Skyfall Folding Knife

Did anyone ever identify the folding knife that Bond uses in Skyfall to excise the schrapnel out of his shoulder?

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    Did anyone ever identify the folding knife that Bond uses in Skyfall to excise the schrapnel out of his shoulder?

Yes, ASP9MM is your man ,on this item :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    It has been identified? Hmmmm....
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I know what it is but I was told in confidence.

Hens teeth doesn't even come close...
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    Where's ASP9MM when you need him..
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Skyfall? Done.
    26_bloody_butcher_knife_w529_h352_2x.jpg
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    tardis1711 wrote:
    Where's ASP9MM when you need him..

Keeping quiet :)) I know which knife it is, but it's impossible to source as it's 7 years old and not a very popular model and quickly discontinued. I've been looking for 2 years for it and only seen one with an all black blade and slabs.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Keeping quiet :)) I know which knife it is, but it's impossible to source as it's 7 years old and not a very popular model and quickly discontinued. I've been looking for 2 years for it and only seen one with an all black blade and slabs.

So which is it then? Just in case one of us knife collectors happens to have one? B-)
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

I see...

The Hensteeth Blade (#10076324). Hand-made by blind, vertically challenged, bearded craftsmen in a small wooden shed in the outer reaches of the Black Forest, the Hensteeth Blade is one of the most scarce of all cutting instruments and a masterpiece of design and construction. Each blade is made from no fewer than 173 hen's teeth, each selected for its perfection, shape and sharpness with more than 82 teeth rejected for each one selected. The teeth are sealed together using orange plant semen with the form of each tooth perfectly matching the form of the one beside it to create a perfect blade. The handle is made from worm hair, tightly woven to provide grip and strength. Advance orders are accepted now with delivery expected in 3-4 years.
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

I see...

The Hensteeth Blade (#10076324). Hand-made by blind, vertically challenged, bearded craftsmen in a small wooden shed in the outer reaches of the Black Forest, the Hensteeth Blade is one of the most scarce of all cutting instruments and a masterpiece of design and construction. Each blade is made from no fewer than 173 hen's teeth, each selected for its perfection, shape and sharpness with more than 82 teeth rejected for each one selected. The teeth are sealed together using orange plant semen with the form of each tooth perfectly matching the form of the one beside it to create a perfect blade. The handle is made from worm hair, tightly woven to provide grip and strength. Advance orders are accepted now with delivery expected in 3-4 years.

HOLY MOLY!!!! That's just what I have, two of them; one as a user and one as safe queen!!!! I'll post pictures as soon as I'll get a camera....
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    Can of worms. ::open::

:))
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    Can of worms. ::open::

:))

Indeed. Legend has it that a whole can of worms is also used in the making of each Hensteeth blade...
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In fact the worm's teeth are used to sharpen the Hen's teeth ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    In fact the worm's teeth are used to sharpen the Hen's teeth ! ;)

:)) {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

I see...

You know what, you? I believe you.
    The price must be jaw dropping.
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know or do all the so-called bond collectors and prop makers just like to pretend to know to look knowledgable? I've been on loads of threads like these where it always seems to be a case of 'I know but I'm going to let people guess' or 'user such'n'such knows he'll tell you' but then never shows up.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    I have no doubt Asp9mm knows. But it sounds as if he's looking for it, and he doesn't want competition out there on the hunt. I don't blame him.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I have no doubt Asp9mm knows. But it sounds as if he's looking for it, and he doesn't want competition out there on the hunt. I don't blame him.

That's one thing, another one is that sometimes you obtain the info from someone actually working on the movie. You don't want to compromise such a person because the info is almost always confidential. This board is not always about just asking for information and getting it "because reasons", in the end most of the long standing members here know the stuff but it's because we all pretty much trust each other and one will surely help the other in the next case ;)
    I was under the assumption when I started this topic that it was possible that someone knew the answer, but was in a situation where they didn't feel comfortable sharing it publicly. Not because they were selfish with info, but because for various reasons it was not in their best interest to share. I'm sure once whoever has the info finds one for themselves, they'll let everyone else know. It's all good. :007)
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately, that's the way it works. Eg when I was the first to identify the GE Monocular I shared the info with two people on the understanding that it was confidential until we had all acquired an example and hence avoiding a bidding war, selfish maybe but when you think about it who can blame us. Same with the AVTAK Avalanche transceiver and the GF Delta 9 Cannister. Once we have an example each then the info can be released to those who ask. I once did toy with the idea of a database of Bond props detailing exact models, what something was originally made from etc, but having discussed with others it became apparent that half the fun is in the research and if everything is just handed out on a plate to all comers then it devalues our hobby and our collections. I respect other collectors with the same philosophy even if I am not in their particular circle of trust. :#
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Does anyone know or do all the so-called bond collectors and prop makers just like to pretend to know to look knowledgable? I've been on loads of threads like these where it always seems to be a case of 'I know but I'm going to let people guess' or 'user such'n'such knows he'll tell you' but then never shows up.

