Japanese swords

SimonTemplarSimonTemplar Posts: 77MI6 Agent
I'm a collector for many years. Just thought I post in case there are like minded folks :)
Whenever there are firearm fans I find there are likely sword fans within the community or vice versa. Of course James Bond is synonymously linked with firearms.

Best

Simon

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    I used to collect them. Had a great collection and display. Then one day I was looking at them and wondered why, as a proud Englishman, I had gone Japanese. I slowly sold my collection and started collecting British medieval swords.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • SimonTemplarSimonTemplar Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    My grandparents both died and suffered at the hands of the Japanese in WW2 so to say there is going to be stigma about me collecting is an understatement especially from my parents. I learn about the sword, the history and the craftsmanship. I was once offered a sword that was made by a right wing figure to commemorate the Nanking Massacre, and yes I wanted it because it is a historical piece that is evidence of what took place to counter what some right wing people in Japan denying it ever happen.
    Even proud Englishman collect Japanese swords including the Royals and Louis Mountbatten but I know what you mean. Some are completely taken in by it all and follow a very Japanese lifestyle which is not bad in itself but if your heart are completely Blighty or a Hooray Henry like my friend then Japanese swords are not going to be your thing.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I used to collect them. Had a great collection and display. Then one day I was looking at them and wondered why, as a proud Englishman, I had gone Japanese. I slowly sold my collection and started collecting British medieval swords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I80ONsb43A :D
  • SimonTemplarSimonTemplar Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    I think Asp meant English medieval swords he collect ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Didn't ASP9mm start his collection, when they were still being made ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Didn't ASP9mm start his collection, when they were still being made ? ;)

You're thinking of Celtic swords.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............