Skyfall Fitness Evaluation - NOW AVAILABLE

SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
I've been working on duplicating the evaluation from Skyfall the best I can. There's 3 pages of the screen used report thathave been photographed that I've found. Not sure if there are more floating around. I've duplicated the pages pretty closely, though I couldn't read the writing at the bottom of one.

I've also taken to creating additional filler pages based on what I think may have been the results of the types of tests they showed in the movie. For instance, here's what I came up with for his marksmanship test. It sort of follows the format/fonts of the other sheets, but is designed to show the results of his actual test:

MARKSMANSHIP.jpg

EDIT: I've got some extra finished evaluation sets for sale. See post 38.

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Remember he used the PPK 7.65mm in that scene ;)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Interestingly Jonathon the movie clearly shows 9 holes in the target and you hear 9 shots. The PPK/S has an 8+1 capacity whereas the PPK has only 7+1 which seems to point toward it being a PPK/S being used. I cannot find a clear/HiRes enough still to confirm this. Thoughts?
    edited January 2015
    It's a continuity thing. He doesn't get the PPK/S until later in the film, and he's holding a PPK in that scene. PPK in 7.65mm is 7 +1 and PPK/S in 9mm is 7 +1. I guess there may have been a mag change somewhere that may have been cut, or the editing crew don't care about continuity :D It's better than the old days when he used to have unlimited mag capacity I guess :))

EDIT: We could get around it by assuming he had the larger 8 round capacity mag for the PPK. They exist too but with a larger finger rest. Or indeed by assuming he had a 7.65 PPK/S. Sadly though, he is clearly holding a 7.65 marked PPK with regular finger spur mag. How annoying.

Larger capacity PPK mag. Rare beasties...

PPK_GV_0003_zps1b5188c8.jpg
    Well, he doesn't get the PPK/S Signature until later in the film but why can this not be a standard PPK/S, or can you definitively say that this was a PPK. I will have a look shortly to see if the slide locks back after the last round. It would make more sense to me than just firing one round from a new mag, especially given the mood he's in.

EDIT: Interesting to see the extended mag.
    edited January 2015
    I can 100% say it was a PPK, I know which one of the few (and serial #) they supplied to the production that was used in this scene (they were all 7.65mm, even the one briefly seen with the PPK/S[ignature] grips). Not sure what they were trying with that scene though. He does shoot 9 rounds and the slide does lock back. Which suggests (real world and not film) it's a PPK with extended mag or PPK/S in 7.65. Certainly can't be 9mm though in either models as the capacity would be lower.

Image of the bore showing it was 7.65 with PPK grip...

800px-SkyfallRangeTremble01239_zps3e50fb67.jpg
    Fair enough, time to blame Mr Skottowe then :s
    edited January 2015
    I blame whoever was in charge of continuity. Like they care :))

You used to be able to get an aftermarket PPK mag spur, that while the same shape as the regular one, was solid bottomed and allowed the spring to compress into it and then you had extra space for one extra round in the mag. Don't know if they still make them for the PPK, but they still do them for Glock 26's, and they improved that no end..

glock_26_07.jpg
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    I camethisclose to getting a 26 a few years back but got a 19 instead. Didn't like my pinky hanging over the end. That mag would of have solved it. Waiting now for them to do the single-stack in a 9 similar to the 42 (which seemed to fit my hand better than the 26). If that turns out well they'll have my money.

As to the evaluation, I'd looked up the capacity of the PPK and PPK/S and realized that the 9 shots didn't make sense. I counted them on the back of the target you could see and counted them off as I heard them - 9. I used a screen capture to duplicate the actual outline graphic of the target they used and tried the best I could to match what I saw on the back of the target to the graphics on the front.

I thought that since MI6 issued 007 the PPK/S 9mm that maybe that was the standard agency-wide now and what he'd be testing on. I'm not that well versed on the variations of the PPK's so I couldn't tell the difference as far as what I saw onscreen. If he's using the regular PPK onscreen, then that's what I'll change my evaluation to represent.

GREAT FEEDBACK GUYS!
    I'm up to 8 pages total. I've added self assessments (like what is seen on one of the pages floating around) regarding Bond's drinking/prescription drug attitudes, the word association test and a physical assessment diagram that you can sort of see through one of the pages that was shown at one of the prop exhibits.

Also, it's my belief that these were A4 sheets comb blinded with some sort of black cover. You can see the black cover as M flips through the pages during her meeting with 007 and Mallory.

cover.jpg
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    I'm up to 8 pages total. I've added self assessments (like what is seen on one of the pages floating around) regarding Bond's drinking/prescription drug attitudes, the word association test and a physical assessment diagram that you can sort of see through one of the pages that was shown at one of the prop exhibits.

