Farrelly Brothers

HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
On my essential movies list, "Dumb and Dumber is probably at number 5.

I am not really following the Farrelly brothers but from time to time come across with one of their movies.
Admitted the movies are borderline insane, there are some parts which are simply hilarious!

Yesterday, I have come across by chance with "The Heartbreak Kid" and the Las Vegas hot tup scene caused me a laugh that I did not do for years! :)) :)) :))
The Mariacci band cracked me up as well!

And now I am reading that Dumb and Dumber To will be around the block soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGXHVlEklgQ

Anyone else looking forward to it?
President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry but I find Jim ( one joke) Carrey as funny as a dose of Ebola ! :))
    I'll be giving it a miss.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    His only Film I've ever found Entertaining was The Mask -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Not his biggest fan but he does have hilarious moments that have cracked me up

Off the top of my head:

Cable Guy character
    Breast Feeding scene in Me Myself & Irene
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,497Chief of Staff
    Dumb And Dumber is the single most unfunny film ever made, I am at a loss to see what people find funny about it ! X-(
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,187Chief of Staff
    +1
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Obviously not british humor compatibke :D :D :D

Which of course is the BEST in the world ! {[] :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    1 + -{ :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Really like There's Something about Mary. Liked Dumb and Dumber also. Looking forward to Dumb & Dumber to. Also a fan of Jim Carrey. His best comedy movie has to be Liar, Liar. Really liked The Truman Show also. If you want to Jim before he made it big, the show In Living Color had some crazy characters including, Vera DeMilo and Fire Marshall Bill. I'm sure he had other memorable characters, but those two stick out the most.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just received Dumb and Dumber To on Blu Ray.
    Never in the last years, I had to laugh this hard about a movie - imo it's even better than the first - Dumb and Dumber {[]

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Dumb And Dumber is the single most unfunny film ever made, I am at a loss to see what people find funny about it ! X-(

Thunderbird Too! Sorry Higgins.

I did like Carey's turn as The Riddler in Batman Forever until the penultimate scenes. He was clearly channeling Frank Gorshin's demented puzzle jester. But the only film he as done where I can say I really enjoyed his performance was The Trueman Show. Primarily because he plays Trueman as a likeable everyday character fore the most part.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I like Carrey in Bruce Almighty. A man dissatisfied with his life who is given God's powers after complaining about him repeatedly.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    The Mask and The Grinch put me off Jim Carrey for life. I've seen clips of both.... 'performances' but couldn't stomach more than a few minutes.

I found ace ventura absolutely hilarious but I was 12 at the time, so anything jokey about poop, big boobs and fart noises instantly made me cry with laughter.

hehe.... farts :)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    The Thing with Jim Carrey you have to remember, is that his Kind of Comedy is not to everybody's Taste.

He's been a bit inactive for a few Years now.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    He's been doing some serious films as well.

Shallow Hal and There's Something About Mary are two of my favourite Farrelly films apart from MMAI and Dumb And Dumber. Don't really like Kingpin at all. Thought it was very poor.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    He appeared on one of Bob Monkhouse's Programme's in the 80's.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I loved kingpin!!! :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,497Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I loved kingpin!!! :D

I enjoyed that movie too -{
    YNWA 97
    Kingpin was funny. :D