Nolan to direct B25?

Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
I was just re-watching the SPECTRE announcement and when Mendes announces the new editor as Lee Smith, I decided to give him a quick google.
Saw he was the editor for Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy and obviously Hoyte Van Hoytema is on board for SPECTRE and he worked with Nolan on Interstellar.

Just made me wonder whether things are slipping into place for Nolan to take over from Mendes for the next film?

I think if SPECTRE is successful, they'll try and get Mendes to do one last one with Craig before Craig's contract is up.

I've seen a few people on here discuss maybe Nolan taking over when it's time for a new Bond so Bond 26 perhaps?
"You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"

Comments

• MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    The problem with Nolan is that he has a style of directing that is hard to match. Imagine if someone else had directed TDK? So, if he was to do Bond, he'd have to do a few films, potentially have a director-actor team, so a certain actor will only act in Nolan's films. But it would have to be in the style of the Dark Knight. It is evident where he has taken inspiration from some of the Bond films in his films, but some elements of this one in particular are a lot like the Bond films. There are a few lines of comedy, an OTT but memorable villain, a good score and he knows how to tell a story. But if he only did one film, the next one would differ. It would fill different. Overall, yes, I would like to see him take on Bond, but only if he does a series of films.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I too feel that Nolan would have to do a series of Bond films. Perhaps two or three. I would assume three since that's what he did with Batman. Not to get completely on the hype train. But those Batman movies do have problems. Now that I think about it, the Dark Knight Rises ending is almost a Bond ending more than a Batman ending as Batman would never retire with the girl. But Bond ending with the girl is 99% of the time the ending.
    "Better late than never."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although I wouldn't like Bond to start talking in that deep, raspy
    Batman voice ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I'm betting on Nolan for Bond25. I even started a thread about his Inception Bond homages. I think those were like giving EON his calling card, "Christopher Nolan, movie director, Bond fan". He will have his chance.

If SPECTRE and Bond25 turn out to be what I imagine, they're in good hands in Mendes' and Nolan's.
  • TheQBranchTheQBranch Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    I think a Nolan directed Bond movie could be pretty cool. Virgil37 pointed out, Nolan loves OHMSS. Though sometimes I think Nolan seems like too obvious a choice. Mendes was a total surprise not only when he was chosen, but also that he managed to helm one of the best in the franchise. He also brought over a very signature look to the film that differentiates SF from every other Bond.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Had to ressurect this topic after doing a little bit of searching on the forums.

I really like the idea of Nolan directing a Bond movie (or more than one for that matter).
    Most of his films are breathtaking, and as a lot of others pointed out in this topic he is a huge fan of the franchise himself, especially OHMSS. He's arguably one of the best directors out there at the moment, (Scorsese, Tarentino and Spielberg aside..)
    I think it would be awesome to have him come aboard one day and see what he could bring to the franchise.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I too think he would be one of the best choices but since the producers now are slowly going back to a more classic (and lighter) Bond I don't think he will be announced.
    but I'd love to see the return of a former Bond-director ;)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • GoldHildingGoldHilding WinnipegPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    The chances of Nolan doing Bond is ridiculously slim unfortunately.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I too think he would be one of the best choices but since the producers now are slowly going back to a more classic (and lighter) Bond I don't think he will be announced.

I think Guy Hamilton, Lewis Gilbert and John Glen are all too old. ;) I certainly wouldn't want to see the return of any other living Bond director. Maybe Michael Apted, but he's probably too old now too.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

I think Guy Hamilton, Lewis Gilbert and John Glen are all too old. ;) I certainly wouldn't want to see the return of any other living Bond director. Maybe Michael Apted, but he's probably too old now too.
    74yo now so I guess too old.
    same goes for martin campbell
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

74yo now so I guess too old.
    same goes for martin campbell

Campbell is too old, but I really don't like him as a Bond director anyway.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Debonair BondThe Debonair Bond Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    I'm not a fan of Nolan to be honest. I think if he did one, it would be too dark for Bond anyway.

Because in all honesty Bond is never really particularly gritty or dark, even when it is gritty and dark.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Would have loved to see Campbell finish off what he started with DCs Bond, but yeah too old and I think he said he had enough of them (didn't he have to be heavily persuaded to do CR anyhow?)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    If it's a one-time movie, I'd like to see Steven Soderbergh take a shot. He's more flexible than Nolan, who I think is used to having things his way. At one time Soderbergh was set to do U.N.C.L.E., so the spy genre must interest him.

And with Amy Pascal gone from Sony maybe there won't be any disturbing personality conflicts. :))
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    If it's a one-time movie, I'd like to see Steven Soderbergh take a shot. He's more flexible than Nolan, who I think is used to having things his way. At one time Soderbergh was set to do U.N.C.L.E., so the spy genre must interest him.

And with Amy Pascal gone from Sony maybe there won't be any disturbing personality conflicts. :))

Soderbergh could be intresting too, can't help but get all kinds of Ocean's Eleven images in my head immediatly though. :P
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Nolan's films are very 'cold', he overcomplicates his plots to make them seem more intricate than they actually are and he can't direct action.

I like Nolan's films but he's not the great auteur his fanboys like to pretend he is.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Nolan's films are very 'cold', he overcomplicates his plots to make them seem more intricate than they actually are and he can't direct action.

I like Nolan's films but he's not the great auteur his fanboys like to pretend he is.

Well he's got me fooled...I love his films...and his action sequences -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have to admit, I too can't see anything wrong with his
    action sequences. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."