Trip into New York - Bond places to visit?

Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
Well here we are again folks yet again thanks to Virgin Atlantics extortionate pricing I find myself with a weekend in NJ bummer huh.
I thought tomorrow I would head into NY so I was thinking a visit to Omega, Billy Reed and Tom Ford stores for sure - anyone know anywhere else Bond related worth a visit?

Was actually wondering if there are any shooting ranges in NJ I could bang a few rounds down the range with a PPK?

Cheers :-)
My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Comments

• _M_M From Anaheim-Lives Aberdeen UKPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Quick google search found out the range would be a no-go.

Pistols
    Pistol/Revolver: $15
    Assorted handguns are available for rental for those who have a valid NYC handgun permit.

In NYC and the five boroughs, a civilian cannot shoot/use/rent a HANDGUN or PISTOL without having a NYC Handgun License issued by NYPD License Division.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Don't forget to visit Blackleiter Castle.
    A place of sheer decadence, self- indulgence and showplace of weekly orgies :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    As a military man I don't need permit for some reason they trust me already :))

Still went shopping in Manhatten instead problem was the CT midnight blue DJ was more expensive than back home

Cheers!
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The reptile house at Central Park zoo is a must.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Don't waste your time going to Tom Ford. It's closed on Sundays. The best clothing shops in NYC, just like in London, are closed Sundays. You can take a ride down the FDR Drive like Bond did when he visited New York, only your driver needs to be killed.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • _M_M From Anaheim-Lives Aberdeen UKPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    I'm ex-military too but, I gather even if you're active U.S. military you'd still need it. Laws are laws lol.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ive got a picture of that (FDR) I went to New York in Feb this year for a holiday
    P1050086.jpg
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I love New York :))
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

Still went shopping in Manhatten instead problem was the CT midnight blue DJ was more expensive than back home

Cheers!

Which CT store did you visit, Madison or 7th? Did they have a good selection of sizes on the DJ?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Cheers!

Which CT store did you visit, Madison or 7th? Did they have a good selection of sizes on the DJ?

The 7th Avenue shop is much larger. All English clothes, however, cost considerably more in the US than in the UK. For most brands it's like they double the price after converting it to dollars. There are many more affordable options for quality clothes in the UK than in the US.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    The 21 club I am from Scotland but got married in NYC we had our wedding dinner there as it is featured in one Bond and mentioned in another. He dines in the 21 with Tiffany case. And at the end of Live & Let die he tells Felix that he will meet him at 21 club when they get to New York. You can go in just for drink or make reservations for dinner.

http://www.21club.com/web/onyc/21_club.jsp
    21 West 52nd Street, New York, New York 10019

Non Bond

This was Sinatra's favorite Gin joint.
    Rear Window: Grace Kelly has a waiter from "21" deliver dinner to a convalescing James Stewart at his apartment.
    Breakfast at Tiffany's: In Capote's novella, the narrator spots Holly Golightly at the restaurant
    Wall Street: Michael Douglas educates Charlie Sheen on the finer things in life (steak tartare and expensive suits).
    In the series finale of Breaking Bad, Gretchen Schwartz mentions that she wants to have dinner at the 21 Club to her husband, Elliott.

-{
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Don't forget to visit Blackleiter Castle.
    A place of sheer decadence, self- indulgence and showplace of weekly orgies :D

Thanks for the free advertising! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No trainers allowed. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Over vodka martinis Bond suggests shellfish and hock (a knuckle of pork) might get him the girl. Tiffany responds:
    “Listen, Bond… it’d take more than Crab-meat Ravigotte to get me into bed with a man.” Tiffany calls
    the 21 Club a hot dog stand.

The 21 is also mentioned in Dr. No and OO7 in New York.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Yes it is mentioned twice in Bond lore, but Sweet Smell Of Success is the ultimate 21 Club movie.

"Match me, Sidney."
  • lilusakolilusako Southern California Posts: 311MI6 Agent
    You could go to Sardi's close to Times Square. Bond and Leiter meet over lunch in Diamonds are Forever. The food is pretty good, though if you go for dinner I recommend going after the Broadway crowd (closer to the 8pm show time).

"They moved out on to the street and Bond noticed that Leiter walked with a heavy limp. “In Texas even the fleas are so rich they can hire themselves dogs. Let’s go. Sardi’s is just over the way.”
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    NYC is just another spot I'd like to do a "return" fan event. We did three days of tours there last time--uptown and Harlem, midtown and downtown, hours of Live and Let Die and EON and Fleming locations...
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    OT, I went to Vespers in Las Vegas over the summer, the cocktail is their trademark...not worth a visit, alas. Much better Vespers available here in Baltimore and the atmosphere there was not great.