YOLT Photos :: Anyone Here the Winner?

Bid and lost on this ... by over USD $1,000!

http://www.invaluable.co.uk/auction-lot/-1-c-E8BAC34B53?utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invuk_lossemail&utm_term=2

Cool lot but not worth to me the $3,500 (about $60 per print) or so it totaled with premium, etc.

Comments

• Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Very cool, and settles a bet that I have had for years with my father.
    I have said for years that, after watching YOLT many times, that Connery was not wearing the toupee under the space helmet, as you can just see that his hairline is farther back even w the visor half way up. These photos confirm it!
    Ah well, my Dad passed away in 1989. Guess I can't collect the $3 I bet...
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    I have said for years that, after watching YOLT many times, that Connery was not wearing the toupee under the space helmet, as you can just see that his hairline is farther back even w the visor half way up. These photos confirm it!

If you watch the extras on the last YOLT DVD, there's footage of him rehearsing the control room scene where it's quite clear he's sans rug. This -- and the very idea that he's posing for publicity pics in the suit in the middle of the volcano set (everything else has him in the ninja outfit) -- is why I was interested in the lot. But, again, not that interested! I'm hoping that someone was willing to pay so much because there's a "making of" book in the works.
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    If Helfenstein does the book, and it is only half as good as OHMSS, then it will be terrific!