) physically superior opponent. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Roger Mo'Roger Mo' Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I am excited by this as well. Sounds like the producers are going in the right direction. So who fits the bill? Djimon Hounsou is 188cm (I think that's over 6'2'') and is an imposing figure. Or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson?
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see Craig's Bond facing a ( seemingly) physically superior opponent. {[]
    Ronnie Corbett? :))
    :)) :)) :))
    You're a very naughty boy ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140822-henchman-casting

I'm not sure if this has been revealed before and I'm very far behind, but I just figured I share this article here anyway.

I'm pretty excited about this myself :D I think the last Iconic henchman (woman) in the series was probably Xenia Onatopp. A new one that is supposed to go down the same line as Oddjob and Jaws sounds like great news to my ears!

I'm a little apprehensive about this, because I think they could easily go over the top if they're not careful. As much as I enjoyed Obbjob in GF, I think he was skirting the line of credibility just a bit. Jaws definitely took things too far over the line for my taste. I wouldn't mind seeing an obviously strong, physically imposing henchman to go against Craig's Bond, but I hope he's more along the lines of Red Grant than Jaws.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    " an obviously strong, physically imposing henchman "
    Well I'm available! :D
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,709MI6 Agent
    A driving sequence - in Rome perhaps? That tidbit made it a little bit more plausable to me. I think the series needs a good henchman now. I don't think Craig's movies has had any good henchmen and Elvis was even one of the worst!
    " an obviously strong, physically imposing henchman "
    Well I'm available! :D

How convenient, because I had you in mind when I wrote that! :))
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent

I'm a little apprehensive about this, because I think they could easily go over the top if they're not careful. As much as I enjoyed Obbjob in GF, I think he was skirting the line of credibility just a bit. Jaws definitely took things too far over the line for my taste. I wouldn't mind seeing an obviously strong, physically imposing henchman to go against Craig's Bond, but I hope he's more along the lines of Red Grant than Jaws.

I can see where you are coming from. Anything along the lines of Jaws would seem sily in the direction the Bond films went for since the reboot. But it does seem Bond 24 is going for a slightly lighter tone in some ways. (With the rumors of having more humor this time arround and such) I'm sure they will make a good decision that would fit the times of today.

Anything would be better than the plain henchman from Quantum of Solace by the way! Seriously who remembers Elvis?!!! Did anyone even know the henchman was called Elvis untill you saw the credits?! (Most people that watched QoS probably don't have a clue who i'm talking about, that's how forgetable that guy was!)
    :)) :)) :))
    I'm not so much oddjob just Odd. :D
    Anything would be better than the plain henchman from Quantum of Solace by the way! Seriously who remembers Elvis?!!! Did anyone even know the henchman was called Elvis untill you saw the credits?! (Most people that watched QoS probably don't have a clue who i'm talking about, that's how forgetable that guy was!)

I agree 100%.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I thought Elvis was good especially when his syrup fell off :)) :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    anyway does it have to be a bloke that Meryl Streep in the devil wears Prada was a nasty cow

That's literally the only thing I remember about him in the entire movie. But just to show how widely divergent opinions can be about these things, there is actually an AJB member who mounted a spirited defense of Elvis, contending that he is a lot more interesting henchman than he is given credit for. I can't remember who it was that took this position, but I recall being completely astonished by that.
    IMHO, Elvis was more a PA ( Greene's Moneypenny :)) )
    Because I think Moneypenny would have made a better
    Henchman ! :))

That's literally the only thing I remember about him in the entire movie. But just to show how widely divergent opinions can be about these things, there is actually an AJB member who mounted a spirited defense of Elvis, contending that he is a lot more interesting henchman than he is given credit for. I can't remember who it was that took this position, but I recall being completely astonished by that.

WOW... just wow! I would love to hear his arguments for that one! I only realised who he was after having seen the movie a few times and went: "oooooh so that guy is Elvis! .. right... I barely noticed him first time around in the theatre, maybe he wasn't in it there...?" :))
    I'm hoping for a henchman with a bit of intelligence, in the
    Mold of Red Grant. A bit of controlled "extreme violence"
    Just ready to explode. -{
    I thought Elvis w :) as good especially when his syrup fell off :)) :))

I cant tell a lie ,it was our literary expert silhouette man :) (before he went on his, shall we say holiday :) ) I think he was going to do a piece called Elvis has left the building if I remember correctly if im wrong then my deepest apologise SM :)
    I thought Elvis w :) as good especially when his syrup fell off :)) :))

I cant tell a lie ,it was our literary expert silhouette man :) (before he went on his, shall we say holiday :) ) I think he was going to do a piece called Elvis has left the building if I remember correctly if im wrong then my deepest apologise SM :)

I was just looking that up and I discovered that it was indeed our good friend, Silouhette Man.

SM - you got some 'splaining to do!!!! :))

I was just looking that up and I discovered that it was indeed our good friend, Silouhette Man.

SM - you got some 'splaining to do!!!! :))

yes we await with baited breath (no I was honestly looking forward to your dissertation )
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Who remembers Benicio del Toro as a very young henchman in LTK? I do, he was cruel and those eyes... Maybe something like that?
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Who remembers Benicio del Toro as a very young henchman in LTK? I do, he was cruel and those eyes... Maybe something like that?

That's a good example! He was very menacing.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    IMHO, Elvis was more a PA ( Greene's Moneypenny :))

At last ! Someone who gets it !

Just a bit shocked it was you, TP :D
    YNWA 97
    Hey, I'm on a roll this week {[] Barbel also said
    I'd made a point in his Myth thread :)) I'd better get
    Back to talking boll*cks ! :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff

Indeed ! Just what have you been drinking ? :))
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Just wait until these pills loose their edge :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Perhaps the new Henchman as his " Raison d'être " could torture
    People with his garish trainers ! :)) :p a reworking of the football
    Boots passage from DAF. ;)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Former sports athletes and over 6' 2" Well, only one person comes to mind and it's way over the top. Once again I give you Nicole Bass

6016%20-%20No_mercy%20nicole_bass%20wwf.png
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Former sports athletes and over 6' 2" Well, only one person comes to mind and it's way over the top. Once again I give you Nicole Bass

6016%20-%20No_mercy%20nicole_bass%20wwf.png

Holy sh*t, that is one scary chick!
    " oh, what a beauty. I've never seen one as big as that before !" :))