Worst Bond fashion crimes

:# Every Bond has his fashion crime: from Sean's terry towelling robe, Roger's safari suits, Tim's jumper with the shirt collars out, to Pierce's Goldeneye driving cravat... What are your favourite 007 fashion faux-pas? :007)
"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I always disliked Sean's pink tie in DAF and Pierce's shoes in the
    Submarine fight at the end of TWINE. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Ruffled-Shirt-1024x522.jpg
    CLIP ON suspenders

Image deleted. Please post links, not MGM-copyrighted material. Barbel
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Pretty much anything in the Moore era, but people have to remember that the 70s were basically a rebellion against anything conservative. But I thought a lot of Brosnan's clothes in Goldeneye were dodgy -- in particular, that double-breasted outfit he wears looks like it's an off-the-rack from Sears or something.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Said this before, but Bonds Tracksuit in AVTAK :# :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I'd like to turn this on its head.
    Moore's Sicily outfit in TSWLM looks awful now, but in 1977 it was state of the art.
    The tab collar shirts and slim fit suits on skyfall might look awesome now, but just wait ten years and then see hoe you feel.
    I think all the outfits Bond wears are of the time, and I love em. Right now I am wearing my Istanbul outfit, but wouldn't dare to don any of the Brosnan suits which I loved so much back in the 1990s.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    though its an iconic look, it just looks silly now, Bonds all light blue ensemble at the end of Dr. No. And the majority of Brosnans ties outside of a few look horrible.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Bonds fake Japanese Costume :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    I'd like to turn this on its head.
    Moore's Sicily outfit in TSWLM looks awful now, but in 1977 it was state of the art.
    The tab collar shirts and slim fit suits on skyfall might look awesome now, but just wait ten years and then see hoe you feel.
    I think all the outfits Bond wears are of the time, and I love em. Right now I am wearing my Istanbul outfit, but wouldn't dare to don any of the Brosnan suits which I loved so much back in the 1990s.
    Great point. The timing and context have to be considered. That's why the blue terry-cloth jumper in GF is the worst for me. I can imagine any era in which that outfit could be anything but cheesy.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    The tab collar shirts and slim fit suits on skyfall might look awesome now

The suits certainly don't. Tab collar shirts are out-of-fashion at present because the wretched "suit without tie" look is "in". Tab collar shirts not only require a tie, they require a knotted one! Thus their popularity tends to peak when menswear skews towards a combination of formal and dandy, such as the 1920s and 1980s.
    I also think the suits in Skyfall , were cut far too tight ( only my opinion)
    But in one photo Craig had his hand in his pocket , and you could see every bone
    In it :D , I'd say if you were standing against the wind, people would be able
    To tell your religion ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    But in one photo Craig had his hand in his pocket , and you could see every bone
    I LOVE the SF suits, I think they're the best in the series. I never saw them as "too tight".
    Once again only my opinion, but I liked the suits in QOS better. In fact
    I preferred Mallory's suits in SF, although that might be an age thing ! :D
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Completely agree with the era being a defining quality. Lazenby with the ruffles, Moore with a safari jacket, Dalton with the members only jacket, and Craig with a pension for street clothes more than any other Bond. Few outfits bother me though the terry cloth robe was jarring the first time I saw it.

The only real cringe inducing outfit for me is from NSNA when Connery is in jean overalls. AHHHHHHH
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

If I was wearing the suits that tight I would be scared to sit down :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    The tab collar shirts and slim fit suits on skyfall might look awesome now

The suits certainly don't. Tab collar shirts are out-of-fashion at present because the wretched "suit without tie" look is "in". Tab collar shirts not only require a tie, they require a knotted one! Thus their popularity tends to peak when menswear skews towards a combination of formal and dandy, such as the 1920s and 1980s.

i guess we wont be seeing tab Shirts this time around then in Bond 24
    Instagram - bondclothes007