PSA: Mango Bomber Jacket $39.99 VIDEO ADDED

hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who might be interested. The Mango Bomber Jacket is on sale. This could be a very good option to the Tom Ford Spectre jacket.

http://shop.mango.com/US/p0/men/clothing/outerwear/faux-shearling-applique-bomber-jacket/?id=33025598_02&n=1&s=prendas_he.abrigos_he&ident=0__0_1421296239084&ts=1421296239084

VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7Zfb0g4Ks
instagram.com/dressinglikebond

Comments

• 006G006G Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    does it look as high quality as it does in the pictures? I saw blair's picture and it didn't have the same texture as the Tom Ford.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    006G wrote:
    does it look as high quality as it does in the pictures? I saw blair's picture and it didn't have the same texture as the Tom Ford.

For £25 ??? I would hope not as good as TF !

I have one and its a great jacket, wearing well and a nice fit. Defo worth the small amount they are charging...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,515Chief of Staff
    It's onsale at Mango in the UK for £29.99....seriously thinking of getting one for that price...what's the fit like ?
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    It's onsale at Mango in the UK for £29.99....seriously thinking of getting one for that price...what's the fit like ?

just cancelled my order based upon this information :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yea...I've heard you are taking fashion tips from Higgins now :o :))
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I got myself the one from Zara, it's currently also on sale (base price was around 150$, currently it's around 70$ in Poland, so I bet anywhere else too). It's not black/navy though but I actually love the colour and the fit is gorgeous!

http://static.zara.net/photos//2014/I/0/2/p/0706/347/819/2/w/1024/0706347819_1_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1412784102373
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I'm probably gonna go to the Mango store in Copenhagen tomorrow and check it out and perhaps buy it. I can do a little write up afterwards.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yea...I've heard you are taking fashion tips from Higgins now :o :))

indeed, one of his day-glow 80's clod-hoppers makes for a perfect sleeping bag.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I'm probably gonna go to the Mango store in Copenhagen tomorrow and check it out and perhaps buy it. I can do a little write up afterwards.

If you can, could you remove the fur collar to see what it looks like without it? Also the fit and finish. Thanks.
    Wondering if I can take the Mango Jacket to a Taylor and have him remove the flaps of the side pockets and remove the zip hider.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    When my jacket arrives I will do a video on it with and without the fur collar!
  • Colonel DukeColonel Duke Posts: 63MI6 Agent
    I ordered one of these on Christmas, though I can't comment on how they fit or look because one week later they cancelled my order after charging my card.

I called customer service and was told, "that just happens sometimes." It took around 10 days to be refunded for the purchase I never received and they cancelled. I was told to order again even though they still had my money! Hope everyone else has a better experience.
  • Ellipsis007Ellipsis007 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    I ordered one of these on Christmas, though I can't comment on how they fit or look because one week later they cancelled my order after charging my card.

I called customer service and was told, "that just happens sometimes." It took around 10 days to be refunded for the purchase I never received and they cancelled. I was told to order again even though they still had my money! Hope everyone else has a better experience.

Mango's customer service are a nightmare, I know this from previous experiences.
    But isn't the Zara one actually a better alternative? It has not a detachable collar, it is made out of synthetic nubuck leather and it's tight fitted - which makes it a close alternative. The one thing that is off is of course the colour but I'm thinking about dyeing it.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I initially bought the Zara one, then returned it when I saw the TF coat had a wool like material, rather than the sheepskin type look/feel the Zara one has.

The Mango coat is great, I thought that when I paid £42, if it's now £29.99 it is an absolute steal!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    If you go for one , best to size up
    according to their size guide I was supposed to be a M but needed a L
    Excellent jacket and cracking value for money.
    fingers crossed its a TF alternative seen in the movie 8-)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    007 reporting for duty
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    All Saints have a fur collared short bomber, with large zipped pockets and a biker style slant full zip. Very nice and 50% off at £129......
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    I bought the Mango version before Christmas and I'd advise you all to go up a size as it's a very snug fit. I usually buy a UK size small in jackets (38" chest) but I had to get a medium.
    It's also very warm, I wore it out last weekend with just a wool jumper underneath and it kept me very warm, which was surprising considering how crap the weather is here in London at the moment.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    MrZareba I saw that one in Zara when I was over in Dublin and nearly bought it but they didn't have my size, that's another one you'd have to get a larger size in. I'd be interested to see a couple of pictures of it being worn as it does look good.
    MrZareba I saw that one in Zara when I was over in Dublin and nearly bought it but they didn't have my size, that's another one you'd have to get a larger size in. I'd be interested to see a couple of pictures of it being worn as it does look good.

I can upload some pictures of it later :) I bought an XL (I'm 195cm tall, 104cm chest currently) and since I lost some weight recently it fits almost perfectly. I have to loose another 3-4 kg maybe and it will look absolutely stunning, it's definitely not a garnment for couch potatoes! :)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    All Saints have a fur collared short bomber, with large zipped pockets and a biker style slant full zip. Very nice and 50% off at £129......

I don't know about the material though. Seems like a nylon or something.
    Thanks for the feedback, gents -{

Probably best to go to my nearest store and try one on...
    YNWA 97
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    So did everyone who sized up live in Britain or Europe? Since the sizing in the US in different (a US L is a UK/Eur XL) would the US be true to size?
    So did everyone who sized up live in Britain or Europe? Since the sizing in the US in different (a US L is a UK/Eur XL) would the US be true to size?

I am in the US and I have found Mango to be true to my size. I will report back when mine gets here in the next week.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Sadly, the Mango store in Copenhagen was only women's wear, so I didn't have the chance to look at it in person...
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    this is the large size , crap photo but might help with sizing :)
    IMG_1395.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
    Here is the one from Zara. My lifted arm kind of destroys the whole fit but you might have an idea how it looks like :)
    DSC01141.jpg
    Mine is out for delivery. I will report back with pics and a full video review!
    Mine just got here. Instantly feel in love with this jacket! It is really nice! I got a small and it fits very well. Its snug but there is still plenty of room. I must say its a great alternative to the Tom Ford jacket. Especially at $40!!

I will have a video of it hopefully later tonight.

Here are some pics.

2isiiog.jpg
    2ykyz9e.jpg
    edited January 2015
    The jacket seems to be a relaxed fit as I see? I'm really not sure if the Zara one is not a better alternative with a very narrow cut, something Craig would wear in a hero shot.