The whole Fleming/ McClory thing.

SpoffSpoff Posts: 244MI6 Agent
What do people think on this topic?

Is there a definitive "who was right or wrong" to the whole thing? I have read some stuff but most of it is a bit vague.

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It was really a whole Case of People getting there Wires crossed.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thinkk it was a case that, each side thought they were right. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    It's a frequent subject, take a look at this thread: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/29701/kevin-mcclory/ or this one http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/28885/kevin-mcclory/
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    I agree that McClory should have had the rights to Thunderball, but not Spectre or Blofeld.
  • SpoffSpoff Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    I agree that McClory should have had the rights to Thunderball, but not Spectre or Blofeld.

He also must have gained the rights to use Flemings characters in NSNA? how did that happen?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Spoff wrote:

He also must have gained the rights to use Flemings characters in NSNA? how did that happen?

Well...he DID write it with Fleming & Whittingham...so they weren't strictly Fleming's characters....
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Spoff wrote:

Well...he DID write it with Fleming & Whittingham...so they weren't strictly Fleming's characters....

Right, so I guess he could only use them in the context of that story? and that one time?
    Spoff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Spoff wrote:

Right, so I guess he could only use them in the context of that story? and that one time?

Yes...just in the context of THAT storyline...but, after the initial 10 year 'no remake' clause lapsed, he was (pretty much) free to keep remaking it....
    But everytime he tried he was tied up in legal red tape...and that led to a struggle for funding...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Spoff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes...just in the context of THAT storyline...but, after the initial 10 year 'no remake' clause lapsed, he was (pretty much) free to keep remaking it....
    But everytime he tried he was tied up in legal red tape...and that led to a struggle for funding...

Right, I get it a bit better now, thanks for the clarification.
    Pleasure -{
    YNWA 97