New Bond related firearm

sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
Today I picked up my latest addition to my shooting "toys", a mint condition 1965 Smith & Wesson model 29/2 .44 magnum revolver ,6 1/2 " barrel. It is blued not nickle plated like the one used by RM in LALD so a bit more "Dirty Harry" . Adds to my 1911, P99 and PPK ,just a little different and a lot of fun to shoot -{ B-)

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I bet 'that made your day, punk' :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Then had a drink in celebration, but in all the excitement
    was it six shots or five ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Do we get a range report on any of these pistols?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wXDXh5rPMn0
    This would be very close, to what it would be like with
    Me with a .44 Magnum. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    First outing B-)

IMG_0192.jpg
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Please excuse my fire arms dumb-ness, :) but is that the same hand gun used by Hutch (David Soul) in Starsky @Hutch ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Please excuse my fire arms dumb-ness, :) but is that the same hand gun used by Hutch (David Soul) in Starsky @Hutch ,

No, he used the .357 Colt Python.
    Once again I'm going to show myself as being very stupid about guns, but here goes. :))
    From watching movies etc, I expected those bullet holes to be much bigger. :D
    I was expecting huge big holes. :))
    Once again I'm going to show myself as being very stupid about guns, but here goes. :))
    From watching movies etc, I expected those bullet holes to be much bigger. :D
    I was expecting huge big holes. :))

Exactly .44 of an inch , just punching through paper at approx 1300 ft per second , nice and clean, they will only expand when coing through something "solid" ie flesh, wood. ;)
    Ah!, that explains it. -{ from the movies, I was expecting big holes you
    Could put your fist through. :)) , as in " The Gauntlet" :))
    I attended a shooting one night, shot three times by a .22, in the hand, calf and sole of the foot (don't ask :s )the round in his hand went through the palm and the bullet ccould be seen below the skin on the back of his hand. He was so drunk he didn't even feel the shot in his foot and didn't want to go to hospital , he did though when he tried to stand :))
    :))
    I remember a video posted by chrisisall ( he sometimes posts sensible stuff) ;)
    In America a guy shot at his lawyer in the street and fired about eight shots, several
    Hit the lawyer but he didn't notice until the ambulance arrived to help. :))
    On QI one night they did say that most people when shot don't notice ! :D
    It's a fascinating subject. -{
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Thunderpussy, you may have been expecting big holes in the target due to explosive squibs being used in films for bullet "hits", even in paper targets,which always tear up the paper.
    Was that video you saw one of the shooter chasing his lawyer round and round a tree?
    The reactions of people upon being hit by bullets vary widely. There is even a case or two of people being hit by a .44 Magnum just sitting down and waiting patiently for the ambulance....

Regards,

Tecolote
    Yes, that was the video. I just find it an amazing
    Subject. :)
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Nice revolver,

But I thought you folks in the UK were forbidden shootable firearms?

:s
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Very nice...
    How's the recoil on that monster?
    I recently shot my new PPK 7.65, and it was just about enough for old arthritic wrists of mine.
    Other feller at the range had a .44, and I gave it a try. My God, you really have to be ready for that whollop!
    Enjoy the gun, and great thread on the lawyer round the trees...
    Tom
    7289 wrote:
    Nice revolver,

But I thought you folks in the UK were forbidden shootable firearms?

:s

In Great Britain (England, Scotland ,Wales) banned are self loading full bore rifles and pistols for target shooting ,though pistols are allowed for humane dispatch by vets and some pest control operators, game keepers and hunters.
    Everything else ,bolt and lever action smallbore and fullbore rifles, shotguns ,smallbore semi auto rifles can be held on a Firearms Certificate for legitimate sporting purposes. Hand guns can also be held by collectors on Section 7 licences but they are not allowed to possess ammunition for them other than on specified ranges.
    In Northern Ireland handguns can still be allowed for target shooting, including practical pistol, and, in some limited circumstances,personal protection.
    Very nice...
    How's the recoil on that monster?
    I recently shot my new PPK 7.65, and it was just about enough for old arthritic wrists of mine.
    Other feller at the range had a .44, and I gave it a try. My God, you really have to be ready for that whollop!
    Enjoy the gun, and great thread on the lawyer round the trees...
    Tom

Recoil is fine, no worse than the 2 3/4 inch 357 Ruger I used to carry .
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    I attended a shooting one night, shot three times by a .22, in the hand, calf and sole of the foot (don't ask :s )the round in his hand went through the palm and the bullet ccould be seen below the skin on the back of his hand. He was so drunk he didn't even feel the shot in his foot and didn't want to go to hospital , he did though when he tried to stand :))

I remember reading once , that a hit man ,used a .22 to shoot some one in the head . Reason being ,if he used a large calibre weapon, the victims head would explode ,be very messy.Where as ,the .22 would go through the skull , but not out the other side,
    (not as messy) but the bullet itself ,would riqouchet around indside his bonce, mashing up his brain .(its wot I read I may not be true) :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    My pistol transport case ;)

IMG_0208.jpg
    Very nice, I know you've mentioned the ppk and Magnum .44, but are the
    Other two Bond related ?
    stag wrote:
    A fine collection Sniper. The law as it applies to ownership of firearms in Northern Ireland used to be very restrictive but obviously this has been relaxed. The semi auto pistols, I take it they are modified so that they have to be cocked after each shot?

No pistols of all types are perfectly legal here, as long as authorised for club use or in certain circumstances personal protection. As in GB semi-auto full bore rifles need to be converted to straight pull but semi-auto pistols are fine.
    edited February 2015
    Very nice, I know you've mentioned the ppk and Magnum .44, but are the
    Other two Bond related ?

The Walther P99 certainly is as for the 1911 (the stainless one) Bond has used a similar one in a few movies, shooting Electra in TWINE for one.

One of the club members had an original 1916 officers Luger P08 down last night, perfect working condition ,beautiful to fire, I want one !!!
    Thanks sniper -{ now silly question time.
    How silly is it to fire a gun " Gangsta" style, held sideways on ?
    Very nice collection by the way. {[]
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Very Silly.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    :)) :)) :))
    Moronic . :s
    Thanks sniper -{ now silly question time.
    How silly is it to fire a gun " Gangsta" style, held sideways on ?
    Very nice collection by the way. {[]

As I understand it, this 'gang star' method actually has a purpose. When you fire a pistol, people tend to snatch it to one side as they pull the trigger, usually to the right, and by doing so you can obviously miss your target. If that said target is a person, you're likely to miss. By holding the gun on its side, snatching the trigger will cause your shot to go high, usually into the head area if aiming at the body, making you more likely to score a fatal hit.

That's the theory I heard anyway. For the record it's still a stupid way to shoot.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I did see a documentary saying many soldiers fired an AK47 sideway
    As it would kick up, so sideways it would " Spray" a load of bullets in the
    Direction you were firing ?
    Jeremy Clarkson ( blessed be his name) ;) fired an AK47 at a van from
    A very short distance, and not one of the bullets made the distance ! :o
    It would seem the movies have lied to me again. :))
    Always makes me laugh when suppresed pistols go 'pew pew' like the MR laser, explosions just make people fall over and arnie manages to get 46 shots off from a beretta 92fs without reloading.

Funny memory from the range;

Overhearing a group conversation about buying ammo off the shelf or making your own -

"Do you use reloads?"

"Oh yeah, all the time"

"Great, what do you use?"

"It's that little button just above the trigger"
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org