'Archer' No Longer Works for ISIS

Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
The terrorists have won.

"For the past five seasons, ISIS (International Secret Intelligence Service) has been the name for the underground, non-government approved, New York City-based spy organization at the heart of the show. In light of recent events, however, the creative team behind the Emmy nominated series—creator Adam Reed along with executive producers Matt Thompson and Casey Willis—made a decision to quietly eliminate the acronym from their show."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/10/archer-drops-isis-the-fx-series-dumps-the-spy-org-s-name-in-light-of-recent-events.html
—Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
Agent In Training

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Understandable really. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Indeed. I have the first season on DVD somewhere. I really must watch it soon and catch up.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I saw this the other day and I honestly don't blame them. It sucks that they had to change a key element in their show, but with all that is going on it will only be a negative connotation for them and the successful comedy does not need that.

Good knockoff of a comedic Bond cartoon though. :))
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    I guess books about ancient Egypt will have to be rewritten too.

Ridiculous.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Hopefully they will get a good joke out of it and not just pretend it never happened.