Last night while watching OHMSS...

75vette75vette South Outer BanksPosts: 82MI6 Agent
...the final frame of Blofeld's bullet hole through the windscreen of Bond's car which kills Tracey caused my mind to immediately jump to the new SPECTRE poster of the bullet hole. Anyone else notice the similarity?

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes -{ This was noticed on the SPECTRE Reveal :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ProjectormanProjectorman Burnley Lancashire Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I noticed the same thing ( thread -just noticed something - or am I thick ) but it is just a bullet hole in glass - unlike the spectre poster which is glass with a bullet hole in it- simples
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    It was a nice touch on launch day and definitely no coincidence. So all bodes well.. -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • 75vette75vette South Outer BanksPosts: 82MI6 Agent
    I'm late to the party as usual, but having not watched OHMSS in forever when I watched the SPECTRE reveal it didn't even register with me until I rewatched OHMSS last night...needless to say I need to brush up on my Blofeld history :)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    It was a nice touch on launch day and definitely no coincidence. So all bodes well.. -{

Actually I think the similarity to the bullethole in OHMSS probably is just a coincidence, but we'll see.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Actually I think the similarity to the bullethole in OHMSS probably is just a coincidence, but we'll see.

Do you think so BL? It just seems that to similarly reproduce such an iconic part of the film series' history and with the other (albeit still vague) similarities between this film and OHMSS it couldn't be just coincidental..?? I don't think we're in for major links to OHMSS or anything like that, I just think it's a nod to OHMSS and the legacy of Spectre that never went away..
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    To me it is more than a co incidence - a single bullet killed Tracy - shot through a toughened glass windscreen which only partially shattered around the hole made by the bullet - fired by a spectre agent - the final shot in OHMSS lingers on this image as the credits roll - so to re cap - single styalised bullet hole in glass and the film title spectre - or is it just me?

Do you think so BL? It just seems that to similarly reproduce such an iconic part of the film series' history and with the other (albeit still vague) similarities between this film and OHMSS it couldn't be just coincidental..?? I don't think we're in for major links to OHMSS or anything like that, I just think it's a nod to OHMSS and the legacy of Spectre that never went away..

I tend to agree with you, RedKind...if we had no inkling that Blofeld "might" return in some way AND if the Bond powers that be were making this new film without any knowledge of the others, then maybe the bullet hole is simply a bullet hole. I don't believe there is any way this is just coincidence...at least I hope not!

Perhaps you're right. It could be a conscious nod to OHMSS on the part of the filmmakers. Afterall, the DB5 in SF was clearly a nod to Goldfinger. The good news is that we'll know in about 10 months! :007)
    Perhaps you're right. It could be a conscious nod to OHMSS on the part of the filmmakers. Afterall, the DB5 in SF was clearly a nod to Goldfinger. The good news is that we'll know in about 10 months! :007)

That's an eternity in Bond years, you know ;)
    75vette wrote:

That's an eternity in Bond years, you know ;)

Yes, it is! :)) :)) :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It should also be a warning for all of us driving in winter weather to
    Check our windscreens. ;)
    ( an AJB, safety message ) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It should also be a warning for all of us driving in winter weather to
    Check our windscreens. ;)
    ( an AJB, safety message ) :D

:p :p :p
    Any more wise cracks ?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It is AJB, so I'd expect a few to follow. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

I agree. The bullet hole in the windscreen was the first thing that came to mind when watching the launch. I don't think it means we're going to have the same story as OHMSS, but it means the poster's designer is familiar with past Bond films.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    BL knows a lot about Eternity ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    BL knows a lot about Eternity ;)

Well I used to, but that was a long time ago! :))
    'Whats my Name again?' :))
    'Whats my Name again?' :))

Who???
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    I think some are reading WAY too much into this :))

A nod at best -{
    YNWA 97
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    That's what they were going for. The glass also forms an Octopus, or Spectre with 8 tentacles
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    I would like it to be a sequel, as DAF was pretty bunk. But we're probably going to get some Quantum-related plot.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I think some are reading WAY too much into this :))

A nod at best -{

Indeed. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    A Reference is always nice :))
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Nice share. Did not even notice this.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."