Production news and rumours with spoilers

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
I think it's time we start a thread like this.

Here is a report claims that two planes are going to austria to film Bond 24 and one of them will crash into a house that's being constructed. One would think they would wait a few films after SF with a scene like that.

http://www.tjbd.co.uk/news/bond-24-2-aircraft-headed-for-obertilliach.htm

MI6Community.net claim Mark Strong is in Morocco to film a different film, but offers no source or title of the other film.

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Would like to see Mark Strong as the main Villain -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It would be a fantastic bit of casting but then he's a big bloke so
    Wouldn't need a big henchman. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    According to Wikipedia, Strong is currently filming "Grimsby", a Sacha Baron Cohen comedy in which Strong plays a "British Black Ops spy." So I suppose its possible he's filming in Morocco.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I like Mark Strong, but I think he's been pegged so often as a villain that I'm not sure he'd bring something original to his role. In fact, there's a commercial for Jaguar in the U.S. where he, Ben Kingsley, and Tom Hiddleston all talk about being villains--because they all have the "British" voice, sense of style, and taste in cars!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    That ad airs over here too, HB....I read that Strong was filming for Star Wars in Morocco....could just be 'paper-talk' I suppose....
    YNWA 97
  • QuistQuist Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    I think Mark Strong would be an awsome Bond villain though it would counteract the fact that there is this hugely built henchman character in it as Strong is quite physically imposing himself. That said I hope they do not go with another weak looking main villain like Greene.
    I haven't noticed anymore news or updates on rumours that Chiwetel Ejiofor will be cast as the villain. Imdb still has him linked.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    Quist wrote:
    I think Mark Strong would be an awsome Bond villain though it would counteract the fact that there is this hugely built henchman character in it as Strong is quite physically imposing himself. That said I hope they do not go with another weak looking main villain like Greene.
    I haven't noticed anymore news or updates on rumours that Chiwetel Ejiofor will be cast as the villain. Imdb still has him linked.

Well I guess there's physically imposing and there's physically imposing. Strong is typically listed as 6'2" but he certainly does do "physically imposing" quit well when called upon. That being said, a henchman built along the lines of the "Mountain" would certainly not be overshadowed by the 6'2" Strong who is a fine actor and could certainly dial down the "physically imposing" as a villain. I'd like to see Strong in a Bond film in any type of role: villain, Bond allie, military type, or even another "00". In fact, Strong's mother is actually Austrian by birth and (like Michael Fassbender) Strong speaks fluent German so just taking a leap with the Austrian location maybe Strong will play an Austrian?
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Mark Strong won't be cast in Bond 24. This started when he was pictured with Daniel in Morocco. They are old friend from their time on "Our friends in the north" a British Tv show, Dan is Mark's son's godfather so they are very close. Mark Strong was in Turkey filming scenes for a new movie called Grimsby when Dan invited him down to Morocco. Mark Strong is also staring in Kingsman: The Secret Service the film that everyone involved in Bond tried to have stopped so that wont do Mark Strong many favours either.
    Thats a shame :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    ....... Maybe next time ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    Mark Strong won't be cast in Bond 24. This started when he was pictured with Daniel in Morocco. They are old friend from their time on "Our friends in the north" a British Tv show, Dan is Mark's son's godfather so they are very close. Mark Strong was in Turkey filming scenes for a new movie called Grimsby when Dan invited him down to Morocco. Mark Strong is also staring in Kingsman: The Secret Service the film that everyone involved in Bond tried to have stopped so that wont do Mark Strong many favours either.

I know that EON and MGM were suing Universal over the not yet in production "Section 6" which really does sound like a Bond with another name film and direct rip-off of Fleming and possible copyright infringement. Didn't know they had taken any action against "Kingsmen" which appears to be a bit of a different animal.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    edited October 2014
    Here are two more pictures of the lodge set being constructed in Obertilliach. By the angle of the roof I'd say this house is Alpine and not Scandinavian, but I stil live in hope/delution. There is still a chance Austria will double for Norway, but it's very unlikely Austria doubles for tree-less Spitzbergen.

obertilliach1.jpg

James_Bond_sprengt_bald_dieses_Haus_in_Osttirol-Erste_Details_zu_007-Story-422137_470x266px_1_sXp63OcYG15JU_1206445_470.jpg

Here is a link to the source. Can someone who isn't computer illiterate translate?
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    My sources tell me that Bond 24 will be called 'Himmel fallen ': "Bond's loyalty to the new M is tested when he loses a piece of stollen containing the names of all the MI6 cafeteria chefs. When the MI6 kitchen comes under attack, 007 must track down a former agent named Herr Silber and destroy the threat from his family's estate, Himmel fallen, near Obertilliach."
    edited October 2014
    Are you sure your last post wasn't ment for the 'Fantasy Bond 24 press rumours and reports' thread :))
    Nope. It's definitely in the category of 100% verified and confirmed news. B-)
    Obviously :D

I know next to no German, but I know even less Italian. Still, I understand that this article says casting calls have started in Rome.

http://www.contattonews.it/2014/10/01/1827-cinema-partiti-i-casting-in-italia-per-il-24-bond/257213/

My question is: why hasn't casting started in Austria? After all it's just a few months till filming starts. I (want to) belive that the casting for the scenes in Norway was done in Copenhagen months ago, so there is no need for Austrians other than background extras.
    If they are/were going to build a large cabin or ski hotel I would like them to build it in "dragestil" (The Dragon Style).
    The style of architecture was at its most popular around the year 1900, when a wave of nationalism peaked with the independence of Norway. The style mixes the Alpine style with old Norse elements, borrowed from viking age ships and churces.

forsidebilde.jpg

frognerseteren.jpg

DSC_0223-Holmenkollen-Park-Hotel-oslo-norway.jpg
    -{ I'm going to Norway with the GF in January to see some of her Relatives.
    I was wondering when the two of you are going. January? Remember to pack some thermal underwear :D
    :)) :))

A couple of Events made us postpone the Trip, but its back on Track now.
    That last building was how I imagined, Shatterhand's castle
    In YOLT. :)

Is Norway short of thermal underwear ? Is this some sort of appeal ?
    Could AJB donate some ? :))
    It has to be made from Norwegian Hamster wool, though. They're very much traditionalists in Norway.
    And blessed by the Gods themselves :))
    It's just about being a good boy scout - be prepared!
    edited October 2014
    But you remind me of the great Norwegian butter shartage of 2011 - how did we ever survive? :D
    Bit tough on the hamster, or am I confusing them with gerbils :))
    ( a Richard Geer joke ;) )
    That last building was how I imagined, Shatterhand's castle
    In YOLT. :)

Is Norway short of thermal underwear ? Is this some sort of appeal ?
    Could AJB donate some ? :))

I haven't thought of it before, but the "dragestil" and old Japanese castles are strangly related.
    I know in the novel it was more stonework, but the intricate
    Woodwork, somehow reminded me of the discription of
    Shatterhand's castle.
    There is a certain likeness:

Norway
    DSC_0223-Holmenkollen-Park-Hotel-oslo-norway.jpg

Japan
    web_IMG_1067.jpg