Also, it's my belief that these were A4 sheets comb blinded with some sort of black cover. You can see the black cover as M flips through the pages during her meeting with 007 and Mallory.

cover.jpg

HI SFPROPS, new to forum but been reading for ages. I photographed the prop reports at the London Bond In Motion, and can am pretty sure they did have the cover as you describe. The photo I tool does show what seems to be the black covers folded into the bindind
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    That's an even better photo than I currently have. You can almost make out the text on the page behind the "overview." I've already done a page based on what I could make out from a lower resolution photo of that page, so now I'm going to go back and tweak. I wish I had something that showed the text at the very bottom of the other shown sheet. Now I can see "...the secret security service act to" at least.

THANKS!
    SFPROPS wrote:
    That's an even better photo than I currently have. You can almost make out the text on the page behind the "overview." I've already done a page based on what I could make out from a lower resolution photo of that page, so now I'm going to go back and tweak. I wish I had something that showed the text at the very bottom of the other shown sheet. Now I can see "...the secret security service act to" at least.

THANKS!

This is a close up from the original picture I took, a bit more writing....
    image.jpg
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Looking through my Bond In Motion pics, I came across these two of the Eval Report -

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

Hope they help you out.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    DBS wrote:
    Looking through my Bond In Motion pics, I came across these two of the Eval Report -

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

Hope they help you out.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Top man, they are much better than my ones
    Those two shots are tremendous help! The bottom of the first page was the only part I couldn't make out from other photos I had and they are high enough resolution that I can almost make out the page behind the second one. I'm going to try and post a few more samples this evening.

THANKS!
    SFPROPS wrote:
    Those two shots are tremendous help! The bottom of the first page was the only part I couldn't make out from other photos I had and they are high enough resolution that I can almost make out the page behind the second one. I'm going to try and post a few more samples this evening.

THANKS!

Again with DBS pictures I think you can make out the black card covers folded into the papers
    Ok, I've taken the higher resolution shots that Tennyson and DBS have so graciously provided into Photoshop and played with the black levels until I could read a bit of what was underneath the page to the right. I've had to substitute some text that I couldn't read, but I think that this is pretty close otherwise.

evaluation5.jpg
    IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

YOUTUBE VIDEO
    http://youtu.be/bEozVsVIYeY

Black covers, gold foil logo on front cover. 11 interior pages.

Thoughts?
    That looks damned fine.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Nicely done, SFProps!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Looks great {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Great work -{
    YNWA 97
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Nice work. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Fantastic efforts mate, very very well done!

Just a thought, but a dossier like this with a page for every one of Bond's adversaries over the years might be cool....
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Mingeff: That would indeed be neat. I've seen low resolution photos of the file they had on Le Chifre and I know they've done others. That would be some undertaking however!

I've got some Bond MI6 ID's (with a little different spin than what's been offered before - something I think that would make them more accurate) I'm going to do with these reports and a copy of his Obit. It will be the "From Dead and Back" collection. :))
    I've updated my website with some more photos/info on the set I'm putting together. I'm doing some extras as people have asked me about that, and I should have all my costs/shipping figured out in the next day or so. I've got to see what kind of boxes or envelopes I'm going to be able to put these in to minimize shipping costs.

http://www.aok-media.com/MI6/deadandback.html
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Nice work mate, this is gonna be a real treat for us prop collectors.

I don't usually go for paper stuff, but your work, along with that of Andy's and Rob's has peaked my interest. It's actually quite an eye opener when you get hold of the real deal and see the level of detail that goes into them, from properly written letter and reports to dates and addresses; stuff you'd never see on screen but it's still all in there.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I've got 10 extra sets done for people who want them (plus 2 free reserved for people who helped with reference for the evaluations). I'm waiting on some shipping envelopes that I hope will allow for these to be safely shipped with a minimum cost. Once I have those I'll have people who are interested PM me. I may or may not go on to my next project once those are taken depending on demand. So, there will be a minimum of 10 available, but that might be the maximum as well. :))
    Just spending a little time while I wait for shipping envelopes to be delivered...
    IMG_2306.jpg

These things where all over the files, folders and documents in Skyfall
    Screen_Shot_2015_01_25_at_9_59_33_PM_copy.jpg
    FOR HIGGINGS:
    IMG_2306.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015_01_25_at_9_59_33_PM_copy.jpg

Depending on time contstraints, this may be a little "value added" proposition....
  • tds123tds123 USAPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    Your version is misspelled "RECIEVED" instead of "RECEIVED" I before E except after C. :D