Airwolf: Hi-Tek Espionage the 80's Way

chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
Any fans of Stringfellow Hawke hereabouts? I have the first season on DVD, a toy Airwolf, two models, and a couple of patches- however I just never found the right jacket to sew them to.
Beginning with the second season Airwolf mostly got dumbed down, but "Fallen Angel" was just as good as most first season episodes, IMO.

Anyone have it on Blu Ray? It's not available that way here in the States.
Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,669MI6 Agent
    I wonder if it may have inspired John Gardner to write Win, Lose or Die (1989)?

I don't have it on DVD or Blu Ray unfortunately.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Could be- it was on '84 to '86.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,669MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Could be- it was on '84 to '86.

That's what I thought. Interesting. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    I had a model kit of both Airwolf and Blue Thunder - essential viewing at the time, along with Streethawk, Hardcastle & McCormick and of course Knight Rider and The A team - the 80s really were great! :D
    Holden wrote:
    I had a model kit of both Airwolf and Blue Thunder - essential viewing at the time, along with Streethawk, Hardcastle & McCormick and of course Knight Rider and The A team - the 80s really were great! :D
    Don't forget Magnum! Higgins wouldn't like that!

I was just looking at Airwolf today & I'm kind of stunned how well it's aged. First season, anyway.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Well, if we're talking Donald P Bellisario, from the 80s, I would add Tales of the gold monkey, as well; another very enjoyable series.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I always found it odd in Airwolf the pilot had a young face
    but a 90 year old neck ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I always found it odd in Airwolf the pilot had a young face
    but a 90 year old neck ! :))
    LOL, yeah, I know what you mean. Some shots where he turned his head you'd think they drew in lines. I think it was all the sun (Jan-Michael was a surfer dude).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That might explain it. In our house he was known
    as old wrinkley neck.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."