Bond's Flat?

CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
I hope the Express article turns out to be true. If it is to be Bond's flat, it looks like it fit's Fleming's version from the outside with a Regency look and the bay windows.
image.jpg

ba1.jpg

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Like I said earlier, I hope we see May -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I hope the Express article turns out to be true. If it is to be Bond's flat, it looks like it fit's Fleming's version from the outside with a Regency look and the bay windows.
    image.jpg

ba1.jpg

Nice!

Looks great -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Similar to the Chelsea flat that Fleming gave Bond, and also very similar to one of the homes that Fleming himself had. Hope it's true!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    What's happening in April, that everyone's worried we
    Won't see May ? ;) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    Ooops. Notting Hill :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

:)) :)) :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Maybe I'll be disappointed, but I'm beginning to think in this movie I will see everything I wanted to see in a Bond film. This Craig era is a dream come true. First CR, the Holy Grail novel, comes alive. Now Blofeld and SPECTRE might be back. And after four decades, we might see Bond's flat again. Great.

Maybe May's scenes are shot in April, which sounds weird, but isn't.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    God help all of us memorabilia collectors if they do indeed show Bond's flat. This might do me in, but at least I'll die happy :007)

(Crossing fingers that he doesn't have a $5,000 toaster)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Too get to see inside Bonds pad ,will be the crowning glory. I can just see it now Minigeff showing off his new kettle,
    Thunderpussy asking if any knows a stockist in Northern Ireland for cutlery, AOS wanting to know if any one can make curtains ,ASP9MM wants those saucepans, ,Higgins wants that shoe rack for all his trainers , :) :) I dread to think
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    :)) I can't wait -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    no, Asp9mm would like to know the make of his bedpan :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    God help all of us memorabilia collectors if they do indeed show Bond's flat. This might do me in, but at least I'll die happy :007)

The ultimate memorabilia - a london flat!!!!!!

My wife's going to kill me...
    I don't know why, but from the last 2 times we saw the inside of Bonds flat, I just had it in my minds eye,that it was on the ground floor, that's how I imagined it , 8-)
    Me too, always imagined. Him having a bottom flat, unless
    It's over two floors ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yes ,very strange ,as most flats in that area are at least 3 to stories high, and I suppose a member will tell us ,that a 1st floor flat is more secure ,than a ground floor one to wich we will agree on .But as I said earlier, I just imagined him to be
    on the ground , :D
    edited December 2014
    He'll have a hell of a job putting the bins out ! :))

I wonder if who ever owns the flat, knows it will now be a Bond
    Tourist attraction. With Hundreds of Bond fans coming to visit. :D
    Getting photos as if opening the door etc. :))
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    no, Asp9mm would like to know the make of his bedpan :)) :)) :))

We don't have bedpans anymore over here. You Germans really need to stop making cars and guns and start making toilets and plumbing.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:

The ultimate memorabilia - a london flat!!!!!!

My wife's going to kill me...

Aw crap, now that that's in my head...
    I don't know why, but from the last 2 times we saw the inside of Bonds flat, I just had it in my minds eye,that it was on the ground floor, that's how I imagined it , 8-)

In LALD it was on the ground floor. However, when reading the novels I imagined a second floor.
    In the Books, Bonds Flat has a small Library in it.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I always imagined a ground floor flat in the books. I think in the book OHMSS he wonders if he can rent the floor above his for when he married Tracey
    SEE, we can play nicely :))
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    Looks more and more like this IS Bond's flat:

naomie_harris_joins_daniel_craig_spectre_06x.jpg

naomie_harris_joins_daniel_craig_spectre_03.jpg

Let's hope it is and not Moneypennys' flat where Bond has spent the night and she's off to work. I really don't feel that. I'm going with it being Bond's flat.

In the novels, his flat was on the ground floor. However, even though it was in a converted Regency house, it doesn't mean Bond did not own the whole house. It could have been inherited from his family (and May came along with it). It was converted to probably modernize and reconfigure the interior footprint. The second and third floors might have been utilized for storage and and a living area for May.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    In SF mi6 sold his flat when they thought he was dead, that was obviously the ground floor flat of Dr No and LALD and he has since purchased a first floor flat! Come on guys keep up :))
    :)) That explains everything ! :D
    Glad to be of service TP and I bet you have been scouring the internet trying to find the make of his dressing gown, come on be honest :)) :))
    :)) I've had one for ages, I think Bond copies ME !!! :))
    :)) We all do TP :))