Scottish Independence - JB Assists

ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
image.jpg
Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The Weapon Choice is a Deep Fried Donner Kebab :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    The Weapon Choice is a Deep Fried Donner Kebab :))
    I think he has been trying that for years, looking at Alec.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    I'll answer a very jokey first post with a serious reply. I believe the Scotish did the right thing when they stayed in the UK. The seperatists argue that there is lot of oil in the North Sea and Scotland should use it to become some kind of Caledonian version of Norway. In fact the North Sea has reached "peak oil" (the point where most of the oil has been used) some time ago, so the amount of oil and gas left to pump up will only decline in the future. Norway has saved a lot of money in an oil fund to get us through the future which holds less income and more public expenditure, especially pensions for the elderly. Hopefully it will be enough. Scottland has no oil fund and no national bank! It has nothing saved for a rainy day, and those days are comming.

They also take it for granted that the EU will welcome them, but is that true? Italy, Belgium and and Spain all have seperatist regions. All EU members have a veto and these nations may not want to encourage their own seperatist. Sorry, Sean Connery, but it was probably for the best Scotland stayed in the United Kingdom.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'll answer a very jokey first post with a serious reply. I believe the Scotish did the right thing when they stayed in the UK. The seperatists argue that there is lot of oil in the North Sea and Scotland should use it to become some kind of Caledonian version of Norway. In fact the North Sea has reached "peak oil" (the point where most of the oil has been used) some time ago, so the amount of oil and gas left to pump up will only decline in teh future. Norway has saved a lot of money in an oil fund to get us through the future which holds less income and more public expenditure, especially pensions for the elderly. Hopefully it will be enough. Scottland has no oil fund and no national bank! It has nothing saved for a rainy day, and those days are are comming.

They also take it for granted that the EU will welcome them, but is that true? Italy, Belgium and and Spain all have seperatist regions. All EU members have a veto and these nations may not want to encourage their own seperatist. Sorry, Sean Connery, but it was probably for the best Scotland stayed in the United Kingdom.
    Your not wrong.

As my family is made up of Scots and English, and having lived longer in Scotland than England despite being English, I'm just glad all the arguments are a moot point for 20,30, 50 years. Perhaps ever. -{

Scotland has spoken. They are very welcome. :x
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    Nice gag...but it had already been posted yesterday- you have to be quicker than that :D
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    I have mentioned this elsewhere, but as a Scot whi lives in England, I am relieved and really happy at the result.

However, the debate is not over. A much bigger one about the political structure of the UK and making it more balanced and fair for everyone is starting. Westminster has to honour its promises because the people are watching and want results. They are tired of Whitehall thinking it is the centre of the Universe.

I wonder if recent events will be reflected in Bonds attitudes or behaviour in the future?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    There were Riots last night in Glasgow.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Riots? How stupid - do they think they'll run the English out of Scotland using pitchforks? :))

I suspect re-runs of "Braveheart" and liberal amounts of whiskey was involved ...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Riots ? Well it is Glasgow . :p :)) {:)
    ( if you lived there, you'd riot too ) :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,057Chief of Staff
    the debate is not over. A much bigger one about the political structure of the UK and making it more balanced and fair for everyone is starting. Westminster has to honour its promises because the people are watching and want results. They are tired of Whitehall thinking it is the centre of the Universe.

That's it in a nutshell. The UK (and I mean Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, and big chunks of England) seems to constantly take second place to the SE corner, even allowing for the population and money factors. That is the basic source of unrest, unhappiness and nationalism. The BBC is particularly guilty of this foul habit, but perhaps they are simply reflecting Whitehall/Westminster- hard to tell, as one feeds off the other.
    Agreed, many parts of England feel forgotten, just as much as the the rest
    Of the UK.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Several Towns in Hampshire have gone to the Dogs due to no Money going into the local Economy. Aldershot, for instance.
    I remember the flooding in Hull a few years ago, hardly got a mention on the news
    Until the flooding moved south. Then low and behold, it became a "National" issue. :#