Turnbull Asser Suit

Getting married on Saturday and been getting some Turnbull and Asser bits and Bobs, bow ties, tux shirt studs and a suit, not for the wedding as wearing a tux, but can't decide if I am happy with the cuff length or not.
Opinions
Ross

image.jpg
image.jpg

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Congrats on getting married! Overall the suit jacket looks great. The sleeve should be lengthened a little. The custom is to show 1/4 to 1/2 inch of shirt cuff. I like to be more on the 1/2 inch side of it. More than that looks excessive, and not showing any shirt cuff at all exposes the jacket cuffs to unnecessary wear.

And please don't fasten the bottom button of the jacket. It's not meant to be fastened (button and buttonhole are spread apart) and disrupts the lines of the jacket. Connery only does it a few times as a mistake.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] yes Congratulations for your Wedding, -{ Suit looks fine to me, although
    I'm a jeans and sweatshirt bloke. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Congrats on getting married! Overall the suit jacket looks great. The sleeve should be lengthened a little. The custom is to show 1/4 to 1/2 inch of shirt cuff. I like to be more on the 1/2 inch side of it. More than that looks excessive, and not showing any shirt cuff at all exposes the jacket cuffs to unnecessary wear.

And please don't fasten the bottom button of the jacket. It's not meant to be fastened (button and buttonhole are spread apart) and disrupts the lines of the jacket. Connery only does it a few times as a mistake.

Ideal there is not loads of material, that's the only thing. Yeh I wouldn't normally button the bottom button, most of my suits are Paul Smith and I just wear the standard length sleeve but want to get this right.

Thanks for the congrats, thankfully she has accepted I'm a Bond fan and she has stated I might be allowed my Aston yet :)
    Matt S wrote:

Ideal there is not loads of material, that's the only thing. Yeh I wouldn't normally button the bottom button, most of my suits are Paul Smith and I just wear the standard length sleeve but want to get this right.

Thanks for the congrats, thankfully she has accepted I'm a Bond fan and she has stated I might be allowed my Aston yet :)

It doesn't look like you need that much material, maybe half an inch. My tailor has extended sleeves that didn't have much outlet by attaching additional cloth to the inside.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I would say to lengthen the cuffs with 1 cm.
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Congrats on the wedding!
    If you are in California, why not drive away in the Aston DBS?
    PM me..
    Tom
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Have a good day mate!!!! {[] {[] -{ -{ -{ :007)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Congrats on the wedding!
    If you are in California, why not drive away in the Aston DBS?
    PM me..
    Tom

Unfortunately we are in the UK but heading out to Florida for a couple of weeks as of Monday.
    Ross
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Have a good day mate!!!! {[] {[] -{ -{ -{ :007)

Thanks buddy, pity you were not in Scotland when you came over or you could have dropped in
    Ross

Yeh I think I will send it back to T&A and get that done. :)
    {[] yes Congratulations for your Wedding, -{ Suit looks fine to me, although
    I'm a jeans and sweatshirt bloke. :)
    Thanks, looking forward to the day

Yeh I think I will send it back to T&A and get that done. :)

Only if you can do it in person. It's better to have a tailor who can do it in person and get it perfect. Your arms may not be exactly the same in length.
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Only if you can do it in person. It's better to have a tailor who can do it in person and get it perfect. Your arms may not be exactly the same in length.

+1

Most of us are asymmetrical. The shoulder of your dominant arm is likely a bit lower than the other shoulder, and that will show up in your sleeve length. This is especially true for those of us under 45/50 who have worked by holding a PC mouse for the majority of our career.

A tailor will match up your jacket's sleeves by measuring backwards from the tip of your thumb.
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    I would have no problem with the cuffs. Looks good. You can really "shoot the cuff" Sinatra style.
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
    Thanks for all the well wishing for my Wedding and thought I would pop up a quick photo as I am now a happily married man.

image.jpg
    Thanks for all the well wishing for my Wedding and thought I would pop up a quick photo as I am now a happily married man.

image.jpg

Congratulations! Everyone looks fantastic!
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Congratulations Ross! {[]
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    +1, Congratulations {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Congrats Ross!
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Congratulations Ross! All the best fella
    Thanks for the congrats but a little Bond Lifestyle was required for after the wedding too.

image.jpg

And the hotel

image.jpg
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    This will do. This will do me nicely.
    Thanks for the congrats but a little Bond Lifestyle was required for after the wedding too.

image.jpg

And the hotel

image.jpg
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    mpoplawski wrote:
    I would have no problem with the cuffs. Looks good. You can really "shoot the cuff" Sinatra style.

I wouldn't do anything to the cuffs it looks fine,any way no one will notice ,they will all be to busy looking at your stunning wife,congrats and love to you both
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    A belated yet hearty congratulations!
    edited January 2015
    Now for sale!