Sunday 7th Sept-Radio 4-11.15am-The Reunion-Roger Moore conversation

This Sunday at 11.15am and repeated Friday 9am on UK Radio 4 is a chat programme The Reunion
chaired by a female journalist, where Roger Moore is in conversation with the producers
Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, with John Glen (Director) and Richard Kiel (Jaws) about their experiences
making the Bond films.

(Then after the midday news is the Just A Minute programme-Nocholas Parsons and Paul Merton.)

Bleuville.

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Cheers for the Heads up -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'll be listening {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,686MI6 Agent
    I meant to post about this earlier but I forgot to. 8-)

It will appear here for a week after initial broadcast for anyone who happens to miss it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04g6zg8
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I enjoyed the show this morning, nothing much new on the information front
    but it's always nice to hear the stories told by the people concerned. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,276Chief of Staff
    I just spent a pleasant 45 minutes listening to the show. What came across strongly was the family element- how initially Cubby & Dana, and nowadays Michael & Barbara, have kept up friendly relationships with those who've worked on the Bond films (eg BB & family hung out with Richard Kiel & family recently). How people rise through the ranks (John Glen), are replaced by their children (Peter Lamont), etc, how even the boss's daughter had to learn her craft in minor positions*, etc.
    Of course it isn't always like that- there was a bit of friction and some egos got bruised along the way, which is pretty unavoidable over 50+ years- but IMHO there has always been a feeling of consistency in the Bond films. I've said it before, and no doubt will say it again, but they are unprecedented. No other film series has lasted this long and I doubt ever will.

* No jokes, TP, on what positions you'd like to put BB in. :D
    I thought if funny when they were talking about how they had to
    Move all the girls out of the local brothel, for the actors to have
    Somewhere to stay :)) with Roger commenting on a very odd
    Price list. :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,272MI6 Agent
    This is part of an interesting series on Radio 4, next week it's the architects of New Labour in discussion.

It started off clunkily with no new information save that Ian Fleming wanted Roger Moore to take over when Connery ended his run :s but then it picked up and it became clear that they were indeed all in a studio together (save Kiel, who phoned in from another country), it was edited well and flowed very well, the stories segued together nicely.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Agreed it is an interesting series, I remember the one about
    The miners strike.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,276Chief of Staff
    The Bond reunion was repeated at 9am this morning, as a tribute to Richard Kiel. There'll be an obit for him on Radio4 at 4pm GMT.