Brand new Persol 2720S for 100$!

MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
This is nuts - today I visited one of my local sunglasses shops in Cracow in search for the TF Marko's. They had no TF sunglasses in stock, but they had a few Persols - like 5 literally, and guess what - I looked at the stand with the Ray Bans Wayfarers and all the other generic stuff - among them I recognized a pair I already own. I looked at the temple - said 2720s, size 57. "Interesting" - I said to myself, since these were discontinued for like 2 years now and I have not seen them anywhere in a shop for about 3 years. The biggest jaw dropper was the prize however - around 100 in US dollars. Brand new, with the original cloth and case (at least that's what the shop manager said). These are the exact model but with brown lenses instead of green. I asked the manager why are these so crazy cheap, because I bought my pair for around 300$ - she only said that they have a good deal with Persol and the other thing is that this is the last pair in stock.

So if anyone is still looking for a 2720s in size 57 (the smaller one) I can get them for you - 100$ + shipping, probably around 15$ priority mail or something like that.

Comments

• readpaulbreadpaulb Cleveland, OhioPosts: 86MI6 Agent
    Incredibly tempting... having trouble seeing myself being able to pull off turtle shell colored frames though B-)
    1) Cr 2) Ohmss 3) Gf 4) Sf 5) Fyeo
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Have you ever tried them on? :) In the sun they look very, very dark. Besides - the turtle shell frame is rather a very classic thing in the sunglasses world, Steve McQueen was also wearing turtle frame PO714's on many occasions!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I'm tempted too. My issues are twofold: first I've read about issues with slippage in the Persols. I wonder if this is due to the temple only being 130mm long. I have a pair of sunglasses with 135mm temples (the glasses I wear are 145mm) and its difficult to imagine wearing them smaller. Second, I may want to switch out the lens for prescription and I've read that the 2720's are one of the more difficult Persol frames to accommodate Rx lenses.

Regarding the temples, do any of the members here with the 2720s (or any other sunglasses with 130mm temples) find slippage a problem?
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I have the 2720's and rather than find they slip off, on the contrary mine are a rigid fit.

I'm not sure though if this is because I got the smaller size. It's strange because they look good head on as it were, but on the arms there is a noticeable outward bend when I wear them. I've not seen this in other sunglasses I have such as Oliver Peoples, Rayban or Tom Ford, but there does seem to be a section on the arms that allows for some flexibility. I'm sure if I went for the larger size they would look too big for my face.

I must say though, of all the sunglasses I own, these don't see much sun!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    One more thing - this is the more expensive, polarised version!
    Sold to an Ozzie! Turned out however that they had no original case and cloth.

Those of you who also have fielmann boutiques in your city - check them out, turns out their regular Persol prices are around 100-150$ - also because there is no original cloth and case.
    Glad you found a buyer. Someone got a deal. I was very tempted, but the wraparound feature of the glasses made it too difficult to gauge sizing, let alone the expense of Rx lenses. For me it would probably be better to get a flatter frame like the 2747.
    Yesterday after watching "Gone Girl" (brilliant movie by the way) I noticed there is another Fielmann in the gallery where the cinema was.

Guess what? They also have Persols 2720s for 100$, however not one but TWO pairs! One is screen accurate (green lenses, tortoise shell) the other one has brown lenses and is polarised.

Like I said - both are for 100$ (without the original cloth and case) but it's still a steal in my opinion, especially for the screen accurate one!

I'm not sure about the sizing however, both looked like 57 in size (not the bigger 63) so if anyone would be interested I would have to check that out.

Cheers!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    PM sent
    edited October 2014
    For anyone owning the Person 2720s what is the actual width from the bridge to the arm when viewed from the front? The curvature of the lenses means the width when viewed from straight on will be less than the 57 or 60mm listed size. Does this make sense? Thanks.

Edited to not be dyslexic with numbers. :#
    For anyone owning the Person 2720s what is the actual width from the bridge to the arm when viewed from the front? The curvature of the lenses means the width when viewed from straight on will be less than the 57 or 60mm listed size. Does this make sense? Thanks.

Edited to not be dyslexic with numbers. :#

If I got right what you were asking for, then from the middle of the bridge to the end of the front/beginning of the arm is 7cm dead (in straight line). However I don't know how is this info useful? :))
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the info. The wrap around effect makes the width difficult. But your dimensions pretty much match my glasses which are 18/53. PM Sent.
  • _M_M From Anaheim-Lives Aberdeen UKPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    I have two pairs of Persol glasses, if you find they are loose or slip take them into your optometrist and have them fit them. BTW it is the 714SM and the 2720s that I own. The 2720s were very loose when I got them but the shop I got the 714SM from fitted them for me, adjusting the bridge and ear pieces. They fit awesome now! I imagine any shop would do it for you, though where I go is quite expensive but their customer service is phenomenal.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Would be interested in a screen accurate pair
    Ross
    Found another one! A little bit more pricey but still I think it's an absolute steal for a brand new pair - the price is around 120$+shipping (around 15$ to the US). Without the original box and cloth unfortunately, but the colour is screen accurate. Size 57. No pictures of the item I'm afraid but I can ask the current owner if that's possible if anyone will be interested -{
    Still up for sale - jared_nomak is interested in these but I feel that he's not entirely convinced so I'm still open for offers (like I said 120$ + shipping)
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    PM sent.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Sold
    Sold

True! But don't close th topic Sir Miles, I tend to find a pair from time to time and I'm posting it always here -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,509Chief of Staff
    MrZareba wrote:
    Sold

True! But don't close th topic Sir Miles, I tend to find a pair from time to time and I'm posting it always here -{

No problem - and thanks for keep using the same thread -{
    YNWA 97
    I might have access to two pairs of these for 80$ each - not screen accurate colour though (screen accurate havana frame/brown lenses), one in size 57, the other being size 60. Contact me if interested directly to jerzy.zareba@gmail.com :)