Sequels That Never Happened

AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
Spiderman 4 is probably one of the biggest Examples of this. The third Film did so poorly that any Plans for a Follow up were binned.

28 Years Later has been planned for several Years now, but nothing has come of it.
1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Under Seige 3, Arkward Seagal ( needn't say more :)) )
    I am legend and Independence Day were to have sequels
    As was The naked gun 4, having Frank Drebbin as a rookie cop.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Also I think there was to be a Gladiator 2.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Connery was supposed to be in the original Version of Beverly Hills Cop 3.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Was he to be the owner of Wallyland ?
    Was he to be the owner of Wallyland ?

The original Script called for Folley to team up with Scotland Yard, and Connery was to be the Offical.
    Oh, I never knew that! Might have improved the film. :))
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Truly wish they'd make a follow up to Miami Vice. Really liked that movie.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    "The Girl Who Played With Fire" with Craig! I don't know if they will make it or not finally but I really enjoyed "The Girl with the the Dragon Tattoo".
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    Scotland following the Republic of Ireland and becoming an independent country was one sequel I'm very glad did not occur. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Scotland following the Republic of Ireland and becoming an independent country was one sequel I'm very glad did not occur. :))

Very funny. I still have my fingers crossed for a Hellboy 3, but I'm not sure The Powers That Be will allow it to happen.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    I assume there were plans for two sequels for "The Golden Compass" since it was based on a trillogy of books.

I'm still dreaming of more Master & Commander movies too.
    There were apparently Plans for a Titanic Spin off, with Rose during the First World War. Obviously nothing came of this.
    I guess you could watch " Raise the Titanic !" after it as a sort of sequel. :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    The Godfather - Part 4. Here's Francis Ford Coppola discussing the possibility of a fourth film:

"Many years later, after “One From the Heart,” after [accumulating] huge debt, unbelievable debt for a young guy, the chance to do “Godfather III” was a chance for me to get out of my problems, and I did it as best I knew how. … And then there was talk of a fourth “Godfather.” And I had an idea of how you could do it, oddly enough, again paralleling two stories because it was a big part of the book that had never been made — it was the period sort of between the old period in “Godfather II” and when you see Marlon Brando in “The Godfather.”Mario called it the “happy years” — when we killed them and they didn’t kill us. [He laughs.]

And Mario was very concerned to make money because he was getting older and he really wanted to leave his kids well-fixed, and I said to Paramount, “Look it, we have an idea of a structure of this thing. Pay Mario Puzo a million dollars to do this first draft, and I’ll help him and work with him. You don’t have to pay me anything. But he’s getting old, and he’s not entirely well.” And they basically didn’t do it. And then he died."

I, for one, am very glad it never happened. The Godfather Parts 1 and 2 are masterpieces, and they are my favorite movies of all time. I think The Godfather - Part 3 was one to many, and it's hard to believe that a fourth would have been any better.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

Very funny. I still have my fingers crossed for a Hellboy 3, but I'm not sure The Powers That Be will allow it to happen.

Just my little personal joke dear Hardyboy. Please excuse me. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Interesting -{
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I assume there were plans for two sequels for "The Golden Compass" since it was based on a trillogy of books.

I'm still dreaming of more Master & Commander movies too.

There were, but The Golden Compass just didn't do enough at the box office... :#

Shame, because the books are brilliant. The movie wasn't bad either...but I think they made a mistake by casting an unknown in the lead. They should have gone with a more established actor...it was a big part, and I think her performance was met with criticism. (As much as you can criticise an 11 year old anyway)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    The books are brilliant :)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

No need for an excuse. . .I really did find it funny! Guess I need to use more emoticons. . . :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Still waiting on the sequel to David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
    There was to be a True Lies 2 in the early 00's, obviously got scrapped.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,267MI6 Agent
    The Graduate was mooted for a 20 years later sequel, with Benji as the older, predatory man - sounds bloody awful doesn't it? Like the unseen Gregory's Girl sequel perhaps.

In which the gangly Scots gets into deep water with an ill-timed intervention...

Andy-Murray-008.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Hardyboy wrote:

No need for an excuse. . .I really did find it funny! Guess I need to use more emoticons. . . :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Oh, great. Thanks friend! :) -{