You could look on the flip side of it.

Say I search tirelessly, I gain the needed contacts, I'm entrusted with confidential information, in some cases money changes hands in order to gain said info. There's trust to be earnt, reputations to uphold and friendships maintained.

And then people are supposed to throw all that out the window just because you want to know?

Some might say how about you find out the hard way like others have done.

Not meaning to sound horrible or point fingers, but I don't think anyone's being quiet purely to be an arse, on the contrary, people are staying quiet because they HAVE enough integrity to stick to their word, not lack integrity to the point they blurt out confidential info.

Who would you most like to deal with? The answer says much about yourself...

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Seriously, I've been a part of many different genres of collecting, and in the short time I've been active here I've found people to be very reasonable about giving information compared to other areas of collecting. I haven't really found anyone who has hoarded info just so that they can be "KING OF ALL KNOWLEDGE" here. There are places where that's commonplace.

As it's been stated, there are valid reasons for people not to share, most of which has nothing to do simply with trying to look superior or not wanting the information to be free. I have no problem with that, and have myself been in situations where this was a necessary evil. Part of the game, I'm afraid.
    Nobody knows everything.

The rail riser on Moneypenny's M4 carbine in Skyfall? Still trying to source it. One member had told me they know what it is, but they didn't say. I have my suspicions and ideas, and like Andy says, half the fun is looking. I'll get more satisfaction when I work it out myself.

Imagine the 'guess the prop' thread if the answer was provided with the obscure pic :))

Not much fun huh.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    As a bit of a knife nut this has been naffing me off for a while, I've trawled through folders for hours trying to locate it so makes sense if its discontinued. To my eye it looks like it must be a Magnum, (a Boker line) but the model? They make new models like hot dinners. These are current models but similar design cues.

magnum-co-worke_89B87A09_large.jpg

01sc146.jpg

Other than that I'm at a loss. One thing to note is do we not see the back of the knife? So normally a pocket clip would be on that side? Maybe it's on the butt end.

Of course this is all conjecture and utterly without any evidence, I'm thinking of starting jamesbondknives.com what do you think? :))

I just need a few good secrets and the rest I can pad out with fluff :v
    I agree about the Boker. Before I posted this topic, I went through every single page on their website catalog but came up short. They either all had the thumb studs or didn't have the right shape to the handle.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    1. When there's one on eBay for $250 U.S. I know I'd feel like bidding, buying than sharing.

2. My sister has the same thing as a makeup artist. Most of the dish in People and Tattler magazines are from makeup artists and she keeps her mouth shut. She also doesn't ask for autographs, usually, but has gotten me some Bond ones...

3. It's painful for me to research locations or work with movie and book people directly than see others charging money to bring their groups through without credit or thanks.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I must confess that if I was able to identify something and wanted one for myself, I wouldn't share that information with anyone other than a few close friends/contacts until I had indeed obtained one for myself. If I didn't want one, I'd be happy to share it but otherwise my generosity would only kick in once I'd helped myself first!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    Yeah…and this is a for what it is worth statement… If I was desperately seeking an item which I had identified I completely understand being guarded about the identity until I acquired one for myself… But I just don't understand the concept of not sharing the fruits of my research with like minded collectors if that were not the issue… I get the idea of how fun the chase of identification can be, but then to me the reward is sharing the information with others who would appreciate the discovery.. Absent the desire to pick up the item first before I would share the information I don't get why one would remain silent.. Kind of the idea of participating in a collector's forum.. but anyhoo...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    MFisher wrote:
    Absent the desire to pick up the item first before I would share the information I don't get why one would remain silent.. Kind of the idea of participating in a collector's forum.. but anyhoo...

Perhaps you've just answered your own question...?...and sometimes...sometimes...when promising to keep a confidence...you decide to do just that...trust...hard earned, easily lost...
    YNWA 97
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    The idea of maintaining a promise wasn't lost on me Miles… That is an obvious point… I was speaking on the concept of doing the research oneself.. and eventually identifying something, but yet not sharing the information because you had "worked so hard" and weren't going to just give it away… (which was mentioned before in this discussion).. Thats the concept I find hilarious for a collector's forum.. For one, its a hobby.. we are identifying random things.. Some of the comments in this thread are a riot.. like they think they've found the cure for cancer or something and they are guarding their research…. But in the end all they did was identified what socks 007 wears..
    I think that there's a difference if you are maintaining silence because something is rare, and you're trying to find an example yourself. Why would you go to all the trouble, then have everyone else luck into finding the only specimens left to get or pay an outrageous price because it's on eBay and everyone and his brother is trying to get the same thing? I've found stuff that other people shared with me that they are looking for and I've made sure they got whatever it was before I did.

I'm not one for being silent just so other people can't get what I have though. That does exist and I'm not a fan of that.
This discussion has been closed.