Recommended Further Reading

The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
So, I read the original IF novels in published order a few years back and have since read Solo too (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and lastly, Devil May Care (again, pretty good, especially the aircraft sequences), but what would members recommend me try next?
1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :))
    In a similar vein, I've re-read all the Flemings, then the continuing novels set in the (60s) and have just started
    to re-read the Gardner novels. ( buying them on kindle as I go) just finished Licence Renewed and will be starting
    For Special Services in March, http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/41729/bond-book-of-the-month/, working
    my way through the entire series, trying to stick to Bond's timeline rather than when they were published. :) So I
    should finish with Carte Blanche ( as it's a modern Bond story) -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I defiantly recommend the Gardner Novels (Even though his last few are rather Hit and Miss)

:)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Ok and is there a recommended reading order - TP refers to Bond's timeline rather than publishing timeline.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
    edited February 2015
    To be honest I think you have two choices, as they were published or
    As Bond ages.
    When I first read them , I was but a mere schoolboy. So picked them up
    From markets and old book shops, so didn't read them in order but rather
    As I found them. :D
    I took the advice from many here to read the Fleming books in order, which
    I do think is the best way to do it. -{ after that it's decisions, decisions. :D
    After DMC I read Solo, the two Christopher Wood Bonds ( Spy & MR) and now
    The Gardner novels.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    And don't forget the excellent Colonel Sun by Robert Markham (pseudonym for Kingsley Amis), the first post- Fleming novel. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Yes -{ You cannot forget CS.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I did. ;% :))
    Thats just the Symptom of a worn out Memory :v
    I think it's because mentaly I must count it as an
    original Novel, as it was written so soon after the Fleming's :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    And IMO it's the closest to Fleming and the best written, so an easy mistake to make TP -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Yes {[]