Magnoli Enjoying Death

Missed out on the enjoying Death shirt project , but wondering if anyone has one of Magnonolis. I have a few pieces from him, and as long as you get the sizing correct, they have been very good. Whats the verdict?

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    His Enjoying Death doesn't seem to have the washed out / crinkled look judging by the pics - no?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    The pic on the website is the Mk1 shirt. It really needs an updated picture of the Mk2.
    I agree with the comments above, Magnoli's items are usually excellent quality. I love my Madagascar shirt.
    Apart from getting very lucky and finding an unwanted Enjoying Death Shirt from Hart's run, this route really is the only option now. I think it's probably worth a gamble .
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    Yes, noted that the picture is of his first offering. Be nice to see the latest version, but I also have one of his Madagascar shirts and quality is good.
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    I have sent a message to Indy, asking if there are any up to date photos of the shirt. The Indy is about $40 dollars dearer than Harts, I think, but it seems that the shirt will be made according to the sizing you give Indy, so more bespoke ? It seems that some people have had to tailor the Hart ED shirts to get a good fit, particularly length and sleeves. Interested in any comments on this.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Good idea, will benefit Indy too if shirt has been improved since!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,561Chief of Staff
    That looks great - good job -{
    YNWA 97
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Indy, you have so many gifts and talents. I cherish your Bond and non-Bond items, too. I still can't believe how great your Hobbit runes map is...
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    It looks great, but having five of the original ones in hands I have to share some concerns. The collar was way softer, this one here looks almost like a dress shirt collar. The second thing is that the Zara shirt is a little bit darker (more blue-ish), but nice work anyway!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Looks fantastic. Well done -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    That looks great Indy!!
    MrZareba wrote:
    The collar was way softer...

If our collar was any softer, it would melt. Trust me.
    MrZareba wrote:
    ....the Zara shirt is a little bit darker (more blue-ish)...

The color was matched to an original costume card swatch and double-checked against screen shots. I don't know why the regular Zara shirts look so much more blue, but ours seems to match the screen-worn shirt perfectly.
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

MrZareba wrote:

The color was matched to an original costume card swatch and double-checked against screen shots. I don't know why the regular Zara shirts look so much more blue, but ours seems to match the screen-worn shirt perfectly.

I don't doubt you at all. Though if I may offer up a small detail I think has been over-looked....
    Your current shirt has the top of the shirt flap in line with the third button down on the shirt. In the movie, and from pics of the original zara, those pockets were placed higher where the 3rd button was even with the pocket buttons. I'm hoping since you make these per request that this isn't a big deal. Anyone feel free to point out if I might be wrong.

But I def plan on getting one, since Hart took my $$ and I never got a shirt. Maybe you could bill Hart for me... 8-)

Thanks for the hard work Indy.
    MrZareba wrote:

MrZareba wrote:

Ok, than maybe it's just the lighting that makes the shirt look more white than blue :) As for the collar, maybe I didn't express myself entirely correctly - the collar looks like it was ironed, it should look pretty creased - if the material is soft there is no problem but I think that in order to match the shirt with the SA one the website picture should be showing a creased collar, otherwise some people might think it's a dress shirt collar. :)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Indy, perhaps you could sleep in each shirt so they have the SA crumpled look, before sending them out? :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Ah.. yes, I did iron the shirt before the photos (since it had unsightly creases from being folded up... not cool "slept in" wrinkled creases). Sorry for being tidy. :))

Took this shot the other day... I call it "Enjoying Life":

IMG_1835-2_zps0l90go9l.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Aww congrats Indy! Lovely photo -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Here is the shirt after a wash, line dry and NO ironing:

IMG_1840_zpsaxxq6ksr.jpg
    IMG_1841_zps1ox6wdxa.jpg
    IMG_1842_zpsx6n0acdm.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Looks great -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • brandx0brandx0 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    It does look pretty good, though I agree the pockets do seem a little lower than the original. I don't suppose there's any plans for a new version with higher pockets is there? I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.
    Here is the shirt after a wash, line dry and NO ironing:

IMG_1840_zpsaxxq6ksr.jpg
    IMG_1841_zps1ox6wdxa.jpg
    IMG_1842_zpsx6n0acdm.jpg

Now that's more like it! :D
    brandx0 wrote:
    It does look pretty good, though I agree the pockets do seem a little lower than the original. I don't suppose there's any plans for a new version with higher pockets is there? I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.

Don't forget, these are made-to-order, so each one can be customized. We can put the pockets upside down if you want! :))
  • brandx0brandx0 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Oh I didn't realize the shirts were made to order as well. May have to pick one of these up soon.